Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Hulk confirmed Shanghai SIPG for about €41m, has one player generated more money for doing less?

Robbie Keane maybe? Though he has at least claimed a few goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Andros Townsend to Crystal Palace for 13 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/748787658944487424

Joel Matip's transfer to #LFC is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Shweiny
    Falcs
    Valdes

Van Gaal If you include managers

Larsson, RvP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Man City have signed Nolito for £14m from Celta Vigo. Didn't realise he was nearly 30 but not a bad signing I suppose.

Watford guaranteed success this season.
    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/748801298217119752

Sky sources: Watford complete signing of Isaac Success from Granada for club record fee in the region of £12.5m.

They have also rejected an offer of £37.5 million for Ighalo from Shanghai SIPG.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

zerks wrote: »

Sky sources: Watford complete signing of Isaac Success from Granada for club record fee in the region of £12.5m.

They have also rejected an offer of £37.5 million for Ighalo from Shanghai SIPG.:eek:

So you CAN buy success! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If United didn't spend they would be a bank, they need to sign expensive players. It brings in money, last year 3 of the top 5 selling shirts in the world of soccer were United shirts.
    Revenue at the club is exploding despite the recent blip.
    United can spend £200 million a year on players before sales and that figure will grow, a report on the stock market say United in the next 4 years will generate $400 million to $500 million a year in free cash flow. Their shares are in dollars.

Will be interesting to see if United break the world record price for a player this transfer window.

United are not a bank, they are a football team and do not have to borrow to buy players.
    So who is next apart from Mkhitaryan is the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

RobertKK wrote: »
    If United didn't spend they would be a bank, they need to sign expensive players. It brings in money, last year 3 of the top 5 selling shirts in the world of soccer were United shirts.
    United can spend £200 million a year on players before sales and that figure will grow, a report on the stock market say United in the next 4 years will generate $400 million to $500 million a year in free cash flow. Their shares are in dollars.

Will be interesting to see if United break the world record price for a player this transfer window.

United are not a bank, they are a football team and do not have to borrow to buy players.
    Man Utd fans use to brag about trophies not that they should be a bank lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

You really should get a job in the United PR department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

keano_afc wrote: »
    Larsson, RvP.

Lol

8689481350_e676890028_o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

MD1990 wrote: »
    Man Utd fans use to brag about trophies not that they should be a bank lol.
    You really should get a job in the United PR department.

Well people saying trying to buy success and such. Just pointing out the club are only spending money they already have.
    It is not like they got a rich country/oil nation or a Russian oligarch paying for the players.

Do very rich people buy designer goods or shop in poundland?

BBC say in one of their articles that Ibrahimovic could generate around £50 million in revenue for United.

Demichelis leaving City.
    Rumours are that he still wakes up at night with visions of Marcus Rashford running round him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

d345d990c7c39052b29ecaf8db0341fb.png

Probably playing tonight with Vertonghen en Vermaelen missing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Well people saying trying to buy success and such. Just pointing out the club are only spending money they already have.
    It is not like they got a rich country/oil nation or a Russian oligarch paying for the players.

Do very rich people buy designer goods or shop in poundland?

BBC say in one of their articles that Ibrahimovic could generate around £50 million in revenue for United.

Ah yeah, you can't fault a club for spending the money they have.

I'm sure there's some risk you can highlight about being beholden to shareholders/investors blah blah etc but if you've got 200million a year to spend, I can't really see a drawback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Unearthly wrote: »
    Not sure what's more crazy, that there has been bids for 68 million combined for Watfords strike force, or that Watford think they are worth more

Obviously it is huge money and seems way OTT for those players but between them they got 30 goals in the league last season. If they sell them who can they really get that could guarantee that amount of goals?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

That is serious wedge for Ighalo. Went off the boil in the back end of last season for them though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

slingerz wrote: »
    That is serious wedge for Ighalo. Went off the boil in the back end of last season for them though.

I honestly dont know why they rejected it

They could replace what he does for them easily and unlike Deeney he doesnt have the English quota attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Kobe248 wrote: »

They could replace what he does for them easily and unlike Deeney he doesnt have the English quota attached

Mazzarri is also well known for wanting to play 3-4-3 so I'm not sure where both are gonna fit in. I'm also skeptical if he'll get back to the performances of the first half of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Wouldn't be surprised if he was immediately loaned to Udinese or back to Grenada.

The Pozzo family are being creative in sharing the Watford TV money with theirs other clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Kobe248 wrote: »

But what's the point of accepting it if the player doesn't want to go to China? It's likely they consulted with the player's agent before rejecting the offer. If the player was up for it I think it would have been accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ben Arfa has signed for PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    Ben Arfa has signed for PSG.

Given the talent at PSG I cant see him starting many games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Given the talent at PSG I cant see him starting many games.

Disagree with that

He will get plenty of games due to his versatility

And will also be there go to sub for big CL games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Expect to see one of Lucas Moura (unlikely) and Javier Pastore (likely) to move on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Troy Deeney signs a new five year deal with Watford.

Happy to hear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 aido1603

Watford could have got over 60M for the pair of them, surely could have built a better team with that.

Good to see Deeney sign though and not kick up a fuss when Leicester came calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Lot of Transfers today
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, freesans, sans-serif]Steve Mandanda for Palace[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, freesans, sans-serif]Matt Richie for Newcastle ( 12 million :O)[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, freesans, sans-serif]Steven Fletcher signs for Sheffield Wednesday[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, freesans, sans-serif]Troy Deeney and Calum Wilson also signing new contracts[/font]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

1st of july innit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

• Dortmund Chief Executive confirming Henrikh Mkhitaryan to Utd for £26.3M

Bundesliga Player of the Year, Savage signing...get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Dortmund Chief Executive confirming Henrikh Mkhitaryan to Utd for £26.3M

Very good player and he will add a lot to yous. From the bottom of my heart - 'I Hate You's :D

I remember when he rejected Liverpool to play in the Champions League, wonder why he isn't that bothered any more....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

BVB.de wrote:
    Borussia Dortmund wishes Henrikh Mkhitaryan all the best for the upcoming Premier League and Europa League season.

Savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I remember when he rejected Liverpool to play in the Champions League, wonder why he isn't that bothered any more....

same reason he wouldnt join stoke, more money and a much higher chance of winning things

Because there is a difference between club who played once in CL in years to club who missed CL once or twice in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It's a bit like the girl who tells the ugly guy she isn't into dating at the moment, but then banging the guy she really wants next day

You sure it isn't the difference between 100k and 200k a week? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

same reason he wouldnt join stoke, more money and a much higher chance of winning things

I'd say you turn down more money in work all the time?

Any player entering his prime accepted lower contract offer to move clubs? I thought wage rise was obvious.

• Advertisement

• I remember when he rejected Liverpool to play in the Champions League, wonder why he isn't that bothered any more....

Money and a more realistic chance on winning silverware, isn't it obvious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

But ya, this transfer window eh....

Villa bid for Italian goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini of Hellas Verona
    Mauro Icardi strongly linked to Spurs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Corholio wrote: »
    But ya, this transfer window eh....

Villa bid for Italian goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini of Hellas Verona
    Mauro Icardi strongly linked to Spurs.

Every time I see that name all I can think is

coll-ina_1655159c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Oat23 wrote: »
    Savage.

Comes across as a bit petty tbf.

If roles were reversed and United did that to Dortmund, there'd be plenty of comments laughing at United for being bitter around here and of course the obligatory Simpsons Lemon pic.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Any player entering his prime accepted lower contract offer to move clubs? I thought wage rise was obvious.

Dortmund are pretty much guaranteed CL football every year yet he still fled to a club who'll double (at least) his wages. Tells me what he really wants at 27 (which is fair enough if money is important). Man Utd's chances are being reduced the PL becomes compressed by the flood of money and talent (a brave person would predict next May's top 4 now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Dortmund are pretty much guaranteed CL football every year yet he still fled to a club who'll double (at least) his wages. Tells me what he really wants at 27 (which is fair enough if money is important). Man Utd's chances are being reduced the PL becomes compressed by the flood of money and talent (a brave person would predict next May's top 4 now)

OR he's sick of watching all his team mates leave year after year and decided he wanted a fresh start under Jose Mourinho at one of the biggest clubs in the world and instead of plodding along in 2nd place in Germany he is buying into the idea that United can return to former glorys whilst ALSO getting a great wage?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Dortmund Chief Executive confirming Henrikh Mkhitaryan to Utd for £26.3M

That was Aubameyang.

Good signing though, I'll not pretend otherwise.

Not sure if serious, Benfica, Porto are also pretty much guaranteed CL every season with added bonus of having actual shot of winning league, that doesn't mean players stay there. If United chances at PL titles is reduced then Dortmund's is very much non existent with how strong Bayern are and how Dortmund loses key players every season.

For every player money is important, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves (not having go at you btw). Messi negotiates contract every season, Neymar just signed bumper contract using PSG's interest, Mane signed for club that finished below them.

CL factor is overplayed a lot. Players don't want to just play in CL, they want to win it. Otherwise players would be playing for Benfica, Basel and so on.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Savage.

It was well played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

That was Aubameyang.

Good signing though, I'll not pretend otherwise.

IIRC he was the Players player of the year.

Advertisement