Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wanyama to Spurs for 11m is on the BBC.

Bargain!

Mane to LFC for £30m next week is the word from the reliable journalists. Saints been gutted again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

rob316 wrote: »
    Bargain!

Mane to LFC for £30m next week is the word from the reliable journalists. Saints been gutted again.

Liverpool must be entitled too some sort of discount,by now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Should have bought your players yesterday... Sterling is worth sh!t now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Should have bought your players yesterday... Sterling is worth sh!t now!

Well, AZ already wiped Spurs offer for Janssen of the table.
    Pound is now considered the equivalent of beads and mirrors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The premium for Prem proven is still far greater than the drop in Sterlings value!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Should have bought your players yesterday..... Sterling is worth sh!t now!

Given his form this season I can see why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Wanyama to Spurs for 11m is on the BBC.

Comments on Facebook (hardly reliable I know!!) say the fee is this low partly because Celtic were owed 10% on anything above £12 million - does anyone know if this is the case or just nonsense spouted by pretend ITK's on social media?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Comments on Facebook (hardly reliable I know!!) say the fee is this low partly because Celtic were owed 10% on anything above £12 million - does anyone know if this is the case or just nonsense spouted by pretend ITK's on social media?
    Surely then it would be better to take 20m and give Celtic 2m?

I'd say it is a case of 1 year left on contract, bad attitude and not wanting to create a summer long saga. Still I would have held out for a bit more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its that low because its his last year of his contract. Celtic have 10% of any fee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Jack Byrne going on loan to Blackburn according to reports. Will be very interesting to see if he can push on and realise his potential.

As a Newcastle fan I'd love to see us go for Brady, think it would be a good move for him to work under benetiz and have a real possibility of being back in the premier league and kick on next season. Will probably not want a season in the championship though and you couldn't blame him

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

tastyt wrote: »
    Jack Byrne going on loan to Blackburn according to reports. Will be very interesting to see if he can push on and realise his potential.

As a Newcastle fan I'd love to see us go for Brady, think it would be a good move for him to work under benetiz and have a real possibility of being back in the premier league and kick on next season. Will probably not want a season in the championship though and you couldn't blame him

Would have liked to see him with Ajax or PSV

Nathan Redmond going to Southampton, replacement for Mané?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Nathan Redmond going to Southampton, replacement for Mané?

11m for a player who wasn't a regular starter for Norwich. Think he's a decent player myself though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Embolo has joined Schalke.
    Lapadula has joined AC Milan.
    Vrsaljko is expected to join Atletico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Bruma joined Wolfsburg for some 11m Euro.

DubDani wrote: »
    Bruma joined Wolfsburg for some 11m Euro.

It is so bizarre looking at these transfer fees. That signing would have probably cost the same 10 years ago, whereas in England the transfer market resembles nothing like it used to. 10 million is now a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I wouldn't have paid a fiver for Bruma 3 years ago because he was awful.

A spell back home looks to have been what he needed to sort out his shortcomings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

€18m bid in for Dzeko from Sunderland. Schalke seriously interested too but Sunderland have offered him £105,000 a week. All per Sky Italia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Dani Alves is in Turin for a medical and to complete his move to Juventus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

still gutted after today - but good news Brady been linked with Leicester - be good for Irish team , to get some of the players up into a bigger team .

Think Houlahan could do good with Leicester , as a Champions league squad player, rather than plodding in the Championship

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

thebaz wrote: »
    still gutted after today - but good news Brady been linked with Leicester - be good for Irish team , to get some of the players up into a bigger team .

Think Houlahan could do good with Leicester , as a Champions league squad player, rather than plodding in the Championship

Id like to see Wes go to Celtic

He could do really well with them and suits Rogers style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

thebaz wrote: »

He wouldn't get anywhere near the first 11. He'd be better served playing championship than reserve team football.

Now that the euros are over I can say it, Wes is grossly overrated by the Irish media. Handy player but nothing special.

Paully D wrote: »
    18m bid in for Dzeko from Sunderland. Schalke seriously interested too but Sunderland have offered him 105,000 a week. All per Sky Italia.

Schalke just spent 25m on Embolo, so I would be very surprised if they were in for him. Also pretty sure they won't be able to "afford" a second major signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Schalke just spent 25m on Embolo, so I would be very surprised if they were in for him. Also pretty sure they won't be able to "afford" a second major signing.

Schalke are the 13th richest club in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Gavlor wrote: »
    He wouldn't get anywhere near the first 11. He'd be better served playing championship than reserve team football.

Now that the euros are over I can say it, Wes is grossly overrated by the Irish media. Handy player but nothing special.

People seem to forget he's 34 too.
    Will probably retire from the Irish set up now and possibly club football by next summer.

Hoolihan has the right ideas but I agree with you, I'm sure he has an excellent footballing brain(at 5' 6'' he wouldn't have made it close to the top tier of football without it) but he's not dynamic enough nor is he at the level of riquelme which I feel you need to accomadate a player like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

As an Arsenal fan I sometimes get frustrated that we dont go out and buy the players we need. Then I see Mane going to Liverpool for the same price we paid for Sanchez and I feel a little better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well he's 34 now. Any footballer is past his best at that age. Unfortunately he wasn't getting picked during his prime years when he still had the engine and the legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

keano_afc wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan I sometimes get frustrated that we dont go out and buy the players we need. Then I see Mane going to Liverpool for the same price we paid for Sanchez and I feel a little better.

If Mane continues his 1 in 3 scoring record as a wide attacking player then I imagine Liverpool will be pretty happy with it themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hard to tell how Mane will take the step from a 6th placed team to an 8th placed team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hard to tell how Mane will take the step from a 6th placed team to an 8th placed team

Whay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Laurent Blanc has left PSG. Wonder where he'll end up next. Obviously he wasn't able to push them on in Europe but he made them into a far more dominant domestic side than Ancelotti had done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Laurent Blanc has left PSG. Wonder where he'll end up next. Obviously he wasn't able to push them on in Europe but he made them into a far more dominant domestic side than Ancelotti had done.

I could have done that with the team PSG have.

Blanc cost them the tie against City this year so no surprise he's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Marten de Roon from Atalanta Bergamo to Middlesborough for €14 million.
    Nice ROI for Atalanta who paid Heerenveen €1 million last year.

Did surprisingly well there. Didnt even he think he would get of the bench.

Godot. wrote: »

Schalke are the 13th richest club in the world

I pretty much doubt that. They are one of the biggest clubs in turnover, but a high turnover doesn't automatically make you a rich club. They are actually quite heavily in debt (to the tune of 160 mil Euro, I believe) mostly due to the Stadium. They even signed over their Sponsorship money from Gazprom directly to the Bank in order to be able to refinance a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Well he's 34 now. Any footballer is past his best at that age. Unfortunately he wasn't getting picked during his prime years when he still had the engine and the legs.

Don't want to sound like I'm bashing him because he is a nice footballer but the reason he wasn't picked (by a top club or his country) when he was younger is because he wasn't good enough.

I'd like to see him stay with Norwich as he'll get regular football with a winning team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Juve officially sign Alves.

Cl94gHJWkAAcuJk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You could say the same about Ibra, League winner to a team with no CL.

Or MickyR, second place to a fifth place team.

Or Pogba, winner to fifth.

Or Di Maria three (two years?) ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Wow

Palace agree 32m for batushyi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Crystal Palace have €38 million bid for Batsuayhi (spelling?!) accepted.

They've also activated Andros Townsend's release clause (£10.5m), and are confident of signing Steve Mandanda (I think he's out of contract but I'm open to correction), the French international keeper too.

Massive statement of intent from Palace if they pull all of that off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

And if Pardew gets the England job they'll be even better sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Palace make £31.5m bid for Michy Batshuayi from Marseille.

Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Shanghai SIPG have signed Hulk for €55M.

https://twitter.com/wildeastfootbal/status/747729577322156036

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

TheTownie wrote: »
    Shanghai SIPG have signed Hulk for €55M.

https://twitter.com/wildeastfootbal/status/747729577322156036

On €20 million a year apparently. Crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    On €20 million a year apparently. Crazy.

At least it means we're not linked with him for the first time in about 7 years.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    At least it means we're not linked with him for the first time in about 7 years.
    Never had the balls to test himself in a big league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Never had the balls to test himself in a big league

Why would you choose to work hard for a living when you can get paid that sort of money for not pushing youself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

keano_afc wrote: »

But yet arsenals new signing should fit in great at the emirates , seems to have the DNA of a bottler built into him.

Advertisement