Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

When aguero outscores zlatan next season you will see that you are wrong . I'm not knocking zlatan as a player but he has played in lesser leagues all his life this is the time for him to show can he do it in a proper league .
    His last 10 season of playing have only been in LA liga , Serie A and Ligue 1. They are much inferior in terms of competition to the premier league

Are you honestly taking the piss

Cause if not Ill leave it here

Cause you have proven my point about Premier League bias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

There is a lot of rubbish posted here but this has to be top of the list. Whatever about Ligue 1, but since when are la liga and seria A lesser leagues.

Since he signed for United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

There is a lot of rubbish posted here but this has to be top of the list. Whatever about Ligue 1, but since when are la liga and seria A lesser leagues.

I think he means in terms of the competition.

La Liga is clearly better than EPL, you only have to look at the last few UCL and EL winners to prove that, English sides arent getting a sniff.

IMO, the EPL is more well balanced and more competitive, as most of the teams are at a similar level, however, outside the top 6 in Spain, youre getting a lot of dross, except Sevilla who finished like 7th or 8th this year. :o

La Liga is still the #1 league by a long, long shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kobe248 wrote: »
    If Martial hits his potential

He will still do well to hit Zlatans peak

If he does he will be an amazing player

You referred to Kane and Martial as its easy to pick English based players

I suppose Vardy is better than Dybala sure he scored in England and Dybala scored in a inferior league

What has that got to do with anything? I originally referred to a post that said Zlatan was the best striker in the league.

Hes not, that is Agureo. I then went on to say that Kane will outscore Zlatan next season if he continues his form from the previous two seasons and that I could see Martial match or outscore him as well if he was played centrally, and that it might be a better option to work with him there as he has a bright future with United.

I referred to PL based players because that's where Zlatan will be playing next year. And those are the players he will be competing with for the golden boot.

I think you've picked me up wrong along the way.

By the way I think Zlatan is a fantastic player and love watching him play so don't think I'm writing him off. He will do well for United next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

When aguero outscores zlatan next season you will see that you are wrong . I'm not knocking zlatan as a player but he has played in lesser leagues all his life this is the time for him to show can he do it in a proper league .
    His last 10 season of playing have only been in LA liga , Serie A and Ligue 1. They are much inferior in terms of competition to the premier league
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think he means in terms of the competition.

La Liga is clearly better than EPL, you only have to look at the last few UCL and EL winners to prove that, English sides arent getting a sniff.

IMO, the EPL is more well balanced and more competitive, as most of the teams are at a similar level, however, outside the top 6 in Spain, youre getting a lot of dross, except Sevilla who finished like 7th or 8th this year. :o

La Liga is still the #1 league by a long, long shot.

I'd hope that's what was meant but the parts in bold would make me think otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Since he signed for United

This is it essentially, he's suddenly "unproven at the highest level" when that's nothing but pure concentrated twaddle. Fair enough he won't be scoring 50 goals this season but for people to think he's suddenly gonna drop to Giroud level is madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Are you honestly taking the piss

Cause if not Ill leave it here

Cause you have proven my point about Premier League bias

Premier league bias ?

In the last 30 years LA liga has been pretty much a 2 horse race , the other teams don't have a penny compared to real Madrid and Barcelona. When other sides in LA liga develope a good player it seems inevitable that they will the good player to real Madrid , Barcelona or athletico Madrid who have only started to challenge in the last few years. One of the teams that got relegated from LA liga getafe had their highest goal scorer in the league score 4 that is abysmal.

In terms of competitveness the premier league is a much more competitive league last season a team who nearly got relegated the year before where champions and a team that won the league struggled all season. You won't see that in any other European league. So yes the premier league is the most competitive in terms of the teams you face because you don't really get an easy game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    This is it essentially, he's suddenly "unproven at the highest level" when that's nothing but pure concentrated twaddle. Fair enough he won't be scoring 50 goals this season but for people to think he's suddenly gonna drop to Giroud level is madness.

Not unthinkable that Giroud could end up scoring more than him to be honest. I think this all stems from someone saying last night that Zlatan was automatically the best striker in the Premier League now. I think that's a pretty big jump to make until we see the evidence in front of our eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Not unthinkable that Giroud could end up scoring more than him to be honest. I think this all stems from someone saying last night that Zlatan was automatically the best striker in the Premier League now. I think that's a pretty big jump to make until we see the evidence in front of our eyes.

I think that was one posters opinion, not one that's shared by the vast majority of United fans.

Anyway, the Valdes transfer for me is the nuttiest of this summer so far. I think we'll have to go a long way to see one that so few could have predicted a few years back.

Jayop wrote: »

I think that was one posters opinion, not one that's shared by the vast majority of United fans.

Anyway, the Valdes transfer for me is the nuttiest of this summer so far. I think we'll have to go a long way to see one that so few could have predicted a few years back.

Well it could get a whole pile madder if van persie joins him because that is all over the likes of twitter and gossip columns now.
    Valdes and Van Persie at middlesboro ! The mind boggles

• Advertisement

Well it could get a whole pile madder if van persie joins him because that is all over the likes of twitter and gossip columns now.

Bring back Juninhio./

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Kuba is joining Boro I think.

71d8ec2145fe2c9c2db0dd2cfe105184.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Really? He has been linked with Pool a lot though hasn't he? Haven't seen any links to Boro.. would be an interesting one alright..

Dortmund's squad is getting some overhaul

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Kuba? Could you narrow that down?

But he doesnt have the hustle and bustle

So the average fan will appreciate Sanchez more

Even though he had a spell at the end of the season where he was truly terrible

Oxlade chamberlain has more hustle and bustle than most but that doesn't make him any more of a player (because he's ****)

And Alexis was actually great at the end of the season, he had a poor stretch after his injury but went a scoring run throughout April so I dunno where you got that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jakub blaszczykowski

Yes I had to Google how to spell that properly :D

Bring back Juninhio./

Bring back ravenelli also !!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

astradave wrote: »
    Really? He has been linked with Pool a lot though hasn't he? Haven't seen any links to Boro.. would be an interesting one alright..

Ah right, Błaszczykowski. Not many call him Kuba other than Dortmund and Poland fans.

He was on loan at Fiorentina last season so not really surprising that he's leaving.

• Advertisement

Blaszykowski (or something)

Premier league bias ?

In the last 30 years LA liga has been pretty much a 2 horse race , the other teams don't have a penny compared to real Madrid and Barcelona. When other sides in LA liga develope a good player it seems inevitable that they will the good player to real Madrid , Barcelona or athletico Madrid who have only started to challenge in the last few years. One of the teams that got relegated from LA liga getafe had their highest goal scorer in the league score 4 that is abysmal.

In terms of competitveness the premier league is a much more competitive league last season a team who nearly got relegated the year before where champions and a team that won the league struggled all season. You won't see that in any other European league. So yes the premier league is the most competitive in terms of the teams you face because you don't really get an easy game.

How much goals did Villas top scorer get

Sevilla, Villareal and Valencia all have players good enough for the big three but not playing for them

Anyways Im going to stop with you

You have shown your angle

I dont agree with you/You dont agree with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Premier league bias ?

That's because the other leagues last season were of a higher quality at the top end and wouldn't have let that happen.

If Leicester did what they did last season in the premier league back 5 or 6 years ago they wouldn't have won it either.

Pelle off to China - Shandong Luneng , terms agreed apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pelle off to join Shandong Luneng in China. Big pay packet of course but shame to see another one off there.

Pelle off to China - Shandong Luneng , terms agreed apparently

Is that an actual team or a play on Shane Long?? :)

ha! It's a real club. Shane Long to Shandong Luneng would be excellent :D

jakub blaszczykowski

Yes I had to Google how to spell that properly :D
    Ah right, Błaszczykowski. Not many call him Kuba other than Dortmund and Poland fans.

He was on loan at Fiorentina last season so not really surprising that he's leaving.
    P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Blaszykowski (or something)

My very bad - I knew it was a Dortmund player but its Neven Subotic not Blastacowinthesky, who is indeed strongly linked with Liverpool though I doubt it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I thought Pelle had a decent Euros, it will be a shame to see him head to China.

Will it mean more of a chance for Long or will they be aiming to sign a new talisman upfront?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I thought Pelle had a decent Euros, it will be a shame to see him head to China.

Will it mean more of a chance for Long or will they be aiming to sign a new talisman upfront?

With the amount of money floating around the league at present they'd probably buy someone regardless of needing to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Cmon don't slate pelle for leaving southampton it's always been a childhood dream of his to play in china

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Premier league bias ?

You're right. The English premier league is one of the most competitive leagues in all of England.

We've had seven or eight different champions in Ireland in the last few years. Zlatan needs to come here or he'll never be remembered as a top level player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Katharina Liebherr must be glad she didn't sell the Southampton now after she inherited it with all the money it's making from transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Cmon don't slate pelle for leaving southampton it's always been a childhood dream of his to play in china

Was hardly a childhood dream of his to play for Southampton either. He did what 90% of players will do, go with the best offer. I can't really fault him

Yeah, he's leaving Southampton like. Not a big club by any measure and he will be earning alot more money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Davide Santon had passed a medical at Sunderland and was all but set to agree a £4m move, however he refused to have the relegation wage reduction clause in his contract (which all Sunderland players have at 50%) and the deal is now off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Was hardly a childhood dream of his to play for Southampton either. He did what 90% of players will do, go with the best offer. I can't really fault him

I don't remember saying that:eek::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I don't remember saying that:eek::P

No but there's sort of an implication in your post that he's a sell out for moving to china.

He's 31 years old now..Won't ever play for a major club and has managed to find a way of cashing in on a good euoropean championships and can set himself up for life after a career as mediocre journeyman player.

I guess you could be critical of a younger player jacking in their career for china but for Pelle he's not going to do any more than playing for a mid table team.

Paully D wrote: »
    Davide Santon had passed a medical at Sunderland and was all but set to agree a £4m move, however he refused to have the relegation wage reduction clause in his contract (which all Sunderland players have at 50%) and the deal is now off.

You can see why to be fair given how much Sunderland have floated with relegation in recent years.

CSF wrote: »
    You can see why to be fair given how much Sunderland have floated with relegation in recent years.

Completely agree.

I'd have no issue breaking it for a real next level type signing, but for the likes of Santon, no way. He's not a bad player don't get me wrong, he'd be an improvement on Yedlin/Jones at RB for sure, but he's not good enough to be breaking that clause for.

• Advertisement

Clubs like that have to protect themselves. In fact all clubs should protect themselves against the unimaginable happening. Like, imagine of United or City did get relegated. Had a season like Chelsea did but only worse and went down. If could literally bring the clubs to their knees, probably United even moreso because we don't have a rich benefactor.

Clubs like that have to protect themselves. In fact all clubs should protect themselves against the unimaginable happening. Like, imagine of United or City did get relegated. Had a season like Chelsea did but only worse and went down. If could literally bring the clubs to their knees, probably United even moreso because we don't have a rich benefactor.

Problem is you can't convince a good player to take that deal. Particularly at a Premier League club where the primary reason for coming from abroad is that tasty wage on offer.

Problem is you can't convince a good player to take that deal. Particularly at a Premier League club where the primary reason for coming from abroad is that tasty wage on offer.

Should be standard though. Like most decent players will know they will be moved on if a club gets relegated.

Look at Newcastle, would have been hard to imagine a few seasons before they went down that they would be in danger. Leeds before that.

Also does anyone why Gignac is playing out in Mexico it's not like the Mexican league is riddled with money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Also does anyone why Gignac is playing out in Mexico it's not like the Mexican league is riddled with money

Tacos

Check again

Its why most mexicans dont leave Mexico

They get enough scratch there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

With Stanton it was a case of his miss's still lives in Newcastle. I'd say they'll meet somewhere in the middle as he wants to move back

Scott Wilson @Scottwilsonecho

Arsenal determined to beat #Boro in battle to sign Borussia Dortmund defender Neven Subotic... http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/14608254.Arsenal_determined_to_beat_Middlesbrough_to_Neven_Subotic_deal/

Sunderland were very interested and highly linked at the start of the summer too but all has gone quiet there. Strange one, but your manager not being able to guarantee that he'll be in charge come the start of the season hardly helps.

Check again

Its why most mexicans dont leave Mexico

They get enough scratch there

Then how come more players haven't gone out there players haven't exactly flocked there like they have to china

• Advertisement
Advertisement