Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Has he signed anyone bar the three United players?

He signed a Chelsea legend for about 8m.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papy_Djilobodji

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Would you not have been happy to have signed Reus, Hummels, Lewandowski, Gotze?

Eh OK:confused:

thats not what he is talking about. He is talking about managers purchasing players they formerly managed at a former club.

ie. Moyes moving to United, bringing Fellaini, Jose bringing Carvalho from Porto, Pannuci and Cappello, Defoe/Crouch and 'Arry..........etc etc

Your point is hypothetical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sunderland are Utd's bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Sunderland are Utd's bitch.

In the same vein that Liverpool are Southampton's? :p

Ah but we pay proper prices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Yeah the magic bean price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Buying players from your former club, when has that strategy ever worked?

It actually worked at Sunderland for Roy Keane :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

thats not what he is talking about. He is talking about managers purchasing players they formerly managed at a former club.

ie. Moyes moving to United, bringing Fellaini, Jose bringing Carvalho from Porto, Pannuci and Cappello, Defoe/Crouch and 'Arry..........etc etc

Your point is hypothetical!

Reus, Hummels, Lewandowski and Gotze were all managed by Klopp at Borussia Dortmund. What's the difference?

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Reus, Hummels, Lewandowski and Gotze were all managed by Klopp at Borussia Dortmund. What's the difference?

because................................Klopp is at Liverpool now and none of those players are.............

The question/sarcastic post the poster put up was "Buying players from your former club, when has that strategy ever worked?"

Your response was: "Would you not have been happy to have signed Reus, Hummels, Lewandowski, Gotze?

Eh OK"

You took the post too literally and applied a hypothetical situation!!

Surely you know what I am saying. The poster is speaking/questioning about past events. of managers signing former players, you answer him with a hypothetical question, one which you know the answer to! You don't honestly think he would think that Klopp seducing the 4 players you mentioned over to Anfield is a bad idea!.........

he is obviously, from what I see, having a bit of banter about Moyes/Fellaini (from what I interpret) as we are discussing Moyes bringing in former United players or being linked to some more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Steven defour heading to Burnley for €8m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

eh i dunno wrote: »

Has been pretty sh1t in Belgium, never really accepted by the Anderlecht fans and seemed haunted by a Standard banner which showed his severed head being held by an ISIS executioner.

Still only 28 and it looked like he would end up in the Middle East this summer before Burnley came in. Massive potential when he was younger but no move ever really worked out for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Has been pretty sh1t in Belgium, never really accepted by the Anderlecht fans and seemed haunted by a Standard banner which showed his severed head being held by an ISIS executioner.

Still only 28 and it looked like he would end up in the Middle East this summer before Burnley came in. Massive potential when he was younger but no move ever really worked out for him.

Never really progressed after breaking his foot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

would this end their interest in Hendrick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well if Jason Voorhees is in ISIS we're all doomed! :pac:

6045800-1x1-700x700.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

because................................Klopp is at Liverpool now and none of those players are.............

The question/sarcastic post the poster put up was "Buying players from your former club, when has that strategy ever worked?"

Your response was: "Would you not have been happy to have signed Reus, Hummels, Lewandowski, Gotze?

Eh OK"

You took the post too literally and applied a hypothetical situation!!

Surely you know what I am saying. The poster is speaking/questioning about past events. of managers signing former players, you answer him with a hypothetical question, one which you know the answer to! You don't honestly think he would think that Klopp seducing the 4 players you mentioned over to Anfield is a bad idea!.........

he is obviously, from what I see, having a bit of banter about Moyes/Fellaini (from what I interpret) as we are discussing Moyes bringing in former United players or being linked to some more
    I don't know why youre attributing quotes to me that I didn't make. I suggest you take the time to look at who posted it before you take the time to rant

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I don't know why youre attributing quotes to me that I didn't make. I suggest you take the time to look at who posted it before you take the time to rant

it wasnt a rant! Sorry, I did assume it was you who wrote the original post and then the second reply to me! My bad.

Not the end of the world!

You get the gist of what I am saying though! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

DenMan wrote: »

I know he has been linked alot but is there anywhere more reliable than the express reporting this news?

astradave wrote: »
    I know he has been linked alot but is there anywhere more reliable than the express reporting this news?

Being honest I don't know. There's not much to go by officially for an Arsenal fan. We're feeding off scraps right now.

• Advertisement

Being honest I don't know. There's not much to go by officially for an Arsenal fan. We're feeding off scraps right now.

I don't blame you feeding off them tbh. It must be incredibly frustrating year in year out.

I don't blame you feeding off them tbh. It must be incredibly frustrating year in year out.

For sure! It's Wenger's last year and I believe Xhaka will be a huge signing for us. He'll play as a defensive sweeper against the big teams and will help protect the defense and hopefully help the club pick up points. He's a very astute signing.

For sure! It's Wenger's last year and I believe Xhaka will be a huge signing for us. He'll play as a defensive sweeper against the big teams and will help protect the defense and hopefully help the club pick up points. He's a very astute signing.

Yeah but I think the problems are higher up the pitch, really need to spend some money on an established striker. Giroud is no where near good enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

If he's all he's cracked up to be he'll be exactly what you need in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yeah but I think the problems are higher up the pitch, really need to spend some money on an established striker. Giroud is no where near good enough

He's a good striker but shouldn't be first choice at Arsenal imo. Nothing like the great arse strikers we got used to watching over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

eh i dunno wrote: »

What position does he play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Centre/attacking mid AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Centre/attacking mid AFAIK.

More of a holding midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Bournemouth sign Marc Wilson from Stoke for an estimated £2m.

Good move for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/765304043359133696
    Barcelona newspaper Sport says Chelsea willing to spend £78m to sign James Rodriguez from Real Madrid

If Pogba is worth 90m then Hammy Rodders is worth oh 30m at a push! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/pereyra-watford-deal-with-juventus-is-reached/

Pereyra joining Watford from Juventus for €15m.
    Very good signing for Watford strange move from Juventus selling him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Defour is confirmed for Burnley. David Jones it looks like is off to sheff Wednesday. I'd hope that means another midfielder will be signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

MD1990 wrote: »
    http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/pereyra-watford-deal-with-juventus-is-reached/

Pereyra joining Watford from Juventus for €15m.
    Very good signing for Watford strange move from Juventus selling him.

Why is it strange? He's done nothing at Juve after a promising debut season. He was playing poorly or out injured for most of his time there.

I see Hakan Sukur is on the move at the moment...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

glued wrote: »
    Why is it strange? He's done nothing at Juve after a promising debut season. He was playing poorly or out injured for most of his time there.
    He was superb in his debut season & with Juventus short in midfield Pereyra would be a very good player for them to have in the squad. With the money PL teams are spending 15m is too low for him. As you said injuries disrupted his season last year but I would keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I see Hakan Sukur is on the move at the moment...........

To the post office to collect his pension surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

To the post office to collect his pension surely?

To a gulag in the middle of nowhere is more like it if he ever returns to Turkey.

To a gulag in the middle of nowhere is more like it if he ever returns to Turkey.

I was surprised when I heard he was a Turkish MP. Apparently even before the coup he was up on trial for "insulting" Erdongan over twitter! He faces 4 years jail!
    Crazy country! I doubt any Irish men will be giving him a good character reference after 1999

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/GaffneyVLC/status/765900495693250561

Liverpool in talks to sign Mustafi,Wenger's penny pinching looks to be biting him in the ass again.

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/765909563329638400

Schlupp unhappy at not being allowed talk to WBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

zerks wrote: »
    Liverpool in talks to sign Mustafi,Wenger's penny pinching looks to be biting him in the ass again.

squeezeeverypenny.gif

Roma have signed Buno Peres off Torino, 1 year loan with obligation to buy for €13.5m

jfa3hifkfdz9gfcj8sbu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Pogba, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan.
    All 3 Mino Raiola.

a3d07cd61359cc33b47e9715d5b503f3.png

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/GaffneyVLC/status/765900495693250561

I'd be fairly confident that it's just Valencia trying to put pressure on Arsenal to wrap the deal up. We're absolutely fine for centre backs.

Not if Sakho is being sold....or Klavan is the new first choice left back! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Could be a swap deal going on,although I'd say it's a buck up or back off to the gunners

https://twitter.com/AdamCrafton_/status/765922005187227648
    Am told Arsenal trying to negotiate with Atletico Madrid for defender Jose Gimenez. Atleti demanding €45m. Talks go on

€45 million?? Wenger must have thought €4.5 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Gimenez is going to be brilliant, but Wenger will never pay that for a defender.

• Advertisement

Mahrez signs a new contract with Leicester. Great news for the Foxes, as important as any new signing.

Advertisement