Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

No but there's sort of an implication in your post that he's a sell out for moving to china.

He's 31 years old now..Won't ever play for a major club and has managed to find a way of cashing in on a good euoropean championships and can set himself up for life after a career as mediocre journeyman player.

I guess you could be critical of a younger player jacking in their career for china but for Pelle he's not going to do any more than playing for a mid table team.

Haha I was joking about the name similarity, I guess nobody picked up on it :P. I'm Stephenl15 and he's Stephen15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Then how come more players haven't gone out there players haven't exactly flocked there like they have to china

People prefer a good Kung Po duck to tacos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

Then how come more players haven't gone out there players haven't exactly flocked there like they have to china

A lot of Argentines head to Mexico

No where is paying for ok players like China

Mexican footballers make a very good living

The average player would make less in Europe

Hence why only the stars really go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

With Pelle leaving a new manager and the europa league distraction I fear for southampton this season I think even relegation could be on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

zerks wrote:
    Mario Gotze in talks with Spurs.

Please let this happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭OldRio

Marten de Roon, Victor Fischer, Bernardo Espinosa and Victor Valdes all now signed for Boro. Neven Subotic deal still in balance.
    Rumours about a major deal for a striker. Not RVP as far as I know but anything is possible at Boro.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aitor-karanka-middlesbrough-fc-new-11581585

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

With Pelle leaving a new manager and the europa league distraction I fear for southampton this season I think even relegation could be on the cards.

People were saying this a couple of years ago too when Liverpool bought half their squad. They finished comfortably top half in both seasons since then.

They'll be fine. Around 10th at worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

People were saying this a couple of years ago too when Liverpool bought half their squad. They finished comfortably top half in both seasons since then.

They'll be fine. Around 10th at worst.

They had Koeman and some shrewd signings in between, its a bit early to tell how they will do next season but I think they will be bottom half next year just with the loss of Koeman, they could do better/worse but its gonna depend on how well they go in the transfer market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jayop wrote: »
    Should be standard though. Like most decent players will know they will be moved on if a club gets relegated.

Look at Newcastle, would have been hard to imagine a few seasons before they went down that they would be in danger. Leeds before that.

I think any clause should like that should be met with a free transfer release clause. Allowing the player to leave if that 50% wage drop is activated.

What other motivation is there to go to a club like Sunderland who seem to permanently flirt with relegation? Villa were the same and then eventually stopped bailing themselves out at the last minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

CSF wrote: »
    I think any clause should like that should be met with a free transfer release clause. Allowing the player to leave if that 50% wage drop is activated.

What other motivation is there to go to a club like Sunderland who seem to permanently flirt with relegation? Villa were the same and then eventually stopped bailing themselves out at the last minute.

Yeah fair points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sky Sports News HQ

@SkySportsNewsHQ

WATCH: Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse joins Chinese club Shandong Luneng for undisclosed fee http://skysports.tv/ddgvOc
    11:10 AM - 9 Jul 2016

202 202 Retweets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Also does anyone why Gignac is playing out in Mexico it's not like the Mexican league is riddled with money

Could be a thing to do with tax , if he was earning x amount and paying little to no tax on it then that could be a reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Jackson Martinez has sent his agent to Europe to try and get him a move to Serie A he will undoubtedly take a large paycut handy must have been a handy six months for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Could be a thing to do with tax , if he was earning x amount and paying little to no tax on it then that could be a reason

While the designated salaries for the top players in the MLS are higher than the Mexican league the overall squad budget in the Mexican teams is higher and they do have tax advantages.

Some of the top Mexican teams would have budgets above $50m per year which is higher than most teams outside the top few of most European leagues excluding the premiership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Apparently 1860 Munich had agreed a deal to sign Adel Taarabt but they pulled out of it at the 11th hour.

He might as well retire. 1860 won't even sign him. What a fall from grace.

Their sport director: "With a transfer this big for us, it is important we get to know the player we are signing personally. Everything has to be perfect, but one or two things were not, so we have decided to cancel the deal."

Said after Taarabt had agreed to the move and was in Germany meeting the staff..

Yakubu heading for Boreham Wood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Should be alright still. He's still only 30.

Hes been 30 since 2004 though.

Yakubu is 34 supposedly.

Thought he was way older than that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Yakubu is 34 supposedly.

Thought he was way older than that!

He is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/09/aiyegbeni-yakubu-boreham-wood-portsmouth-everton-reading

The most surprising part of the article above is that jaap stam is the reading manager, when did that happen??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cisse, now there's a player I'm not surprised to see go to China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,652 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yeah , good money in mexico.
    And cigniac looks like he wouldnt get that in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

cjmc wrote: »
    Yeah , good money on mexico.

Good food, great women :)

Adebayo Akinfenwa joins Wycombe Wanderers, he'll be big there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Adebayo Akinfenwa joins Wycombe Wanderers, he'll be big there.

602.gif

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭OldRio

Alvaro Negredo from Valencia to Boro. Just a rumour at the moment but certain persons supposedly in the know are mentioning it on Twitter.
    (Could be a loan deal?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Vincent Janssen from AZ to Spurs for €20 million according to www.vi.nl

Feyenoord let him go on a free to Almere City 2 years ago..... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

Gokhan Tore has joined West Ham on loan for the season.

me89 wrote: »
    Gokhan Tore has joined West Ham on loan for the season.

Always looked a very good player in the making for our Youth team. Seems to have done really well at Besiktas, interesting to see how he does for West Ham.

• Advertisement

Graziano Pelle has signed for Shandong Luneng. Disappointing to see him go there but money talks.

CnFcs8TW8AAGChX.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭weisses

Pelle moving to a Chinese club

signed 2.5 years ...Salary 38 million for that period ....

inforfun wrote: »
    Vincent Janssen from AZ to Spurs for €20 million according to www.vi.nl

Feyenoord let him go on a free to Almere City 2 years ago..... :mad:

And still defending that decision ... Pathetic

• Clever move from Newcastle IMO

Slapped a 35 million price tag on Sissokos head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Clever move from Newcastle IMO

May as well just say he's not for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Clever move from Newcastle IMO

Not a hope they'll get that for him, I would have assumed 15-20m would have been the top end of what theyed get for Sissoko.

Edit : I also cant see him at Newcastle this season, he'll get a move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Not a hope they'll get that for him, I would have assumed 15-20m would have been the top end of what theyed get for Sissoko.

In a world where Troy Deeney is worth more then 30 million Sissoko is worth more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

MrMac84 wrote: »
    In a world where Troy Deeney is worth more then 30 million Sissoko is worth more!

I'd take Sissoko at Chelsea for about half the price, he'd be a slight upgrade on Ramires who hasnt been replaced yet and we got £25m for from a Chinese club, who tried his hardest to attack a ref only recently. :o

You'd also hope you're getting the Sissoko thats performed for France and the early days of his Newcastle career and not the guy thats been on Euro 2016 watch since about January this year.

• GavRedKing wrote: »

Edit : I also cant see him at Newcastle this season, he'll get a move.

But Newcastle say they won't budge unless they get that kind of money! Players putting in transfer requests means **** all really. I think he at least has 2 years left on his contract anyway.

• Advertisement

• May as well just say he's not for sale.

With the money being spunked on players it wouldn't be all that shocking, even if we all know hes not worth that

weisses wrote: »
    And still defending that decision ... Pathetic

Explanation makes sense.
    If he hadnt developed the way he did in the last 2 years, which no one could predict, there wouldnt be questions now.
    Can hardly say they do a lot wrong at the youth academy winning the best youth academy in the Netherlands 5 years in a row in those days

Maybe letting him go on a free was the kick up his arse he needed at that moment?

And lets be honest... 27 goals last season. 6 before christmas.
    I like him, dont get me wrong but i am not convinced just yet after 6 months glorious goal scoring in the Eredivisie

Johner wrote: »
    Graziano Pelle has signed for Shandong Luneng. Disappointing to see him go there but money talks.

CnFcs8TW8AAGChX.jpg:large

Well, with Magath as a manager at that club, Pelle deserves that 38 million for all i care.

Explanation makes sense.
    If he hadnt developed the way he did in the last 2 years, which no one could predict, there wouldnt be questions now.
    Can hardly say they do a lot wrong at the youth academy winning the best youth academy in the Netherlands 5 years in a row in those days

Maybe letting him go on a free was the kick up his arse he needed at that moment?

And lets be honest... 27 goals last season. 6 before christmas.
    I like him, dont get me wrong but i am not convinced just yet after 6 months glorious goal scoring in the Eredivisie

I had my concerns as well .. I got convinced after seen him play for the Dutch team

I hold the Academy in high regards as well but Janssen did not all of a sudden learn how to play in the last 6 moths ..That talent was always there and not picked up by them

At least They will collect 1.5 million due to Pelle's transfer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

1.26 million a month. It's no wonder he went.

Well, with Magath as a manager at that club, Pelle deserves that 38 million for all i care.

Its crazy money

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/footballers-with-highest-salary/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Burnley have bid for Jeff hendrick. Would be a great move for both parties and Ireland as well if he moves there. With Barton going to rangers he will play every week I'd imagine.

• Burnley have bid for Jeff hendrick. Would be a great move for both parties and Ireland as well if he moves there. With Barton going to rangers he will play every week I'd imagine.

Great news
    Defo deserves it, especially after the Euros

Hope Robby Brady gets scooped up too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/davidgold/status/752484608499937281
    I can confirm that Gokhan Tore has today joined on a years loan with an option to complete a permanent transfer. dg

West Ham sign Gokhan Tore on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Hope Robby Brady gets scooped up too

Was there talk of him going to Leicester a couple of weeks ago?

I had my concerns as well .. I got convinced after seen him play for the Dutch team

I hold the Academy in high regards as well but Janssen did not all of a sudden learn how to play in the last 6 moths ..That talent was always there and not picked up by them

At least They will collect 1.5 million due to Pelle's transfer :D

True, he surprised me positively when playing for Holland.
    But then again, it is not hard to be the shining light in that crapfest selected by Danny ****ing Blind.

Think he has a good chance to demote Kane. At least Janssen isnt going to take free kicks direct on goal from 40 yards and further away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement