Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

inforfun wrote: »
    True, he surprised me positively when playing for Holland.
    But then again, it is not hard to be the shining light in that crapfest selected by Danny ****ing Blind.

Think he has a good chance to demote Kane. At least Janssen isnt going to take free kicks direct on goal from 40 yards and further away.
    You think Spurs would drop Kane? That's silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd say kane will be at utd to replace Zlatan for the following season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Jansen has had one season in the Eredivisie which was very good but its not far off championship level. He was in the Dutch 2nd tier before that. 20m is a decent amount for him. Huge step up for him & I think he will most likely struggle.

Wouldn't be that worried about Spurs next year. Excellent manager in Pochetino but they overachieved last season considering there squad is not great. Son I think will improve this coming season for them.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Jansen has had one season in the Eredivisie which was very good but its not far off championship level. He was in the Dutch 2nd tier before that. 20m is a decent amount for him. Huge step up for him & I think he will most likely struggle.

Wouldn't be that worried about Spurs next year. Excellent manager in Pochetino but they overachieved last season considering there squad is not great. Son I think will improve this coming season for them.

I think they have a better more balanced squad than almost every other team in the league .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Burnley have bid for Jeff hendrick. Would be a great move for both parties and Ireland as well if he moves there. With Barton going to rangers he will play every week I'd imagine.

Hope a better offer comes in than that from a club that have a decent chance of staying up. To be honest if Burnley is the best offer he has then it is very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Burnley have bid for Jeff hendrick. Would be a great move for both parties and Ireland as well if he moves there. With Barton going to rangers he will play every week I'd imagine.

Hope a better offer comes in than that from a club that have a decent chance of staying up. To be honest if Burnley is the best offer he has then it is very disappointing.

He's hardly a world beater, that's his level in the EPL lower mid table-relegation fighters. No shame in that.

I think it's more important he gets regular gametime than be a squad player at a better team. I'd also give burnley a 50/50 chance of staying up once they keep hold of Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

He's not that much better than that level to be honest. He had some good displays in the Euro's but it's always a risk judging a player in isolated tournaments. I would say Derby fans would have a better view on him than Irish fans to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I honestly think he lacks the killer pass, test of his game seems pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Liam O wrote: »
    You think Spurs would drop Kane? That's silly.
    If Kane plays the way he did for England and Janssen does the way he did for Holland, they would be silly not to.

I said he has a good chance but i do keep in mind Kane's "englishness" is a big factor too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Corholio wrote: »
    He's not that much better than that level to be honest. He had some good displays in the Euro's but it's always a risk judging a player in isolated tournaments. I would say Derby fans would have a better view on him than Irish fans to be honest.

Burnley would be a great move for him. From what I gather a lot of Derby fans wouldn't mind seeing him moved on for a decent fee as he's very inconsistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If Kane plays the way he did for England and Janssen does the way he did for Holland, they would be silly not to.

I said he has a good chance but i do keep in mind Kane's "englishness" is a big factor too.

Kane has scored 46 PL goals in the last two seasons.

He won't be dropped for a guy who's had one good half season in the Erdivese.

• inforfun wrote: »

A couple of bad games in the Euros with an out-of-his-depth manager in charge at England?
    He had him taking Free kicks

Kane will lead the line next season going on his excellent record in the league

We'll see..... No one expected him to be a €20 million player and the Dutch starting No 9 in July 2016 either 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hendrick going to Burnley would be great. He gets the chance to show he belongs in the Premier league and if he performs then he gets a move to a bigger club in a year or two.

Jansen is a typical Spurs buy. They fancy they can develop him and increase his value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Can't wait to see if Kane becomes the 3 season wonder next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Muller and lewandowski based on the euros wouldn't get a game for mk dons.

I would rather judge Kane on two excellent seasons then a few games at the end of a long season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

ERG89 wrote: »
    Good food, great women :)

Judging by the fanzones he's a big hit with French girls(I don't see it), I'd take them over some fake Mexicans(He's married though, doubt that stops him though)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Talk of Bacca to West Ham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭OldRio

Valencia defender and ex Liverpool player Antonio Barragan could be on his way to Boro.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/antonio-barragan-middlesbrough-fc-close-11602278

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Negredo, Valdes and Subotic, Middlesboro are really pushing the boat out, bringing in lots of experience there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

rob316 wrote: »
    Negredo, Valdes and Subotic, Middlesboro are really pushing the boat out, bringing in lots of experience there.

Bit of a fall from grace from Subotic (I know he's had injuries) considering how highly rated he was a few seasons ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Bit of a fall from grace from Subotic (I know he's had injuries) considering how highly rated he was a few seasons ago.

He's only 27 so a good (injury free) season with Boro could get him a move to one of the bigger clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Worry a little bit with this approach if I was a boro fan

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Higuain was offered 50 million a year to play in china bit he rejected since he dosent want to move to china. Arsenal linked with a move that would involve Giroud going the opposite direction.

• Advertisement

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Higuain was offered 50 million a year to play in china bit he rejected since he dosent want to move to china. Arsenal linked with a move that would involve Giroud going the opposite direction.

A million a week for a lad that isn't even in the top 20 players in the world. Fair play to him for turning it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

A million a week for a lad that isn't even in the top 20 players in the world. Fair play to him for turning it down.

Scored nearly 40 goals last season and broke Serie A records but I'm sure your opinion is based on him missing a peno for Argentina or something.

Might not be top 20 players in the world but in the top 5 finishers in the world.

Would be my first choice for a dream signing to play at Anfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Where the frig are Inter getting 50m to splash out on him?

• Advertisement

Where is all the money these days.... CHINA

I hadn't realised there had been a takeover there. It would be nice to see them competing again. Joao Mario looks a decent player, not 50m decent but sure that's the way it is now.

I hadn't realised there had been a takeover there. It would be nice to see them competing again. Joao Mario looks a decent player, not 50m decent but sure that's the way it is now.

Thats the chinese a great bunch of lads... I think someone else in Italy could have be taken over 2 but not sure. Ya I'd like to see the Italian league back being strong for nostalgic reasons

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Scored nearly 40 goals last season and broke Serie A records but I'm sure your opinion is based on him missing a peno for Argentina or something.

What are you on about ye im really going to base my football opinion on something like that.He is a good player but it's hardly that controversial an opinion to not think he is in the top 20 players in the world. Messi Ronaldo aguero neymar suarez bale lewandowski are 7 attacking players I'd have ahead of him you could make argument for a fair few more. That's just attacking players.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Higuain is a big game bottler. Proven fact.
    https://twitter.com/mazejay1/status/747645657851232256

Just with Argentina. Not including his time with Real missing chances in CL KO stage & costing Napoli a CL place missing a penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Higuain is a big game bottler. Proven fact.
    https://twitter.com/mazejay1/status/747645657851232256

Just with Argentina. Not including his time with Real missing chances in CL KO stage & costing Napoli a CL place missing a penalty.

Every forward misses plenty of excellent chances throughout a season. Higuain is just unlucky that a lot of his have come at crucial moments. It doesn't mean he's more likely to miss at crucial times in comparison to other top strikers, you would need a way bigger sample size of Higuain misses to reasonably come to that conclusion.

You could make any forward look bad by picking out a few clips of missed chances :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Seriously what is life. I don't understand this at all.

AZ is busy signing a replacement for Janssen, a guy called Freddy Friday.
    That is meme material that name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

You could make any forward look bad by picking out a few clips of missed chances :rolleyes:

Yeah but if it's on twitter it must be true

• Advertisement

Of course a striker can miss chances that's not the point but it's doing it consistently in very important games. I remember Higuain missing chance after chance for Real vs Lyon back in 2010 when they went out. He then failed to score on numerous occasions vs Barcelona missing plenty of chances over the course of the next few seasons before being sold. Then of course the Argentina misses.

He cost Napoli a CL place in 14/15 missing a penalty vs Milan at 2-2 in the 75 min where a winner would have guaranteed them CL football. Then last season no misses but has a complete meltdown vs Udinese resulting in a 4 game ban ending Napoli's Serie A title run & showcasing his suspect temperament in pressure situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

He cost Napoli a CL place in 14/15 missing a penalty vs Milan at 2-2 in the 75 min where a winner would have guaranteed them CL football.

Was it not against Lazio and it meant Lazio got CL football? Had he scored the other 2 to get them back level from 2-0 down? Or is my old mind playing tricks on me?

kfallon wrote: »
    Was it not against Lazio and it meant Lazio got CL football? Had he scored the other 2 to get them back level from 2-0 down? Or is my old mind playing tricks on me?
    No that's right it was Lazio. He missed one against Milan in a different game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

In the Copa America final just gone he missed an easy enough chance too, had an age to decide what to do and went for a speculative one on one chip and put it wide, his overall play in that final was terrible too, not that Aguero was much better when he came on but he did force Bravo into a fine save from a header, Higuian also had chances in the WC final to win it for Argentina but missed 2 good ones if memory serves me right.

While theyre not things that should define a player, theyre things that stand out, given the occasions that they happened in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I thought Italian clubs had to have italian owners

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

SSN saying that Martin Skrtel has passed his medical at Fenerbahce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

AZ is busy signing a replacement for Janssen, a guy called Freddy Friday.
    That is meme material that name.

Have backed him quite a bit in the Tippeligaen over the last year and a bit or thereabouts, decent record, youd imagine he could do well in Eredivisie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Barcelona have signed Lucas Digne for €16.5m rising to €20m based on add ons.
    Sevilla being strongly linked with Ganso too for €10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When a bang average player like Pelle becomes the 5th highest paid player in the world moving to China it won't be long before some player does get that £1m a week wage over in China.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

When a bang average player like Pelle becomes the 5th highest paid player in the world moving to China it won't be long before some player does get that £1m a week wage over in China.

Assuming the bubble lasts over there for another 5-7 years, Messi or Ronaldo could do it for 1 year, not that theyed need the money but you never know.

Advertisement