Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• LiamoSail wrote: »
    I'm glad a United/Liverpool angle has been identified though, always an absolute joy to read.

Somehow Benteke to Palace involves Martial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I'm glad a United/Liverpool angle has been identified though, always an absolute joy to read.

Positively unbearable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

:D I threw that in quite deliberately I'll admit, just knew it would please the usual suspects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

:D I threw that in quite deliberately I'll admit, just knew it would please the usual suspects.

This is exactly what's wrong with the forum IMO.

Yep ban bantz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Yep ban bantz.

It's only banter if it's funny. Anyway back to transfers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

pZLxv.gif

anywhoo in non bantz (shudder) related stories:

Stoke are showing an interest in bringing Nani back to the Prem.

City have also completed the signing that was rumoured about 2 weeks ago, Ukraine's Oleksandr Zinchenko [FC Ufa - Manchester City]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Stoke are showing an interest in bringing Nani back to the Prem]

I don't like this

Bring back the Tony Pulis Stoke

Imagine saying 2/3 years ago that Nani, Bojan and Shaqiri would all be playing for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I thought Nani was going to Valencia?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

Have a feeling Robbie Brady move won't go through to Leicester, could see him at Boro and if not he should go somewhere outside England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I don't like this

Bring back the Tony Pulis Stoke

No he's busy bringing WBA into the dark ages - one of the reasons English football struggles to move forward is - Tony Pullis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

Glik just signed for Monaco

Great signing for them

He reminds me a lot of Vidic

Thought hed go to AC/Inter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kamil Glik gone to Monaco for €8m absolute laugh of a price compared to some buys made already. Some clubs around must be absolutely clueless.
    Denis Suarez has rejoined Barcelona from Villareal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ERG89 wrote: »
    Kamil Glik gone to Monaco for €8m absolute laugh of a price compared to some buys made already. Some clubs around must be absolutely clueless.

What's the fee for Suarez?

Small enough buy back I assume.

Looked a quality footballer the few times I saw him in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

What's the fee for Suarez?

Small enough buy back I assume.

Looked a quality footballer the few times I saw him in action.

€3.5m or something ridiculously small like that

They had a buy back clause after letting him go for next to nothing last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

ERG89 wrote: »

Has looked absolutely brilliant every time I saw him play. Had hoped a PL side would make a move for him.

€8 million versus reports of £15m for Michael Keane and £12m for James Tomkins.

FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Paul Pogba will join Manchester United only if his first choice of Real Madrid proves impossible

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/04/manchester-united-paul-pogba-real-madrid-juventus-france

£84m and £300k a week:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Middlesbrough sign Marten De Roon from Atalanta for fee believed to be £11.75m.

Also awaiting a work permit in order to sign Gaston Ramirez on a free from Southampton.

Boro also linked with Brad Guzan (please no!) and Victor Valdes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Heerenveen got €1 million last year for De Roon.... Great deal for Atalanta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

glenjamin wrote: »
    Middlesbrough sign Marten De Roon from Atalanta for fee believed to be 11.75m.

Also awaiting a work permit in order to sign Gaston Ramirez on a free from Southampton.

Boro also linked with Brad Guzan (please no!) and Victor Valdes.
    I wouldn't want Guzan if it was my club but I'd take him before Valdes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

eagle eye wrote: »

Youve clearly never watched Aston Villa

If you had Guzan is a selection over nobody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

eagle eye wrote: »

Why? Guzan was useless last year, and has never been very impressive, while Valdes was frozen out last year and before that won the lot at club level.

Valdes wasnt exactly a succes at Standard Liege last year. Came close to supporters chasing him out of the town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/750324129727905794

Tomkins from West Ham to Palace for £10 million

https://twitter.com/valenciacf_en/status/750325407535235072

Nani has joined Valencia on a 3 yr deal.

• Advertisement

Palace are spending (or threatening to) like Viv Nicholson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Paul Pogba will join Manchester United only if his first choice of Real Madrid proves impossible

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/04/manchester-united-paul-pogba-real-madrid-juventus-france

Even in a inflated market that figure is utter madness, no way is he worth that.
    £84m is a world record fee, even more than Bale, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

rob316 wrote: »
    Even in a inflated market that figure is utter madness, no way is he worth that.
    £84m is a world record fee, even more than Bale, right?

It'd be a world record in pounds but not euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Can't understand why Pogba would want to go back to Man Utd after they didn't want him enough when he was first there.

If I was him I'd want to rub it in their faces how big a mistake they made by letting me go not give them a second chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Can't understand why Pogba would want to go back to Man Utd after they didn't want him enough when he was first there.

If I was him I'd want to rub it in their faces how big a mistake they made by letting me go not give them a second chance.

Probably the bit below in bold is a big factor, that and working with one of the best managers in the world and at a huge club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Different manager and different set of players so he isn't going back to the same setup.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

84m and 300k a week would kinda rub it in their faces. He apparently was very happy in Manchester and still has many friends there plus an affinity for the club from what I've read.

iirc they did want him but there was a contract dispute and he wouldn't sign if he wasn't given playing time and they wouldn't give him that playing time until he signed. Obviously that in some way does show they didn't want him enough but without hindsight I think most understood their way of thinking even if they perhaps might have went another way.

Personally think he would go to Madrid if given a straight choice but I could also imagine it being tempting to walk back into Utd only a few years removed and suddenly be the top dog at the club making that much money per week. Plus he is still only just turned 23 so will no doubt get a few more contract bumps in the future on top of that obscene money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

He'd be eaten alive at Madrid I feel with that sorta fee, still feel for most there that Bale is still under the microscope even after 2 CL wins. Should wait at least a year before going anywhere. Needs to develop a bit more & perform better under pressure. Hasn't been as good as I expected at the euros against average opposition & I remember his strange performance at Real a year ago where he was trying to impress doing dumb tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

I find the Tomkins move a bit odd, was he not starting for West Ham? I thought they would have seemed the better choice between themselves and Crystal Palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

scouttio wrote: »
    I find the Tomkins move a bit odd, was he not starting for West Ham? I thought they would have seemed the better choice between themselves and Crystal Palace

Thought it was an odd one myself. Made 32 appearances in all competitions last season so not like he was on the bench every week. Unless they plan on bringing someone in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

scouttio wrote: »
    Think the first choice back 4 was Jenkinson, Cresswell, Reid and Ogbonna. Saw plenty of football through injuries, but he probaby didn't want to have to rely on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

CSF wrote: »
    Think the first choice back 4 was Jenkinson, Cresswell, Reid and Ogbonna. Saw plenty of football through injuries, but he probaby didn't want to have to rely on that.

Ah Reid was the one slipping my mind. Makes a bit more sense now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

West Ham are also looking to move to another level and Tomkins is definitely below that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I see Jeff Hendrick has been linked with a move to Galatasaray. I really can't see that happening - I'd be astonished if it did - but it would be interesting to see an Irish player try his luck abroad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

I see Jeff Hendrick has been linked with a move to Galatasaray. I really can't see that happening - I'd be astonished if it did - but it would be interesting to see an Irish player try his luck abroad.

I see what you did there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Johner wrote: »
    I'd say it's just a signing to try and boost City's popularity in Australia. I can't imagine he'll get much playing time.

Mooy loaned out to Huddersfield for the season already

If that is from a Turkish newspaper, consider this one:

According to Turkish press Fenerbahce is negotiating with Feyenoord for Kuyt to return to Turkey.
    Dirk Kuyt... who signed a 1 year extension to his contract yesterday at Feyenoord.

This is the pinch of salt you have to take Turkish news (of any kind actually) with

ibxhwo04210650.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Thought it was an odd one myself. Made 32 appearances in all competitions last season so not like he was on the bench every week. Unless they plan on bringing someone in.

The reason is surely obvious enough? Palace probably offered him about a 50% pay increase on his wages at West Ham. Seems the most logical scenario to me to be honest.

So he's now getting bigger wages for doing the same job and he probably didn't even have to move house or anything. No big mystery to that transfer surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

City after Bonucci. He would be a great signing but I don't see him leaving Juventus. Easily the best CB in the PL if he joined.

• Rumoured bid seems to be in around the 40 million

Mike van der Hoorn from Ajax to Swansea.

How they manage to sell rubbish players like that for good money is becoming annoying.

• Micky Ryan confirmed

Signing of the summer so far IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

United are winning the transfer league so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Micky Ryan confirmed

Between him and Xahka. Both give thier respective teams a massive boost.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Micky Ryan confirmed

OOOO be very carefull giving your opinion in the transfer thread Mick

Advertisement