Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Embarrassing eh?

Well coming from the class of person that's been trying to humiliate another poster over their comments about a transfer you really cannot comment on what's embarrassing my friend, your conduct has been little better than that of a school yard bully.

Since when is calling someone out on blatantly pretending to know a player humiliating? If someone is embarrassed by what I say to them then that's their baby.

Racist remarks on the other hand cannot be taken lightly as its disgusting.
    Ah get off the cross will you.

Both are strikers, both joined Liverpool, both had large transfer fees attached, both have had limited success and they are very similar physically.

If I compared Aiden Mcgeady to Ed Sheeran, is that racist?

It is in its hole.

You could give that analogy to several players, Andy Carroll being another recent example based on your description. Why Benteke and Heskey? But we both know the answer to that one don't we...

If you compared McGeady and Ed Sheeran you wouldn't be a racist, you'd be an idiot. Ed Sheeran doesn't play ball. I fail to see the relevance of the comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Since when is calling someone out on blatantly pretending to know a player humiliating? If someone is embarrassed by what I say to them then that's their baby.

You could give that analogy to several players, Andy Carroll being another recent example based on your description. Why Benteke and Heskey? But we both know the answer to that one don't we...

If you compared McGeady and Ed Sheeran you wouldn't be a racist, you'd be an idiot. Ed Sheeran doesn't play ball. I fail to see the relevance of the comparison.

Like I said, a school yard bully, you know exactly what you were trying to do and I know it.

Are you actually saying that if someone says two people of the same ethnicity, and the same physical stature, look like each other, that makes the person racist?

I'm really curious on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

This is pathetic. Can we not have this thread without people taking swipes at each other over meaningless comments.

None of us know if Mick really knows anything about Bailly but who cares It's not the end of the world. I hope Bailly turns out to be a world beater!

I don't think anyone else would consider Saul T Nutzz's comment as racist.

I don't really know any of the posters involved but this is ridiculous

Can we all just cop on and go back to reporting exaggerated transfer rumours

Like I said, a school yard bully, you know exactly what you were trying to do and I know it.

Are you actually saying that if someone says two people of the same ethnicity, and the same physical stature, look like each other, that makes the person racist?

I'm really curious on this one.

Yes, when it's in a parody style like you attempted. Same way if you were to say two Asians look alike due to their colour and features. How the f*ck can someone resemble another if they share skin colour and build? This isn't Power Rangers ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

This thread

jMLf2NG.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If we could have a separate thread for the adults here, that would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

If we could have a thread for the summer transfer window 2016, that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Mods, apologies for going off topic, I can assure you that there was nothing racist about my comment, if ye think that's what I was doing then card away and we can take it up in the drp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Christ...really belittles actual racism when you've got this ****e going on.

Anyone know what's the craic with the Irish players at Norwich and the like? Are we going to have even less players in top flight leagues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

There is a fashion and appearance forum for handbags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Are you not allowed to compare two black players now without being racist:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

How is Benheske rascist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

How is Benheske rascist?

Racist was the wrong word IMO, but I get the point. I assume if you ask someone where the comparisons were, they'd say because he's a big lad, because he's black, and because they think he's crap too.

Ok well maybe they might not say it but that's the joke right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If Liverpool were cute they should offer them Benheske. They wouldn't get back what they paid but even 60% of it would be a decent return considering the poor season he has had and the fact Klopp doesn't seem to have a home for him.

Would be a decent buy for Leicester too.

He scored 9 goals in 29 games last year or 1 in 3 which isn't bad considering the team isn't set up to cater for him.

He is a 1 in 2 (or there abouts) player and would do very well in the proper set up more than likely not at Liverpool.

In 12/13 he had a goal every 148 minutes.
    In 13/14 he had a goal every 98 minutes.
    In 14/15 he had a goal every 183 minutes.

This year

Benteke has a goal every 170 minutes.
    Agureo has a goal every 98 minutes.
    Kane has a goal every 135 minutes.
    Giroud has a goal every 152 minutes.
    Vardy has a goal every 130 minutes.

When you look at that he's not miles behind (bar Agureo) and he has actually bettered Lukaku GPM ratio of a goal every 176 minutes.

Edit: I'm not saying he's had a good season by any means because it has been poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I hear your a racist now father. How did you get interested in that sort of thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

It's pretty racist tbh. The two players aren't comparable.

:rolleyes: Please tell me this wasn't serious,

From continuing reading I see it was serious..........wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This like the way I used to confuse Sturridge and Welbeck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I really hope Watford hold on to Deeney. He's our talisman and captain. I'm not really sure what 20m is worth this season when you consider the massive influx in cash.

I've always believed perceived racism was in the eye of the beholder.

I thought it was more of a rhyming gag myself.

Play to Benteke strengths and he'll get you a good tally of goals.

Someone couldn't well get him at a decent price and he'll do alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I've seen it all now.

Would have thought of all people that Andre 3000 from Outkast wouldn't be wrongly accusing someone of racism.

More people outraged here at the mention of something being mentioned as racist than there would be if something actually racist was said.

The only thing worse than the PC Brigade is the anti-PC Brigade.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Can we just ban Andre 3000 for being an absolute numpty, please mods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

CSF wrote: »
    More people outraged here at the mention of something being mentioned as racist than there would be if something actually racist was said.

The only thing worse than the PC Brigade is the anti-PC Brigade.

Nah, come on. His comment came out of nowhere. Bizarre leap, that's why people are posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think we should have a mass brawl for everyone in the Soccer Forum and we can have a few pints then.

Help everyone sort their problems and stop this s**t storm of the last few weeks where everyone is on edge :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus the sooner the better someone signs for some team so we can read about a transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Special offer for the soccer forum.

Anyway...

Tre Penne of San Marino want to sign Cassano and Di Natale.
    They have CL football to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

inforfun wrote: »
    Special offer for the soccer forum.

Anyway...

Tre Penne of San Marino want to sign Cassano and Di Natale.
    They have CL football to offer.

As great a story as that would be, Tre Penne won the second division in San Marino. La Fiorita won the league and are in Champions League

ETA It looks like I misread and they had two pools and Tre Penne beat La Fiorita in the final. Apologies.

ronjo wrote: »
    As great a story as that would be, Tre Penne won the second division in San Marino. La Fiorita won the league and are in Champions League

For whatever reason there are 2 groups in that country but both the same level.

Tre Penne is the champion when looking here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

zerks wrote: »
    Kolo Toure released by Liverpool.

4e6be6d2a07adf1034b70f0b0d290bd6.png

A tragic hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Is there a more liked footballer around these days, considering he's played for three big English teams...what a man.

It is his facial expression.
    Who can hate/get angry at those faces he pulls?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Turtwig wrote: »
    Mod: not just the quoted post

Folks this is a really interesting (And fun!) thread with transfer gossip and club theories. Please try to refrain from the dry exchange remarks. It's not necessary and it just serves to turn people off contributing to the thread. Keep the posts warm, constructive and civil.

Thanks,

Just to re-iterate the above.

Hiroshi Kiyotake from Hannover to Sevilla.

Estimated €6 million fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Leicester apparently offered 20 million to Watford for Troy Deeney and had it rejected!!

This shows how screwed up this transfer window is going to get once the euros are over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

inforfun wrote: »
    Hiroshi Kiyotake from Hannover to Sevilla.

Estimated €6 million fee.

That's a great signing by Sevilla.

Never heard of him.

Korat wrote: »
    That's a great signing by Sevilla.

Never heard of him.

Villa were heavily linked with him when he was with Hannover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Leicester apparently offered 20 million to Watford for Troy Deeney and had it rejected!!

This shows how screwed up this transfer window is going to get once the euros are over

There is so much money in the Premier League now that we will see half a dozen teams smashing transfer records and ludicrous fees for players.

That said, rejecting 20m for Deeney is unlikely to be a money thing, but a case of Watford trying to keep their talisman and captain. Unless the player himself makes a case to leave I don't see them budging for any fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

dogbert27 wrote: »

It hasn't taken long for Leicester to change their recruitment policy from sensible to ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Watford are apparently after Berahino so that makes the Deeney to Leicester and Vardy to Arsenal stories pretty completee.

Now, whos going to replace Berahino?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Watford are apparently after Berahino so that makes the Deeney to Leicester and Vardy to Arsenal stories pretty completee.

Knowing Pulis, a centre half.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

GavRedKing wrote: »

Who or what else is Tony Pulls going to talk about at press conferences?

Knowing Pulis, a centre half.

All in for Gary Doherty to cover both roles so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Danny Graham, Anthony Stokes and Steven Fletcher all linked with Leeds

The creme de la creme of England, Ireland and Scotlands attacking talent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Middlesborough have offered Falcao a loan deal apparently.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/678734/Radamel-Falcao-transfer-news-Middlesbrough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

TheTownie wrote: »

It wont happen but he should take it, the main thing he needs right now is regular football not warming the bench at big clubs

I said it to others, imagine 3 years ago Falcao could end up playing with Boro. :o

At least hes trying to make a go of it.

With regular enough games he might score a few goals.

I'll always remember his one goal for us as I was at the game but mainly because we lost to Palace at home and had no idea that the following months would be a cluster f**k for the club and not just Falcao.

Emery off to PSG (most likely) after leaving Sevilla

Sevilla has appointed Jorge Sampaoli.
    Cant wait to see how he will be doing there.

https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/742257971552522240

Juventus have practically won the league before it begins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement