Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Kemar Roofe linked with Leeds

*drools*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Kemar Roofe linked with Leeds

*drools*

That'll go over most people's heads. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Pjanic to Juventus, cracking signing. Probably means Pogba is off so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Danny Graham, Anthony Stokes and Steven Fletcher all linked with Leeds

The creme de la creme of England, Ireland and Scotlands attacking talent

Fletcher would do a job there and I'd say Graham would too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

https://twitter.com/WestHamSocial/status/742295208176553984

Feghouli to West Ham on a free. Good signing, bags of talent and ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

Andre 3000 wrote: »

Hes decent but he seemed to have hit a wall a bit, back in the day he was earmarked as the next Zidane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/WestHamSocial/status/742295208176553984

Bought him on Football Manager two days ago for Man United. Had never heard of him before that but he's a beast in the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

A lot of rumours about Aymeric Laporte moving this summer - he's just signed a new deal at Bilbao with a €70m release clause.

Will put off any suitors I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

A lot of rumours about Aymeric Laporte moving this summer - he's just signed a new deal at Bilbao with a €70m release clause.

Will put off any suitors I'd imagine.

As a City fan I hoped we would sign him and obviously we aren't now if these rumours are true - but I don't really understand why he has done this. No club will pay that money and we know that Bilbao are notoriously hard to deal with. He is going to spend the next few years of his career in his comfort zone at Bilbao instead of testing himself at a Barca, City, United etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

rwbug wrote: »
    As a City fan I hoped we would sign him and obviously we aren't now if these rumours are true - but I don't really understand why he has done this. No club will pay that money and we know that Bilbao are notoriously hard to deal with. He is going to spend the next few years of his career in his comfort zone at Bilbao instead of testing himself at a Barca, City, United etc

I reckon this will keep him at Bilbao for next season and will just ensure they get a properly high fee for him when he does go - it may be in the region of €40m instead of €70m, but it definitely gives them a much better negotiating position if someone does come knocking.

Maybe he wants to stay at Bilbao, why does every player have to move to a "big" club

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

razorblunt wrote: »
    Fletcher would do a job there and I'd say Graham would too.

I'd take all 3 if I'm honest - all an upgrade on Antennuci and Doukara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Surely it's more of a test to play with lesser players around you rather than going to a supposed big club purely to pick up medals/money.

If I was Basque I would think playing for a club with Bilbao's traditions would really mean somthing and be some greater than playing for Man City.

Surely it's more of a test to play with lesser players around you rather than going to a supposed big club purely to pick up medals/money.

If I was Basque I would think playing for a club with Bilbao's traditions would really mean somthing and be some greater than playing for Man City.

How do you feel me about Herrera leaving those Basque traditions behind for United?

Totti sticking with Roma is a perfect example, wish more players did it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

How do you feel me about Herrera leaving those Basque traditions behind for United?

Herrera started at Real Zaragoza and only spent 3 seasons at Bilbao. He supports them rather than Bilbao.
    A bit different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He is a proud Basque and happy to stay at a great club in the Basque who have a policy that you must be a youth footballer in the Basque if you want to play for them. He is happy to stay at a club who are one of three that have never been relegated from La Liga, the other two being Barca and Real Madrid.

He will be testing himself against the best in La Liga every game and he will test himself against Barca, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid at least six times per season and likely more. He will also test himself against the best in the Europa League this coming season and hopefully in the Champion's league in a years time.

Also Bilbao always want a good price for their players but this hardly makes them difficult to deal with. They've let Javi Martinez and Ander Herrera go to big clubs without too much fuss. There were issues with Bielsa when he was there but that was down to the man himself and not the club.

How is it a dig? Seeing yourself as victims now? Your transformation into Liverpool is almost complete. Was interested if he saw a player moving to United from Bilbao as a step up but one to City as a step down.

ah - ninja edit I see

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

How is it a dig? Seeing yourself as victims now? Your transformation into Liverpool is almost complete. Was interested if he saw a player moving to United from Bilbao as a step up but one to City as a step down.

ah - ninja edit I see

My goodness, playing the Liverpool / victim card? After everything that came to light I'm surprised people like you still exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sounds about right Ronald.

Ck53LBDWkAALM31.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

eagle eye wrote: »

Also Bilbao always want a good price for their players but this hardly makes them difficult to deal with. They've let Javi Martinez and Ander Herrera go to big clubs without too much fuss. There were issues with Bielsa when he was there but that was down to the man himself and not the club.

Wasn't martinez transfer to bayern a very complicated affair?

klose wrote: »
    Wasent martinez transfer to bayern a bery complicated affair?

As was Llorente to Juventus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Micky Ryan is not extending his contract. Stand by for a scramble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He still has 3 years on his current deal doesn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

SlickRic wrote: »
    Sounds about right Ronald.

Ck53LBDWkAALM31.jpg

Think we've got the right man when Liverpool fans are at this crack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He still has 3 years on his current deal doesn't he?

Nope, free as a bird next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Sorry but who is he?

Sorry but who is he?

Myrkytain (That's not how you spell it either) Dortmund player :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Herrera's was aswell (although Bilbao didn't have a whole lot to do with it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

He has informed Dortmund that he won't sign a new contract, and in turn Dortmund have told him that he can go on a free next year, and that they won't accept any bids for him.

His Agent is not happy...but probably what his Agent deserves anyway.

eagle eye wrote: »

Yes, they wouldn't accept Bayerns payment. Wanted the money directly from Martinez, which is a bit complicated as that would have had Tax implications (i.e. by Bayern giving the Money to Martinez to buy himself out would have been taxable as Income), In the end Bayern got the Spanish FA involved who accepted to act as a intermediary for the money. Highly complicated and drawn out saga...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

DubDani wrote: »
    He has informed Dortmund that he won't sign a new contract, and in turn Dortmund have told him that he can go on a free next year, and that they won't accept any bids for him.

His Agent is not happy...but probably what his Agent deserves anyway.

Raiola is his agent a real pain in the ass but he will get him his transfer, after Mendes he is the best around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Question for all you knowledgable sorts... Is there any rules regarding minimum release clauses in Spain. I understand that legally it must be in a players contract but what stops a club seting it at a few hundred million baring the player kicking up a fuss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Degag wrote: »
    Question for all you knowledgable sorts... Is there any rules regarding minimum release clauses in Spain. I understand that legally it must be in a players contract but what stops a club seting it at a few hundred million baring the player kicking up a fuss?

It's gonna be negotiated similar to the way a wage is negotiated. That's why you see clubs giving players a bumper pay rise when they want to get the release price up because like everything it's a tug-of-war for leverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Think we've got the right man when Liverpool fans are at this crack!

Honestly couldn't care less about who Everton's manager is.

Everton did excellently to identify and get their man. I just find Koeman's hypocrisy amusing is all. Why give out about 'modern football' and paint yourself as a loyal, old school guy, when you're just the same as everyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Everton did excellently to identify and get their man. I just find Koeman's hypocrisy amusing is all. Why give out about 'modern football' and paint yourself as a loyal, old school guy, when you're just the same as everyone else?

Did he actually say such a thing though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Turtwig wrote:

I read somewhere some fan made up that quote myself,but cant confirm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

March 15th was a CL evening, Atletico - PSV.

Can imagine Koeman was invited to be analyst for that one.
    I cant remember seeing him on BTsport so maybe he said it on Dutch tv.

Only discussion on this on Dutch websites is because Boruc tweeted that same picture but no one confirming that Koeman indeed said something like that.

Edit:

Nope, wasnt on Dutch tv either.
    Gullit and Heitinga (yeah, you thought English tv had bad analysts...) were the analysts for that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Turtwig wrote: »

Does it matter anyway? It's nearly impossible to be loyal in the modern game.

• Advertisement

So have you a clue whether he said it or not or you just spouting about your rivals as usual..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

ES are saying that the total cost of the Pogba deal would be €315M. €140M in transfer fees plus €15M per year in wages plus bonuses. ES are essentially saying Pogba's contract would be €35M a year over 5 years.

Surely that can't be true. That means he'd nearly earn double of what Ronaldo earns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hallelujah for the Turkish league, always there to take ageing, declining and vastly over paid players off the books.

Dortmund have today signed 22 year old Portuguese International Raphael Guerreiro from Lorient for approx. 12 mil. Euro.

That's their sixth new signing after Marc Bartra (25, FC Barcelona), Sebastian Rode (25, Bayern Munich), Emre Mor (18, FC Nordsjaelland), Ousmane Demb l (19, Stade Rennes) and Mikel Merino (19, CA Osasuna).

They are getting their business done early, and pretty much setting themselves up for the years to come. They also reiterated today that
    Henrikh Mkhitaryan can leave on a free next summer, but won't be allowed to leave this summer. He is expected to lead the new young team this season.

Dortmund have today signed 22 year old Portuguese International Raphael Guerreiro from Lorient for approx. 12 mil. Euro.

That's their sixth new signing after Marc Bartra (25, FC Barcelona), Sebastian Rode (25, Bayern M nchen), Emre Mor (18, FC Nordsjaelland), Ousmane Demb l (19, Stade Rennes) und Mikel Merino (19, CA Osasuna).

They are getting their business done early, and pretty much setting themselves up for the years to come. They also reiterated today that
    Henrikh Mkhitaryan can leave on a free next summer, but won't be allowed to leave this summer. He is expected to lead the new young team this season.

There is some very good bargain there. I expect them to move a few of them on in 3/4 years for big profits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They are getting their business done early, and pretty much setting themselves up for the years to come.

Nah setting Bayern up for years to come ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Find that mad. After the season he had surely he'd fetch €20-30 million, didn't Hummels cost €30m with a year left on his deal.

Once he can talk to a club in January, and seals a deal, you'll hardly see the best of him after it never mind before then with a foot and a half out the door.

Find that mad. After the season he had surely he'd fetch €20-30 million, didn't Hummels cost €30m with a year left on his deal.

Once he can talk to a club in January, and seals a deal, you'll hardly see the best of him after it never mind before then with a foot and a half out the door.

Dortmund are and have been letting everyone know that they won't let anyone move on until they are happy to. They let Gotze and Hummels run down their contracts as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Dortmund are and have been letting everyone know that they won't let anyone move on until they are happy to. They let Gotze and Hummels run down their contracts as well.

Assume you meant Lewandowski instead of Hummels?

Gotze was bought by Bayern, they met his buy out clause and nothing Dortmund could do.

I just don't see the sense in not adding another €20-30 million to your transfer budget by letting the player go now.

Advertisement