Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

inforfun wrote:
    ....as his girlfriend plays professional handball for a Danish club.

Pics of GTFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Pics of GTFO

Dont know how he does it but he usually does well in the gf department.

Estevana Polman. Currently at the Olympics for Holland

Oat23 wrote: »
    Betis are paying a % of his salary to get him off the books and the rest of his salary is being paid for by the club's sponsors apparently.

It's not a bad deal for Midtjylland. Although I'm not convinced he has enough left even for Danish football to be honest. The only way I can see it going bad is if their coach doesn't have the balls to drop him if he is not playing well.

Didnt he sign a 4 year deal there last year? Ridiculous to offer him 4 year. He already had weight/fitness "challenges" when still at Ajax.

Still always preferred him over Sneijder in the Dutch team for the simple reason he connected so much better with Van Persie. Always had the idea Sneijder only got Van Persie involved if no other option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

inforfun wrote:

inforfun wrote:
    . Currently at the Olympics for Holland

Tidy effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

inforfun wrote: »

Because he's got a smashing personality and quite charming.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Swansea City AFC ‏@SwansOfficial 9m
    ✍️ We can confirm captain Ashley Williams has joined @Everton for an undisclosed fee. ➡️http://socsi.in/NULkz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Sylvie & the new girl..hell yes. He was slumming it with Boulahrouz' missus in between though. :pac:
    Didnt he sign a 4 year deal there last year? Ridiculous to offer him 4 year. He already had weight/fitness "challenges" when still at Ajax.

Still always preferred him over Sneijder in the Dutch team for the simple reason he connected so much better with Van Persie. Always had the idea Sneijder only got Van Persie involved if no other option.

3 years at Betis on huge money - €3m his first year and he got an automatic pay increase this summer. A terrible error on their part as it has been clear for a while he can't cut it in a top league anymore.

Returning to Hamburg was a big mistake. Everything went downhill after he split from his wife and got even worse when he got with Sabia (his wife's best friend and ex-teammates ex-wife FFS). The last 18 months in Hamburg he was in the papers for his private life more than his football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Oat23 wrote: »
    Sylvie & the new girl..hell yes. He was slumming it with Boulahrouz' missus in between though. :pac:

3 years at Betis on huge money - €3m his first year and he got an automatic pay increase this summer. A terrible error on their part as it has been clear for a while he can't cut it in a top league anymore.

Returning to Hamburg was a big mistake. Everything went downhill after he split from his wife and got even worse when he got with Sabia (his wife's best friend and ex-teammates ex-wife FFS). The last 18 months in Hamburg he was in the papers for his private life more than his football.
    Sounds like a Dutch JT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Well lads any transfers?

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    Sounds like a Dutch JT.

That Sabia is something. And not something good.
    Too much showbizz to get into that more but she would be more a JT than Van der Vaart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Jaysus, she has clothes on in all those photos.

Weirdo.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Pay €100 million for one player and rob another from Feyenoord.
    Lovely.

Lovely.

Was he any more robbed than the one we just paid 100m was from us?

And do you believe that 16/17 year old players should be tied down to long contracts?

Jayop wrote: »

tahith chong is meant to be a tidy little player, few clubs meant to be looking at him and I think he was over for trails while Van Gaal while in charge.

• Advertisement

And do you believe that 16/17 year old players should be tied down to long contracts?

To be fair United robbed Pogba the first time as well.

tahith chong is meant to be a tidy little player, few clubs meant to be looking at him and I think he was over for trails while Van Gaal while in charge.

Ya, he announced himself on his Instagram a few months ago that he had signed for United. We were just waiting for the confirmation from the club.

Who knows what he'll be like, most of these kids come with a big reputation from underage but it's anyone's guess whether the'll make it.

I remember United having had the opportunity to sign a very young Kompany but we choose not to and then a while later he turned up at City and ended up as the best CB in the league for a few seasons. I suppose the more of them you take the chance on the better the chance you have of not missing a gem.

To be fair United robbed Pogba the first time as well.

Oh no doubt. A house for his ma was the rumoured deal.

The funny thing was that the boss at La Harve was moaning about us robbing him and then the youth club he robbed him from himself then came out and said they did it too.

Young players have no real contracts and are rightly entitled to go wherever they feel they have the best opportunity. Sometimes it goes against you big time like it did with us and Pogba (we had him on the max pro contract for his age and he ran it down) and sometimes it goes for you like it did for Juve.

The issue is that rules prevented Feyenoord to tie him to any contract.
    And if he had signed a contract it wouldnt be a long contract either, also because of rules (2 year max)

And if anything, the one you paid €100 million for, is the perfect example why he shouldnt have left Holland for England.
    They arent given chances. They are just there for the home grown rule

The issue is that rules prevented Feyenoord to tie him to any contract.
    And if he had signed a contract it wouldnt be a long contract either, also because of rules (2 year max)

And if anything, the one you paid €100 million for, is the perfect example why he shouldnt have left Holland for England.
    They arent given chances. They are just there for the home grown rule

You're really trying to argue that United don't give young players chances? Pogba wasn't happy with the number of chances he was getting as a lad who had literally just turned 18. He had made 7 appearances that season and he was 17 for most of them. He was on the verge of getting absolutely any amount of chances but he wanted to be guaranteed games and no-one at United was given that. His head was turned and that's that.

Bear in mind that this was a season that we lost the league on goal difference so throwing in kids late in the year was tough to do. There's that one league cup game he should have played but sure we all make mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lovely.

WOW :pac:

Oh no doubt. A house for his ma was the rumoured deal.

The funny thing was that the boss at La Harve was moaning about us robbing him and then the youth club he robbed him from himself then came out and said they did it too.

Young players have no real contracts and are rightly entitled to go wherever they feel they have the best opportunity. Sometimes it goes against you big time like it did with us and Pogba (we had him on the max pro contract for his age and he ran it down) and sometimes it goes for you like it did for Juve.

I remember that alright and think I saw somewhere that another house was meant to be exchanged in this move for his ma, if true then he's another Mickey from Snatch haha. Also was it Kiko Macheda's father that was given a job as a gardener to persuade his son to sign or was it some other Italian youngster, Davide something(can't think of his last name).

Only problem with youngsters not having real contracts is some countries like Italy have to wait until the youngster is 17/18 where as England can sign them at 16. Think most countries should be like Brazil where you have to be 18 before you can sign abroad especially here in Ireland where youngfellas are shipped across the water and a young age and then come home at 19/20 after they didn't make it.

• McNAir & Love sign for Sunderland from Man Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Marcelino has left Villarreal, rumours are that Pellegrini will be taking over from him.

I thought Marcelino did a very good job there, the best coach they'd had since Pellegrini himself.

Marcelino could be a very good coach for any number of sides. I liked the way he set up Villarreal, really got them working well.

I know it's a while ago now but Julen Lopetegui has been named as the new Spain coach. Underwhelming is all I can say about it. He's worked with a lot of the squad at underage level and had lots of success but his time at Porto didn't go well. I think there were better alternatives available at the time, Emery being the obvious one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I remember that alright and think I saw somewhere that another house was meant to be exchanged in this move for his ma, if true then he's another Mickey from Snatch haha. Also was it Kiko Macheda's father that was given a job as a gardener to persuade his son to sign or was it some other Italian youngster, Davide something(can't think of his last name).

Petrucci

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

inforfun wrote:

She's no Sylvie☺☺☺

Ajax took Bertrand Traore on loan from Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Thought he'd get a few games this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/763699234369572864
    Swans complete club-record signing of Borja Baston from @Atleti for £15.5m #HolaBorja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mata and Januzaj will look to leave United according to the Times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Good move for him, with Batshuayi coming in he was going to be down to maybe 3rd choice CF, so it was either him or Remy out.

He should do well for Ajax too, cant see him matching Miliks 21 goals but he should be getting within a few of it if he gets game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Good move for him, with Batshuayi coming in he was going to be down to maybe 3rd choice CF, so it was either him or Remy out.

He should do well for Ajax too, cant see him matching Miliks 21 goals but he should be getting within a few of it if he gets game time.

Has the same manager as he did at Vitesse and he did great for him there so hopefully he'll start a lot of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

WBA have thrown their hat into the ring with Palace for Benteke: SSN.

James Chester from WBA to Villa,bid accepted.

GavRedKing wrote: »

Traore had 20 in 51 matches for Vitesse.
    But Vitesse had the current Ajax coach then and were about the most scoring team in Holland.
    And conceding....

Ajax fans arent too impressed/happy that the Milik money (and other money from past transfers) isnt really invested in the team.
    They seem to forget that they might have 100+ million in the bank and could easily splash out on transfer fees, it would also mean going through the ceiling of your salary cap.
    You would get MLS situations where 1 or 2 players eat 90% of the salary budget. Might be accepted there, would never work in The Netherlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Johner wrote: »
    Mata and Januzaj will look to leave United according to the Times.

Mata has a place, sadly Januzaj won't be Jose type player. Best to push on with his carreer and get some game time. Undoubtedly talented, but stinking up the bench or not even making matchday squad is pointless. Sure he will prove United wrong and be back for £50 million by 2019!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I would say Januzaj will be a loan deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

racso1975 wrote: »
    I would say Januzaj will be a loan deal.

I'd say it will be like Welbeck, United will want him to go on Loan but he wont want that and will force through a sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

astradave wrote: »
    I'd say it will be like Welbeck, United will want him to go on Loan but he wont want that and will force through a sale.

I'd actually rather just sell him at this point, I'd say the trouble is his wages. The buying team will probably want some sort of compensation for it.

Sell him cheap with a buy back clause on the off chance he does become worth a place in the squad with regular game time, nothing to suggest he will be a loss, even his performances under Moyes were overblown.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Januzaj to Sunderland on loan confirmed by the club's now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

If you were a Sunderland fan you would surely not be overly impressed with Moyes transfers so far, but I would trust him to keep the team competitive over the course of the season.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

If you were a Sunderland fan you would surely not be overly impressed with Moyes transfers so far, but I would trust him to keep the team competitive over the course of the season.

Has he signed anyone bar the three United players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Buying players from your former club, when has that strategy ever worked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Fabio moves to middlesboro, he was more highly rated of the two when bought by United but was ravaged by injuries. Don't know how he did at Cardiff as I didn't get to see them much.

https://twitter.com/Boro/status/764099395323256832

Only person I can honestly think of off the top of my mind and it's only because I've just done my FF team is Toby Alderweireld going from Southampton to Spurs with Pochettino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Mourinho- Carvalho and Paulo Ferriera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Only person I can honestly think of off the top of my mind and it's only because I've just done my FF team is Toby Alderweireld going from Southampton to Spurs with Pochettino.
    Wanyama signed now aswell. Most managers agree not sign any players from old club if they move

Depends if the manager is going to a bigger club or from a bigger club. Moyes bringing Fellaini to United was an example of expecting a player to step up to a big club that didn't really work, but these lads are costing them likely very little so the risk is small.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Looks like he didn't expect he will be Sunderland manager when the window opened. He loves to watch players many times before making move, so looks like he is going for safe options, meaning players he knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Paddy Kenny and Neil Warnock :D:D I think Warnock signed him 5 times or 6! :D

Redknapp: Defoe, Crouch and Kranjkar

Capello and Pannuci (Roma, Real and AC Milan)

Jose and Carvalho

Steve Bruce and his son

Big Sam signed Kevin Nolan a few times also.

All relatively successful, some very successful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Would you not have been happy to have signed Reus, Hummels, Lewandowski, Gotze?

Eh OK:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement