Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Klopp had plenty of impact on dortmund transfer policy. Not sure where you heard that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

CSF wrote: »
    Oh, I assume it's a similar situation at Liverpool now then? Begs the question as to whether it was the scouting or the coaching that created stars at Dortmund then.

How can the scouting create a star? It can identify someone with talent and bring them into the correct environment for their development but their role is that of a facilitator. It is the coach (and the coaches working under the main man) who create a star. There are very few coaches in Europe better at nurturing, developing and accentuating the positives of a player better than Jurgen Klopp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

inforfun wrote: »
    Saw Wijnaldum making his debut for Feyenoord age 16.
    Now 9 years later, i still cant say what his best position in a team is.

His best season at Feyenoord was when playing right behind Castaignos (cfwd) scoring 14 goals in a team that finished 10th in the table but would have been 4 places higher if he hadnt missed an awful lot of chances.
    The kind of player that does a job everywhere where you put him but you have always the idea someone else should play there.

He is a nice player, but not €35 million nice.
    But then again.... seeing £30 million spend on rubbish with a uk passport, i guess Wijnaldum is worth €35 million

As the deal is for about £25m (dunno why you're euro as it's a Sterling transaction) no one is going to worry too much.

Meanwhile Liverpool are also signing Ragnar Klavan from the fjords of er Augsburg for about 4.5m, medical tomorrow. Can play LCB/LB and DM

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Klopp had plenty of impact on dortmund transfer policy. Not sure where you heard that

Watzke (CEO) and Zorc (Sporting director) do all the deals at Dortmund. The two of them would consult with Klopp and it was said that no player would be signed unless all three agreed.
    Managers making the decisions on who is signed is a British thing. Sporting directors make the big signing decisions on the continent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

As the deal is for about £20m (dunno why you're euro as it's a Sterling transaction) no one is going to worry too much.

Meanwhile Liverpool are also signing Ragnar Klavan from the fjords of er Augsburg for about 4.5m, medical tomorrow. Can play LCB/LB and DM

The € came from the Dutch site i read.
    Pool offer €24 (£20) newcastle want €10 more (all amounts in millions of course)

Ragnar Klavan.... previously at Heracles and AZ.
    Didnt know they had fjords in Estonia though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

If I was a Dortmund fan I wouldn't be happy with this.. the whole Mhkitaryan fee on Schurrle.. no thanks.

https://twitter.com/bvbstufff/status/755171929091350528

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

astradave wrote: »
    If I was a Dortmund fan I wouldn't be happy with this.. the whole Mhkitaryan fee on Schurrle.. no thanks.

https://twitter.com/bvbstufff/status/755171929091350528

Not much between them, Schurrle 2 years younger and Mkhitaryan with only one year left on his contract. Dortmund getting the better value here but both teams will be happy with the player they're signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Dortmund have bought very well. But Schurrle for 32m is not a good deal at all. He is a good finisher & quick but doesn't provide anything else at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

CSF wrote: »
    Not much between them, Schurrle 2 years younger and Mkhitaryan with only one year left on his contract. Dortmund getting the better value here but both teams will be happy with the player they're signing.

Dortmund fans are not happy signing Schurrle. They don't rate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I am sure Tuchel is happy to have Schürrle. He gave him his pro debut at Mainz when he was 18/19 and was a big part of Tuchel's success there in the beginning. Schürrle's best season in Germany was under him.

The got done with the fee as expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

MD1990 wrote: »
    Dortmund have bought very well. But Schurrle for 32m is not a good deal at all. He is a good finisher & quick but doesn't provide anything else at all.

Ya and you have to question the need for him and Gotze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The fee for Schurrle is to be expected, Wolfsburg paid nearly €30million for him.

We're signing Halilovic from Barca for €5m. 4 year contract and Barca have a buyback for 2017 (€10m) & 2018 (€12.5m).

Strange deal. We have wanted him on loan since last summer and would have paid a fee to loan him, as would many other teams. But instead they sell him to us for a low fee and will likely buy him back for double next year? Thanks for the free €5m I guess.

There's also the chance he won't want to go back if he thinks he'll end up warming the bench and would rather start every week.

http://www.goal.com/de/news/968/transfernews/2016/07/19/25759522/alen-halilovic-wechselt-zum-hamburger-sv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Oat23 wrote: »
    We're signing Halilovic from Barca for €5m. 4 year contract and Barca have a buyback for 2017 (€10m) & 2018 (€12.5m).

Strange deal. We have wanted him on loan since last summer and would have paid a fee to loan him, as would many other teams. But instead they sell him to us for a low fee and will likely buy him back for double next year? Thanks for the free €5m I guess.

There's also the chance he won't want to go back if he thinks he'll end up warming the bench and would rather start every week.

http://www.goal.com/de/news/968/transfernews/2016/07/19/25759522/alen-halilovic-wechselt-zum-hamburger-sv

Are we? Is he going to be the new moderator or what??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Gavlor wrote: »
    Are we? Is he going to be the new moderator or what??

Most people here know oatsey supports Hamburg.
    It even says Hamburg in the link.

I've got it in my sig, but I keep forgetting you can disable that and that it doesn't show on the touch site. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    AZ is busy signing a replacement for Janssen, a guy called Freddy Friday.
    That is meme material that name.

And here he is introducing himself to his new team mates....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Stoke bid 20 million for Berahino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Oat23 wrote: »

I really dislike this trend of Madrid and Barcelona snapping up every youth that can kick a ball straight, loaning them out and then selling anyone who isn't immediately ready for the first team, with a buy-back.

You see it with Morata and the way that Madrid have basically bought him back to re-sell him.

I appreciate that clubs don't have to buy players from Madrid and Barcelona and are choosing to accept such deals but something about it doesn't sit well with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

If Real Madrid had signed Pogba who would he have replaced in the starting XI anyway? They seem pretty stacked in midfield

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Godot. wrote: »
    If Real Madrid had signed Pogba who would he have replaced in the starting XI anyway? They seem pretty stacked in midfield

That's never stopped them buying anyone before.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Juventus using possible Pogba money to spend 94m on Higuain would be a big mistake.28 & has had weight issues. Higuain is a very good player but he won't help them win the CL either. We all know how he performs on the big occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

GLaDOS wrote: »
    That's never stopped them buying anyone before.

I think Real Madrid aren't pushing because he just wouldn't improve their team. He'd improve their squad but the first XI directly? Not too sure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Napoli president De Laurentiis: "Atletico Madrid offered 1 month ago €60M + 2 players for Higuain; I've refused. Now let's see with Arsenal"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

To be honest in the current market Higuain is well worth £50 million, there are probably only 7 or 8 better strikers in football if even that.

He doesn't handle pressure as well as you'd like him to but no player is perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

To be honest in the current market Higuain is well worth £50 million, there are probably only 7 or 8 better strikers in football if even that.

He doesn't handle pressure as well as you'd like him to but no player is perfect

He really would fit in very well at Arsenal (I say as a fan).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

keano_afc wrote: »
    He really would fit in very well at Arsenal (I say as a fan).

Yes you could see the irony in him going to Arsenal alright, it's a combination that could be entertaining for non arsenal fans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Just seen where juve have bought pjaca, good signing, any time I have seen him he has been dynamite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yes you could see the irony in him going to Arsenal alright, it's a combination that could be entertaining for non arsenal fans

Not really though, I'd fancy him to bag a few more goals in the Arsenal side than Giroud would. So would be a good signing for Arsenal, don't see it happening though as Wenger wouldn't part with that kinda cash.

• Advertisement

Paul Pogba will become the most expensive signing in the history of football and will join Manchester United this summer, according to our colleagues at L’Équipe.

After negotiations began yesterday between Juventus and Manchester United, the Red Devils saw an offer worth €101m rejected.

Between that occurring and now, two things have happened, according to the French football newspaper’s website.

One, Juventus have accepted Paul Pogba’s decision to leave.

Two, Manchester United have accepted to pay what Juventus demanded yesterday, €120m plus bonuses.

Mino Raiola, according to certain indiscretions aside from this new report, has agreed a €24m package from Manchester United.

This would take the transfer to €144m, excluding bonuses.

Final details will need to be agreed in the coming days, but Paul Pogba is now set, barring an extraordinary u-turn, to re-join Manchester United.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/paul-pogba-will-join-manchester-united/

Insane money but a great signing if its true.

Gotze back to Dortmund looks like it's done €26m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Gotze back to Dortmund looks like it's done €26m.

Should never have gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/755852006648975360

Stoke have agreed a fee of £13million with Liverpool for Joe Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/755843515737866240

Arsenal reported to have offered €50 million for Icardi.

Should never have gone

Hard for Germans to turn down Bayern.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/755852006648975360

Stoke have agreed a fee of £13million with Liverpool for Joe Allen.

from being linked with United the other day to a 13m move to Stoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Juve have got more than the cost of their stadium back for selling him back to United.
    Good signing for Stoke that. Disappointed we got more for Ibe, pity Joe wasn't born in England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Things are looking up for him alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

From been linked to Joe Allen to the verge of signing pogba where have United gone wrong.

Stoke owners were watching the euros..

• Advertisement

• Wonder what Glenn Whelan be thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

ERG89 wrote: »
    Juve have got more than the cost of their stadium back for selling him back to United.
    Good signing for Stoke that. Disappointed we got more for Ibe, pity Joe wasn't born in England

Joe only had 12 months left on his contract hence that fee. Still Liverpool get back pretty much what they paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I was going to say earlier that the agent fee is tied in with the transfer fee, around 20% but looks like Juve are asking united to pay it.

Good negotiation, they hold all the cards really

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Coming out of Italy that Pogba rejected Real Madrid for Manchester United. Pogba said to be committed to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

No player is worth that money absoulte crazy, we all though it was mad when zidane moved for 46 million, wont be long till 200 million is spent on a player! When will it stop??

but1er wrote: »
    No player is worth that money absoulte crazy, we all though it was mad when zidane moved for 46 million, wont be long till 200 million is spent on a player! When will it stop??

It's all relative to the revenue clubs get these days. It would probably require Sky to default on their TV deal to stop the huge inflation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

but1er wrote: »

One Billion Dollars :D

RobertKK wrote: »
    Coming out of Italy that Pogba rejected Real Madrid for Manchester United. Pogba said to be committed to United.

I have not read that any where. It is said in Torino Real are back with a matched offer and nothing is certain yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Unearthly wrote: »
    I was going to say earlier that the agent fee is tied in with the transfer fee, around 20% but looks like Juve are asking united to pay it.

Good negotiation, they hold all the cards really

United pay Juve £100m and Juve give Riola £20m or Utd pay Juve £80m and Riola £20m. Whats the difference?

United pay Juve £100m and Juve give Riola £20m or Utd pay Juve £80m and Riola £20m. Whats the difference?

Seems like Juve want the 100, and man Utd to pay the 20

• Advertisement
Advertisement