Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

SSN saying Andre Ayew is moving from Swansea to West Ham for £20M. Still getting used to these hyper inflated fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

TheTownie wrote: »
    SSN saying Andre Ayew is moving from Swansea to West Ham for £20M. Still getting used to these hyper inflated fees.

Just observing you have Phil Jones in your sig, how much was he again!?! That was 5 years ago, you should be well used to it by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

astradave wrote: »
    There were reports made after it was know that Pogba was going to United that they would turn their attention to Hazard.

Scatter gun transfer approach at its finest.

Cant get the CM you want, buy a winger.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Just observing you have Phil Jones in your sig, how much was he again!?! That was 5 years ago, you should be well used to it by now.

Phil Jones, English, 19, 35 PL apps.

PL experience + huge potential + interest from other 'Big' clubs + English Tax + Man Utd Tax = £16.5M

Today the fee would be close to what Stones is valued at.

GavRedKing wrote: »

Where would Hazzaard fit in at real? Unless Benzema gets moved to the bench and Ronnie moves up top I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

GavRedKing wrote: »

The fans won't be happy to miss out on Pogba and Perez will need a shiny new toy to win them over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Oat23 wrote: »
    What I would like to know is why he is still allowed to post here after mods were handed concrete proof he is here on a wind up. He just has to post once or twice and the next 2-3 pages of the thread are a sh*tshow because of him.

Why is this guy mod protected?

Because I'd hate nothing more to see you as one of the better posters here getting banned, I'd consider editing that if I was you.

While I got confirmation from a mod previously that this isn't something that has to be kept secret, I doubt that stretches as far as openly questioning the moderation of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Is Pogba the best midfielder in the premier league now?

Yes

Yes

I would think so too while also being of the opinion that he's obviously not worth that amount of money either. It's him or Kante anyway. Kante performed better last season but Pogba seems to have a higher ceiling of potential that probably isn't there for Kante.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Yes

Probably more accurate to say he's the best midfielder in the Premier League that played in Serie A last year. Nobody knows how he will perform in the Premier League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

What I would like to know is why he is still allowed to post here after mods were handed concrete proof he is here on a wind up. He just has to post once or twice and the next 2-3 pages of the thread are a sh*tshow because of him.

Why is this guy mod protected?

Hallelujah!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Given PSG have signed Jese and look to be sgining James, you have to wonder, with a transfer ban hanging over their heads, who are Real going to bolster their squad with?
    Only spotting this post now.

I honestly think the squad they have is more than adequate to challenge for the CL once again.
    It's technically only two transfer windows anyway. I assume that players are not allowed to leave also?

Both James & Jese were squad players nothing more. James leaving is just a rumor anyway. Which leaves the squad at 22.
    It's possible some promotion from Castilla may happen as Zidane has been so close to the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Just realised I know who AIG is. The internet is too small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Eamon Dunphy?

The MO described by Oat fits.

Only just realised. Greatest thing about that is that no poster would needto go get that removed unless it was their privacy being invaded and thus confirming that poster was an admitted troll. No rules against posting content from Twitter.

Back on topic, looks like Andre Ayew is off to West Ham. Really hope it doesn't lead to Jordan following him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

CSF wrote: »
    Only just realised. Greatest thing about that is that no poster would needto go get that removed unless it was their privacy being invaded and thus confirming that poster was an admitted troll. No rules against posting content from Twitter.

Back on topic, looks like Andre Ayew is off to West Ham. Really hope it doesn't lead to Jordan following him.

Get what removed? Am I too late?

I mean, I know him outside of the internet guys, PMs can stop :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Only spotting this post now.

I honestly think the squad they have is more than adequate to challenge for the CL once again.
    It's technically only two transfer windows anyway. I assume that players are not allowed to leave also?

Both James & Jese were squad players nothing more. James leaving is just a rumor anyway. Which leaves the squad at 22.
    It's possible some promotion from Castilla may happen as Zidane has been so close to the squad.

Its a registration ban, so they can sell players if they want, heck they can buy players ala barca and Arda Turan, just can't register them with the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Yes

Premier league midfielders are mostly ****e to be fair.

• Advertisement

• astradave wrote: »
    Its a registration ban, so they can sell players if they want, heck they can buy players ala barca and Arda Turan, just can't register them with the league

Thanks for clearing that up. So in that case it would be near impossible to buy anyone with quality willing to sit on the bench.
    But still I stand by the point that the squad as it stands combined with the youth system is more than adequate to challenge.
    Zidane shouldn't be punished if the season doesn't go so well but we all know what Perez is like. Funny because it's him holding the cash / pulling the strings anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Gbear wrote: »
    Premier league midfielders are mostly ****e to be fair.

So that would be a yes then

Im delighted United are bringing players and a manager who target winning the league.

When LVG said "United fans expectations were too high" it made us sound like the average PL club.

If you are one of the top recognized clubs in the world and your manager tells the fans they should lower their expectations then the Management has massive issues and are disconnected from the fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ayew to WHU confirmed for 20m quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Ayew to WHU confirmed for 20m quid.

Nice profit.

I mean, I know him outside of the internet guys, PMs can stop :p

I actually do too!

Well, not so much know him personally but it all certainly makes sense now :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I actually do too!

Well, not so much know him personally but it all certainly makes sense now :D

Our mutual aquaintences are stacking up String :pac:

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    Nice profit.

and 11th highest scorer last season with 12 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Swansea could be in trouble this season.

It's far from certain that Williams will still be there come the end of the window and they've just lost Ayew. They haven't done any business that would blow me away either. Llorente was worth a punt IMO but he has been poor for two seasons now and he's not getting any younger. It's a complete coin toss as to how that one will work out but to be fair it could be enough to keep them up.

Their manager situation is a bit of a strange one too and I really doubt how much influence he actually had/has. Every second week it seemed that Alan Curtis was taking the reigns.

I don't know, it all feels a bit strange there at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Appreciate the concern, but the moderation SHOULD be questioned. They allow a poster who has admitted to being a troll to continue to post in this forum and repeatedly drag threads off-topic (I realise I am doing that now!) without banning him. They have the proof of him literally saying he's a troll and bragging about it but he is still allowed to continue.

It's shoddy moderation. If they choose to ban me for pointing that out, then fine. I wouldn't want to post here if the place is ran by a team with that attitude.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I have made my point and I don't agree with this opinion.

So fergie letting go of a potential ballon d'or player was the correct decision? It was clearly a mistake to let him leave. A £110m mistake at that.

jive wrote: »
    So fergie letting go of a potential ballon d'or player was the correct decision? It was clearly a mistake to let him leave. A £110m mistake at that.

He was a a potential ballon d'or player at 19?

• Advertisement

£110m?

Na, your way off mate. It was £185b but never let facts spoil a good story obviously.

The situation surrounding Pogba leaving United is far more complicated then Fergie simply "letting him go" but you are hardly genuinely interested in educating yourself about it.

The bonus is that even if Fergie got this one 100% wrong, and he was entirely, 100% to blame for Pogba leaving the club it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Nobody is infallible and since the GOAT got so much more right then wrong you would simply have to allow him that error.

What did it cost his team on the pitch? Nothing, still won the league.

Bringing Pogba back to the club? Luckily we are in a position where the £89m or so it took to bring him back is a drop in the ocean. Also, as a fan who didn't have any financial stake in the deal, or any deal for that matter, I couldn't give a flying **** how much any player costs when it comes down to it.

Football is ridiculous with transfer fees, and till it eats itself it is not going to get any better in that regard

No it wasn't

There's no telling how Pogba would have developed if he had stayed, no telling how vital playing in the Italian league with Pirlo and Vidal was to his development.

We farmed him out and paid 89 million to get him back as a world class player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Appreciate the concern, but the moderation SHOULD be questioned. They allow a poster who has admitted to being a troll to continue to post in this forum and repeatedly drag threads off-topic (I realise I am doing that now!) without banning him. They have the proof of him literally saying he's a troll and bragging about it but he is still allowed to continue.

It's shoddy moderation. If they choose to ban me for pointing that out, then fine. I wouldn't want to post here if the place is ran by a team with that attitude.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

My reaction to this comment and your previous one will not be taken in public view and as such I will not be responding any further to them.

To the 2 people who know me personally I say to you hello, I am a personable chap who does not hide away to the point where I even organised some games of Boards 5 a side, my identity is not a secret, I am not Batman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Everton bidding £18m for Lamine Kone per tomorrow's papers. It'd be an absolute disaster but typical of the club if Sunderland were to sell him (and they will). Only they could ****ing end up starting this season with a team that is actually worse than last year. And to think I was actually feeling positive about this coming season only a couple of months ago. :pac:

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    He was a a potential ballon d'or player at 19?

Yeh, potentially a ballon d'or winner...still is, at 23. Potentially being the key word. I don't think he'll ever win one but he has the potential to.

£110m?

Na, your way off mate. It was £185b but never let facts spoil a good story obviously.

The situation surrounding Pogba leaving United is far more complicated then Fergie simply "letting him go" but you are hardly genuinely interested in educating yourself about it.

The bonus is that even if Fergie got this one 100% wrong, and he was entirely, 100% to blame for Pogba leaving the club it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Nobody is infallible and since the GOAT got so much more right then wrong you would simply have to allow him that error.

What did it cost his team on the pitch? Nothing, still won the league.

Bringing Pogba back to the club? Luckily we are in a position where the £89m or so it took to bring him back is a drop in the ocean. Also, as a fan who didn't have any financial stake in the deal, or any deal for that matter, I couldn't give a flying **** how much any player costs when it comes down to it.

Football is ridiculous with transfer fees, and till it eats itself it is not going to get any better in that regard

Yeh it's not like the money comes from the fans. It's just the corporate machine printing off the cash needed. That's how the economy works...?

It's more complicated but still a mistake. If you have a player of that calibre you accommodate him. At the end of the day fergie didn't like the agent and it skewed his judgement.

No it wasn't

There's no telling how Pogba would have developed if he had stayed, no telling how vital playing in the Italian league with Pirlo and Vidal was to his development.

True that. Someone should come up with some kind of system where you can like borrow a player for a while or something like that. You might be on to something there.

Paully D wrote: »
    Everton bidding £18m for Lamine Kone per tomorrow's papers. It'd be an absolute disaster but typical of the club if Sunderland were to sell him (and they will). Only they could ****ing end up starting this season with a team that is actually worse than last year. And to think I was actually feeling positive about this coming season only a couple of months ago. :pac:

Ah stop, fantasy football final draft no longer final if that happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

My reaction to this comment and your previous one will not be taken in public view and as such I will not be responding any further to them.

To the 2 people who know me personally I say to you hello, I am a personable chap who does not hide away to the point where I even organised some games of Boards 5 a side, my identity is not a secret, I am not Batman.
    Only Tiki Taka allowed though wasn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

MD1990 wrote: »
    Only Tiki Taka allowed though wasn't it.

There was sufficient tutting at anything resembling a long ball.

• Advertisement

True that. Someone should come up with some kind of system where you can like borrow a player for a while or something like that. You might be on to something there.

He wanted more game time at United, it's the reason he left? I doubt asking him to sign a contract and go out on loan would have worked...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Paully D wrote: »

Big loss for you guys if it happens.
    Could Moyes tap up Man United for a few defenders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

53 pages ,how many of pogba pages ,20+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Well its over now, deal announced, 5 years with club option for a 6th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Well its over now, deal announced, 5 years with club option for a 6th

Deal might be done,alot of discussion to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

pogba first interview on MUTV now if anyone interested

ElTel wrote: »
    Big loss for you guys if it happens.
    Could Moyes tap up Man United for a few defenders?

Come out of it we barely have enough defenders for ourselves :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

There was sufficient tutting at anything resembling a long ball.

Was there sufficient vertical offers being made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

No it wasn't

Bizarre. He made an instant impact at Juventus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

No it wasn't

Are you saying it wasn't a mistake to let him go?

Forgetting about money, irrespective of Juve being better for his development, Pogba was always going to be a quality player.

United punted him not when they needed that sort of player the most. His time at Juve coincided probably with worst midfield United have had since the 80's.

They have him back now, buts he's player that could really have done with over the last few years

Advertisement