Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Shearer had a few bad seasons where he as coming back from injuries and wasn't at his best and so that would impact on his stats for those years.

His scoring record for Blackburn is simply insane.

That's literally the worst point to make and it equally applies to all players playing themselves back into form.

You can't simply dismiss games Shearer played in but didn't score in because he was coming back from an injury and not do the same for the player you're comparing him to. If Rooney didn't take 10 games to get back fit after an injury his rate would be better too, but it does take him that long.

Goals per games take all of that into account and like I said there's very little difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Jayop wrote: »
    I don't understand your point. The goals per game ratio removes injuries from the equation because it only points to the games they actually played in and removes the periods they were injured.

Yes, but my point is if Shearer had scored say 320 goals etc the goals stats wouldn't be anywhere near close enough to even have the comparison yet in the first place. The stats as they are can be construed to be close enough but without injuries they wouldn't be in anyway. I'm not arguing against you or anything, just that this very comparison wouldn't have even been mentioned yet had it been different.

Corholio wrote: »
    Yes, but my point is if Shearer had scored say 320 goals etc the goals stats wouldn't be anywhere near close enough to even have the comparison yet in the first place. The stats as they are can be construed to be close enough but without injuries they wouldn't be in anyway. I'm not arguing against you or anything, just that this very comparison wouldn't have even been mentioned yet had it been different.

But if Rooney scored another 80 goals he'd be ahead and if your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Benfica attacker Anderson Talisca to Wolves for 20 mil pound.

The world has Turely got mad when teams like Wolves speeding this money

Is he any use?

To be Ture, to be Ture...

Jayop wrote: »
    Is he any use?

Well YouTube says he great and he is also very good on fifa ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

£20m must be close to a record buy for a Championship club

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

That's mad. Wolves actually rang my job today looking for sponsorship which was quite weird.

• Advertisement

GLaDOS wrote: »
    £20m must be close to a record buy for a Championship club

It is and I think a good fee mil more then the last higher spend on a player.
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    That's mad. Wolves actually rang my job today looking for sponsorship which was quite weird.

They have to pay for him somehow ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

ASOT wrote: »
    1e got you a hundred jellies 20 years ago, now it doesn't even get you one Fredo. How times have changed.

1 euro and 27 cents you mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

He must have very little ambition if he's going to Wolves.

He could probably have his pick of clubs across Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

He must have very little ambition if he's going to Wolves.

He could probably have his pick of clubs across Europe.

Maybe when he heard an English club where signing him for such a huge fee he assumed that they were a premier league club!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The thing about Pogba, might be likely if United had kept him he may be at the age now that he may be moving on to Madrid or some other big club, if you get me. Yes there would be crazy difference in the financial situation but as a player, United are going to have him at his peak years, all going well.

He also may not have progressed to the player he is and got as much game time as a player and I doubt he would cost 100 million.

Yes it was a mistake to get rid of him and, yes, it has cost United massively but every silver lining!! It's all hypothetical but the funds are there and for a fan, Pogba is arriving at United at a great period of his career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

RE: Fellaini discussion from earlier. I just can't see him ending up at Sunderland. He's not top 4 standard but he's a hell of a lot better than Sunderland. It's just a case of people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 84 because Moyes has signed him a couple of times. His wages are probably almost double Sunderland's top earner too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I was thinking about Talisca siging for Wolves and wondered the hell is Nico Gaitan still playing for Benfica, you'd think a club from Spain,Italy,Germany or England would have taken a chance on him by now he's looked a classy player anytime I've seen him over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I was thinking about Talisca siging for Wolves and wondered the hell is Nico Gaitan still playing for Benfica, you'd think a club from Spain,Italy,Germany or England would have taken a chance on him by now he's looked a classy player anytime I've seen him over the years.

He signed for Atletico a few weeks ago.

Paully D wrote: »
    RE: Fellaini discussion from earlier. I just can't see him ending up at Sunderland. He's not top 4 standard but he's a hell of a lot better than Sunderland. It's just a case of people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 84 because Moyes has signed him a couple of times. His wages are probably almost double Sunderland's top earner too.

Well Adam Johnson was on £65,000 a week and Fellaini, £80,000 at Utd. So they have a few quid freed up!

Wouldn't surprise me if Fellaini went the other way to Juve. He is an international starter for one of the top nations in Europe t the moment. Doubt he would drop down to Sunderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well Wolves just sacked Kenny Jacket.

Big goings on at the club today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Well Adam Johnson was on £65,000 a week and Fellaini, £80,000 at Utd. So they have a few quid freed up!

Wouldn't surprise me if Fellaini went the other way to Juve. He is an international starter for one of the top nations in Europe t the moment. Doubt he would drop down to Sunderland

Fellaini made many outlets worst team of Euro 2016 and was rightly dropped pretty quick. He may not be going to Sunderland but he certainly won't be in Juventus's team.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Fellaini made many outlets worst team of Euro 2016 and was rightly dropped pretty quick. He may not be going to Sunderland but he certainly won't be in Juventus's team.

He would make Juventus' squad, not first team of course. I doubt he would go though as his game time would be limited but he will probably move abroad I would anticipate.

I still expect him to stay for another season though, if just for midfield cover. On personal level he should move on though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Walter Zenga is the new head coach of Wolves. They also have new Chinese owners.

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/news-walter-zenga-appointed-as-wolves-new-head-coach-3215301.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

https://twitter.com/Atleti/status/759320774612250624?s=09

Clearly paves the way for Griezmann to United :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

Great move by Sevilla sell Gamerio for 30 mill and replace him with Ben Yedder for half the price

"The Lord' has returned home, signing for FC Copenhagen. All Hail Lord Bendtner

cb6b79364616372e46e0f0a4f3b1c2f1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

van der Vaart could be the next big name signing in Denmark. He and his agent were at Midtjylland's game today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

https://twitter.com/Atleti/status/759320774612250624?s=09

Clearly paves the way for Griezmann to United :pac:

It definitely means Costa won't be going back to Athletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If I was Juventus I would have bought Costa instead of Higuain. Younger & could have cost half the price or about 30m less.

Koeman is after Fonte to replace Stones who will inevitably end up at City. £9m bid gone in it appears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Koeman is after Fonte to replace Stones who will inevitably end up at City. £9m bid gone in it appears.

Those aren't players I'd consider to be like for like. Perhaps Koeman isn't that fussed about losing Stones for that fee after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

£9m for Fonte seems very low in this day and age (i.e. Troy Deeney = 30m)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He is 32.

he is 33 in a few months. Considering they are getting big money for Stones its just about a justifiable price. (especially from a club who are as thrifty as they go)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Chat of an €80m bid for Lukaku from Chelsea.

It's he summer of buying back talent for crazy sums :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Chat of an €80m bid for Lukaku from Chelsea.

It's he summer of buying back talent for crazy sums :P

I can't wait for Sunderland's £20m bid for Danny Graham.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

The one that got away :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

think he actually scored a couple of goals last season , his career /confidence has flopped Kevin Doyle style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

he is 33 in a few months. Considering they are getting big money for Stones its just about a justifiable price. (especially from a club who are as thrifty as they go)

That makes sense guys - didn't realise he was so old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

• Advertisement

And they let Sane go to City. Merry go round club!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Menez joins Bordeaux from Milan
    Kuba Blazczykowski to Wolfsburg from Dortmund

ERG89 wrote: »
    Menez joins Bordeaux from Milan
    Kuba Blazczykowski to Wolfsburg from Dortmund

I like him. I thought someone like Spurs might put in a bid but he was always going to stay in Germany I guess.

who needs Steve Walsh
    https://twitter.com/FourFourTweet/status/760147449835118592

brillant signing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

MD1990 wrote: »

Mahrez replacement perhaps?

Mahrez replacement perhaps?
    Don't think so. Played LM for Poland but he is really a CM/AM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/JimWhite/status/760221251021471744

Chelsea continue to pursue Lukaku but Oscar looks to be heading out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ashley Williams looks Everton bound for £10 million.

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/760231896454488064

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

zerks wrote: »
    Ashley Williams looks Everton bound for £10 million.

Fantastic signing for them. Probably stones' replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

40 million plus Williams - perfect , Stones has youth , but was very poor last year - Williams gives 100 % - very happy if this plays out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36945414

Southampton sign Alex McCarthy (GK from Crystal Palace) and Jeremy Pied (RB from Nice).

I look forward to next summer's £30 million bids from Liverpool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement