Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Manchester City complete deal for Leroy Sane.

Wes Hoolahan signs news 2 year contract at Norwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Gylfi Sigurdsson signs a new 4 year deal at Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/archiert1/status/760403452790968320

€400 million paid to Bundesliga clubs from EPL clubs in last 2 Summer windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Argentina have their new manager, Edgardo Bauza.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36951104

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Are Real Madrid broke? They are offering swapsies for Sissoko!
    Guardian sport

@guardian_sport

Real Madrid to offer Newcastle loan players to seal Moussa Sissoko deal https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/02/real-madrid-newcastle-moussa-sissoko-diame-clark?CMP=share_btn_tw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

good player. Stood up to the plate at Euros when h got the chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

They'll be broke after spending a load on Pogba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

They are busy gathering all their spare pennies to gazump United for Pogba.

Its preposterous that the alleged richest soccer club in the world are offering swaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

They are busy gathering all their spare pennies to gazump United for Pogba.

Its preposterous that the alleged richest soccer club in the world are offering swaps.

It's preposterous that there after Sissoko is the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Madrid have a looming transfer ban, so I assumed, after buying back Morata and FFP being a load of tosh, theyed blow millions this summer.

Surprisingly not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Swansea reject the £10m bid for Williams from Everton, as per the BBC.

Sky Germany saying Draxler wants a move from Wolfsburg.

And Fazio looks done to Roma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Maybe they'll give us ronaldo on loan, he's starting to get on!

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Maybe they'll give us ronaldo on loan, he's starting to get on!

Dundalk could be in for him now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

[font=Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif]Aston Villa have 12m bid for Ross McCormack accepted[/font]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ciaran Clark has signed for Newcastle. Good move for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Gabriel Jesus confirmed for City. He'll arrive in January, hope it's snowing :D

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36964045

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Damn, I think that's a great bit of business for Man City.

Also good for Palmeiras that they keep him until the Brasileiro finishes as they lost the last two games and were knocked off top spot without him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Salah to Roma permanently for £12m is a bargain too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Inter have finally signed Candreva from Lazio, decent signing in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gabriel Jesus is a massive signing for City.

How can Salah go at the price when you have Ibe, Redmond and Townsend costing more? Isaac Success cost just a million less than Salah!

It's a fantastic deal for Roma.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

eagle eye wrote: »

How can Salah go at the price when you have Ibe, Redmond and Townsend costing more? Isaac Success cost just a million less than Salah!

Afaik, the 12m was agreed at the start of the loan as a future buy price. Without it, I'd say he'd have cost significantly more, but thats the risk with those sorts of deals :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

eagle eye wrote: »

Because Salah wouldnt be interested. Its a choice between a club he's settled into like Roma or moving to the likes of Bournemouth! The fact that a club can pay Chelsea a better transfer fee wont sway a player in Salah's situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Roberto Martinez new Belgium coach????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Roberto Martinez new Belgium coach????

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/760930771720867841

Anything possible there in that non-country.
    You and I could have applied for the job as the Belgian FA werent looking, they were waiting who was going to apply for the job.

inforfun wrote: »
    Anything possible there in that non-country.
    You and I could have applied for the job as the Belgian FA werent looking, they were waiting who was going to apply for the job.

what's the issue with Belgium?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

what's the issue with Belgium?!

From that response I'd guess that Inforfun is Dutch. the Dutch tend to look down on the Belgiums.

From that response I'd guess that Inforfun is Dutch. the Dutch tend to look down on the Belgiums.

ah, so I see.The Lowlands rivalry...... never fails to bring a great laugh around here! I should have known!

Looking too much into that Lowland rivalry.
    It always has been the Belgians having an issue with The Dutch than the other way around.
    Dutch cheer on Belgium on an EC/WC when they arent there themselves but Belgians hope Holland will be out of it as fast as possible (generally speaking)

The Belgian FA is just a bunch of clowns, on par with the Irish FA.
    That their is now a generation of a bunch of talented players ( not team though) is not thanks to their FA.

if you have an afternoon spare, look up their league set up.... and how often that has changed over the years.

And a non-country....Well, french speaking and dutch speaking Belgians never trusted each other, dont trust each other now and never will trust each other.

• Advertisement

Looking too much into that Lowland rivalry.
    It always has been the Belgians having an issue with The Dutch than the other way around.
    Dutch cheer on Belgium on an EC/WC when they arent there themselves but Belgians hope Holland will be out of it as fast as possible (generally speaking)

The Belgian FA is just a bunch of clowns, on par with the Irish FA.
    That their is now a generation of a bunch of talented players ( not team though) is not thanks to their FA.

if you have an afternoon spare, look up their league set up.... and how often that has changed over the years.

And a non-country....Well, french speaking and dutch speaking Belgians never trusted each other, dont trust each other now and never will trust each other.

I am well aware that their fortune generation as a lot to do with sheer luck and immigration but to not acknowledge the efforts put into youth development, mainly at the hand of Sablon, in the mid 200os is fairly ignorant (I mean ignoring the facts, not a personal insult!).

He used to focus on 4-3-3 systems in schools and fluid on the floor football, putting in coaching systems to develop same.

Putting cultural and political issues (or whatever influences the division of these countries and inner conflict therein) you can't deny they have made some strides and the Belgian FA's role in this!

Or else you could and no doubt will! ha!:D

Yeah, comparing them to the Irish FA was harsh, I admit that. They did some good for youth football

But just look into the conclusion of last years 2nd division (Eupen, Antwerp, White Star) and see just 1 example of the KBVB at work.

Yeah, comparing them to the Irish FA was harsh, I admit that. They did some good for youth football

But just look into the conclusion of last years 2nd division (Eupen, Antwerp, White Star) and see just 1 example of the KBVB at work.
    How'd that happen?

Swansea City complete the signing of Fernando Llorente on a two-year deal

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/swansea-city-complete-signing-fernando-llorente-two-year-deal-1574286

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Just tried to read up on the Belgian Leagues. Jesus Christ what a head ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Swansea City complete the signing of Fernando Llorente on a two-year deal

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/swansea-city-complete-signing-fernando-llorente-two-year-deal-1574286

Wasn't he touted for a big money move a couple of years ago or am I confusing him with someone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Wasn't he touted for a big money move a couple of years ago or am I confusing him with someone else?

He was targeted by a few clubs after a couple of good seasons with Bilbao. The club dug their heels in and refused to sell, he barely played for his last season there and ran his contract down and left for free.

Joined Juvé and had a good first season but was replaced by Mandzukic and had two (I think) bit-part seasons. Ended up back in Spain at Sevilla last season and didn't do a huge amount - 4 goals or something.

He's big, strong and can be a nuisance in the box. In the right conditions he could well score 15 goals for Swansea, but he may well find himself isolated or marked out of it in some games too.

It's hard to tell if he's just made the wrong moves or wasn't a great talent in the first place but it's not exactly gone swimmingly in his last few years.

How'd that happen?

Very long story but the club that won the championship in the 2nd division is now 2nd level amateurs (White Star)
    Club is playing in Molenbeek. Yep, that Molenbeek.

Had a very good article about the finish of the season there but it was in Dutch.
    IIrc i dumped it in the football betting thread at 1 point.

Edit:

Found it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Joined Juvé and had a good first season but was replaced by Mandzukic and had two (I think) bit-part seasons. Ended up back in Spain at Sevilla last season and didn't do a huge amount - 4 goals or something.

Pretty poor season with - 4 goals :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Pretty poor season with - 4 goals :pac:

Richard Dunne would be proud of that return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

He was targeted by a few clubs after a couple of good seasons with Bilbao. The club dug their heels in and refused to sell, he barely played for his last season there and ran his contract down and left for free.

He's big, strong and can be a nuisance in the box. In the right conditions he could well score 15 goals for Swansea, but he may well find himself isolated or marked out of it in some games too.

It's hard to tell if he's just made the wrong moves or wasn't a great talent in the first place but it's not exactly gone swimmingly in his last few years.

I hope it goes well for him - he's one of those guys who just looks like he was born to play in the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Not a player but according to Gazzetta dello Sport; AC Milan have been sold for €700m, fairly overpriced for all the work needed to be done there.

Papy Djilobodji has today signed for Sunderland in a permanent transfer.

Sold for about 8m.

His 1 minute cameo in the League Cup for Chelsea, he will never be forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Papy Djilobodji has today signed for Sunderland in a permanent transfer.

Sold for about 8m.

His 1 minute cameo in the League Cup for Chelsea, he will never be forgotten.

Any thoughts on him Gav? I know he never played but any insight from the Chelsea end of things? Sunderland have been after him for quite a while and thought they had him last summer until Chelsea stepped in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Few bits from last night and this morning

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/761644403245088768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    BBC Sport ✔@BBCSport
    Scott Sinclair looks set to move to Celtic.

He's having a medical on Saturday http://bbc.in/2aGmSPc

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/761631699092533248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    Swansea City AFC ✔@SwansOfficial
    ✍️ We are delighted to announce the signing of @llorentefer19. #WelcomeFernando

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/761834438284210177?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    Manchester City ✔@ManCity
    We are delighted to announce the signing of Marlos Moreno.

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/761836267730591748?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    Kaveh Solhekol ✔@SkyKaveh
    Man City sending Marlos Moreno on season long loan to Deportivo la Coruna straight after signing him for £4.75m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/762043304171171840
    Swansea City are set to break their transfer record.

Atletico's Borja Baston is on his way

Possibly the signing of the season, Gary Neville returns to Sky...

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/762190551667974145

Sort-of football related:)

With the Club's permission, Thomas Vermaelen has travelled to Rome to undergo a medical with AS Roma

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/762231886206865408

Paully D wrote: »
    Any thoughts on him Gav? I know he never played but any insight from the Chelsea end of things? Sunderland have been after him for quite a while and thought they had him last summer until Chelsea stepped in.

I reckon he'll do well.

He was very impressive for Bremen when he helped them avoid relegation when he joined in January.

I think the fact he was a board signing and not a Jose one last summer was always going to go against him. He played in the two pre-season games in Austria for us and he looked decent.

I reckon under Moyes and consistent game time he'll up his game again and prove to be a good signing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

With the Club's permission, Thomas Vermaelen has travelled to Rome to undergo a medical with AS Roma

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/762231886206865408

I still don't understand how Arsenal managed to get £15m for him two years ago when he was in the last year of his contract.

He wasn't even that good and everyone knew he was a crock.

Advertisement