Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

astrofool wrote: »
    You can kind of spout that for English Weather vs. Spanish, but, man, LA is a dump, and the weather's great if you want to spend all your time in air conditioning. If he goes to LA it will be for the money, rather than the sophisticated atmosphere.

I doubt anyone with mega cash hangs out in the **** parts of town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

You can kind of spout that for English Weather vs. Spanish, but, man, LA is a dump, and the weather's great if you want to spend all your time in air conditioning. If he goes to LA it will be for the money, rather than the sophisticated atmosphere.

It's really not.

Hollywood sure but not LA as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

LA is one of the best places in the world to live if you have money. And the climate is pretty similar to a lot of Spain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Liverpool agree to sign Mainz keeper Karius for about £5M, according to the reliable Echo.
    Suggested he's back-up, but may start as first choice.
    Already have Matip coming in from Schalke on a free.

Will Gotze complete a Bundesliga holy trinity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Dickerty wrote: »
    Liverpool agree to sign Mainz keeper Karius for about £5M, according to the reliable Echo.
    Suggested he's back-up, but may start as first choice.
    Already have Matip coming in from Schalke on a free.

Will Gotze complete a Bundesliga holy trinity?

According to German Media (Kicker etc.) his release clause is set at 10 mil. Euro, and Mainz are holding out for the full amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Interesting item in the top right hand corner....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFtei2nl3WF/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

ASOT wrote: »
    Interesting item in the top right hand corner....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFtei2nl3WF/

He's a favourite of Florentino Perez so Real won't be selling him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

He's a favourite of Florentino Perez so Real won't be selling him.

I hope they dont sell him because I'm a Liverpool fan but its still interesting all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If he does leave he will have a choice of clubs. I imagine he'd go to one not in the Europa league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/ManCityMEN/status/734453040871247872

City will complete Gündogan deal within 'days' according to reports in Germany. Fee around £20m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ManCityMEN/status/734453040871247872

City will complete Gündogan deal within 'days' according to reports in Germany. Fee around £20m

Isn't he injured for months? Seems like a big risk, he seems to get a lot of injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

He's very much injured at the moment, I guess they'll waive the medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Johner wrote: »
    Isn't he injured for months? Seems like a big risk, he seems to get a lot of injuries.

More so he has suffered a couple of serious injuries rather than him being injury prone . However 20million is peanuts for him if he can get over this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

£20m that could be the signing of the season provided he can stay fit. Awesome player, just what City need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Gundogan was one of the best in the world back before that first big injury, haven't seen much of him lately but hopefully he gets nowhere near that level again for City :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

zerks wrote: »
    Gotze is staying at Bayern.

Delph was staying at Villa at one stage last summer

Maybe he does want to stay though, if Carlo wants him, but I'll rarely take anyone on their word anymore

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Gundogan was one of the best in the world back before that first big injury, haven't seen much of him lately but hopefully he gets nowhere near that level again for City :pac:

He was brilliant this year. One of the major reasons for BVBs resurgence this season and it wasn't a coincidence that their season tailed off after he got injured again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Paco Ayestaran signs a two-year deal to stay at Valencia. I'd be encouraged if I were a Newcastle fan, one less temptation for Rafa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Viktor Fischer to join Boro. There's a sentence that no one would have expected to read two years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Viktor Fischer to join Boro. There's a sentence that no one would have expected to read two years ago.

The Ajax guy? Meant to be brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Re: Fisher

Used to be destined for becoming a star.
    But got a nasty hamstring injury that took him out for a year and never really got to his best after that.
    Also not the greatest mentality
    When things were getting tough end of the season, he didnt get playing time anymore and Amin Younes was prefered.

Only 1 year left on his contract as well.
    So all things considered, not all that shocking

Joey Barton to Rangers.

That will be fun against Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Loris karius confirmed to Liverpool for under 5 million, a bit of a snip by all accounts.

Barton to rangers is strange, turning up premiership football?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

klose wrote: »
    Loris karius confirmed to Liverpool for under 5 million, a bit of a snip by all accounts.

Barton to rangers is strange, turning up premiership football?

In fairness he hasn't got the legs for PL football anymore, and he knows it. The challenge of getting Rangers back to the top of Scottish football again is quite appealing.

That is probably it.
    He is 33 now so he is better off playing in the top in Scotland than relegation football in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I already saw that happen two years ago, signed him up in football manager. Bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

22m bid by the champions for ahmed musa of cska,striker

Barca have money problems it seems. Both Alves & Mascherano could be joining Juventus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MD1990 wrote: »
    Barca have money problems it seems. Both Alves & Mascherano could be joining Juventus.

Both their wages then thrown into a wheel barrow and dropped too neymars house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

MD1990 wrote: »

Expect to see Pogba move in the other direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Pogba wont move to Barca, if he does move it will be to England where he continues to be the star, their is a Balon D'or in his future at Barca he wont win it, he knows this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Cant see that.If they cant afford Alves & Mascherano then Pogba is outnof the question.

Pogba won't leave Juventus this season. They are building a very impressive squad even if they lose Morata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

astonaidan wrote:
    Pogba wont move to Barca, if he does move it will be to England where he continues to be the star, their is a Balon D'or in his future at Barca he wont win it, he knows this

U must know the lad ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

U must know the lad ya

No I just understand football, but great argument, I bow to your wisdom :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Cant see that.If they cant afford Alves & Mascherano then Pogba is outnof the question.

Those two leaving prolly frees up about £350k to £400k in wages a week and would bring in around £40m in fees.

Add another £40m and that's the whole lot covered.

It's hard to see them (Barca) not make at least one big signing if a couple of big names leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Barca used a very small squad this year due to the transfer ban it seems and it really hurt them in the UCL and nearly cost them the league.

They'll have to promote from within as well as signing a few fillers, especially when Alves and Mascherano leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lukaku has confirmed he wants to leave Everton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Chelsea? Oh wait - no CL footie.

Those two leaving prolly frees up about £350k to £400k in wages a week and would bring in around £40m in fees.

Add another £40m and that's the whole lot covered.

It's hard to see them (Barca) not make at least one big signing if a couple of big names leave.

Cant imagine Juve paying £40 million in total for a 33 and 31 year old.
    Can imagine someone paying that, just not Juve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Why does selling a declining 33 year old and a 31 year old who seems to want to give Italy a go, mean that they can't afford them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

SantryRed wrote: »
    Why does selling a declining 33 year old and a 31 year old who seems to want to give Italy a go, mean that they can't afford them?

It doesn't but it's still very surprising they're letting these guys go and I think cutting excesses on the wage bill probably is the reason.

I mean really Barca need to be adding to their threadbare squad rather than getting rid of players. They'll replace Alves (probably Bellerin) and Mascherano (no idea) but they probably needed extra players in these positions even before these guys were leaving.

They have Alexis Vidal for right back already.
    Just that much lauded La Masa doesnt bring much talent through the last few years.
    Which can be seen by the results of Barca B as well. Last season relegated and now finishing 11th in Seg B

And Gotze basically being told by Rummenigge it is better if he leaves since Ancelotti will not play him either.

CSF wrote: »
    It doesn't but it's still very surprising they're letting these guys go and I think cutting excesses on the wage bill probably is the reason.

I mean really Barca need to be adding to their threadbare squad rather than getting rid of players. They'll replace Alves (probably Bellerin) and Mascherano (no idea) but they probably needed extra players in these positions even before these guys were leaving.
    Bellerin isn't going anywhere for a while yet, he's not Fabregas. Seems to love life in London.

Bellerin isn't going anywhere for a while yet, he's not Fabregas. Seems to love life in London.

When Barca come knocking, most people say yes. It's a transfer I'd expect to happen this summer if Alves does in fact leave. He's the natural replacement.

When Barca come knocking, most people say yes. It's a transfer I'd expect to happen this summer if Alves does in fact leave. He's the natural replacement.
    Not this year. We've no reason to sell, Barcelona are hardly going to spend north of £30m on him, and he said this week he has zero intentions of leaving.

Not this year. We've no reason to sell, Barcelona are hardly going to spend north of £30m on him, and he said this week he has zero intentions of leaving.

When he decides he wants to go, which he probably will, it becomes very difficult to keep him. If Alves goes, I'd bet good money Bellerin comes in. Arsenal can't compete with Barcelona in these matters.

• Advertisement

When he decides he wants to go, which he probably will, it becomes very difficult to keep him. If Alves goes, I'd bet good money Bellerin comes in. Arsenal can't compete with Barcelona in these matters.
    When he wants to go, I agree. I disagree on when that will be, he's clearly very happy as is. He's pretty much a Spanish-Cockney hybrid already.

Advertisement