Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

martyos121 wrote: »
    Mahrez signs a new contract with Leicester. Great news for the Foxes, as important as any new signing.

Won't someone think of Arsenals window?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That font is brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

We were never in for Mahrez, but I won't disagree with the general sentiment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

We were never in for Mahrez, but I won't disagree with the general sentiment :D

Really? Was there nothing in those rumours?

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/761237991993946112

Never was! Not sure where it came from in the first place, probably Sky and their "sources".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Jayop wrote:

These rumours usually end in new contracts nowadays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/766331158326116352
    #CPFC reach agreement with #LFC to sign Benteke. £27m + addons that could take it above £30m. Travelling to London for medical & terms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

It must be extremely frustrating to be an Arsenal supporter during this window, and only further compounded by the injuries. Especially annoying for them when you see what Arsenals rivals have been doing.

Take Utd for example. Their recruitment policy has been absolutely spot on from planning to execution this window. On top of that they've brought in a world class manger who appears to be getting the full backing from the powers that be at the club. And with the club able to generate revenue like few others in the game it really does look like a recipe for success at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Will be interesting to see if Benteke gets the same exposure Falcao did given they cost about the same

Or is it just United that get pulled up on this stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Will be interesting to see if Benteke gets the same exposure Falcao did given they cost about the same

Will it though? I doubt anyone will give a bollocks to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There's always someone who has to make everything about their own club. Benteke being sold has nothing to do with United ffs.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think there's a United thread somewhere on the website where posts like that belong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Um what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Just mad to see Palace spending like that. Unthinkable 12 months ago. If he stays fit he'll keep them up which is what it's all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I'm failing to see the comparisons. Falcao was a world class striker and I don't think United were pulled up on that. Most non-United fans appreciated there was a risk and accepted it was worth taking. It didn't work out but I don't recall a lot of negative exposure.

Benteke is a proven scorer in the premier league but by no means a world beater. The price tag is fairly modest for a striker that has a good record prior to Liverpool and I'd expect palace will get good value for their money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

martyos121 wrote: »
    There's always someone who has to make everything about their own club. Benteke being sold has nothing to do with United ffs.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think there's a United thread somewhere on the website where posts like that belong?

I'm a United fan but trust me........I wouldn't send my worse enemy to that thread!

On the issue of Benteke. Palace will be a great fit for him. Central figure and a proven scorer who fits well into a team who play a lot through the wings . We all know the price tag is verging on irrelevant in the market since the Summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm a United fan but trust me........I wouldn't send my worse enemy to that thread

Especially while the schools are still on holiday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/mattspiro/status/766578229884911616
    Everton now confident of completing deal for Lyon midfielder Rachid Ghezzal. Le Progres say €11m fee has been agreed. Exciting player

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/766560416449204224
    AS Monaco want Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

https://twitter.com/transfercentrel/status/766586077993893888

Any of you FM16 fans know if this fella is any good??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't even get the comparison here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't even get the comparison here?

You're not missing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Barca going for Cillessen in case Bravo is going to City.

Only a couple more positions to go and Danny Blind can have a full team of benchwarmers as the Dutch national team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

JPA wrote: »
    Just mad to see Palace spending like that. Unthinkable 12 months ago. If he stays fit he'll keep them up which is what it's all about.

Yes as we know only too well JPA he's a big enough player to make the difference between survival and relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

If you're palace and you have 25 million to replace boladie then bent eke is as good as it gets.

Especially cos they signed towns end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

JPA wrote: »

same as Watford - just signed Kaboul and Pereyra for a record fee - after keeping Deeny and Ighalo - I was very critical when they sacked manager last term , but owners are showing serious intent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

thebaz wrote: »
    same as Watford - just signed Kaboul and Pereyra for a record fee - after keeping Deeny and Ighalo - I was very critical when they sacked manager last term , but owners are showing serious intent

Not selling Deeney for 30m was almost negligence!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Who would they replace him with? They don't have any real selling point as a club (like Palace have being London based). The offer was mad and above his value but they'd never replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Who would they replace him with? They don't have any real selling point as a club (like Palace have being London based). The offer was mad and above his value but they'd never replace him.

??

Watford is 20 miles from Buckingham palace. They certainly have the same selling point as palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Gavlor wrote: »
    ??

Watford is 20 miles from Buckingham palace. They certainly have the same selling point as palace.

hahaha oooops... in my head i was thinking of west brom...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

What about that assist! He stays fit, they stay up.

I have nothing but respect for a small team holding on to a player so long as he's not pushing the move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

CqSthmuXEAAC6eE.jpg

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/767104241190043648
    Joe Hart's Man City career all but over after Barcelona confirm Claudio Bravo 'agreement'

https://t.co/yCd0tbG6FG
    Joe Hart not interested in Sevilla or Dortmund. Everton possible but no decision yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Joe Hart not interested in Sevilla or Dortmund. Everton possible but no decision yet

This is why the England team will never be particularly good. They just refuse to go abroad, where they could learn different tactics, coaching styles etc, but no, he'd rather go to Everton than Borussia Dortmund. Of course, he could be settled now and Everton would mean he doesn't have to move, but as a whole, it's not very ambitious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

This is why the England team will never be particularly good. They just refuse to go abroad, where they could learn different tactics, coaching styles etc, but no, he'd rather go to Everton than Borussia Dortmund. Of course, he could be settled now and Everton would mean he doesn't have to move, but as a whole, it's not very ambitious.

Very true. He will also get more money aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I know I'd pick Sevilla or Dortmund and the Champions League ahead of Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I know I'd pick Sevilla or Dortmund and the Champions League ahead of Everton.

If he's settled, then fair enough but he's not exactly in the same position as us in that a move over there would be a hell of a lot easier for him than the likes of us.

He knows though that he can go for the rest of his career picking the ball out of the net and still get in the England squad. He's not guaranteed his game at Everton by any means though, Koeman bought Stekelenburg in as he knows him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Koeman dropped Stekelenburg without hesitation last season at Southampton when Forster was fit again.
    So Hart shouldnt be afraid of "they are both Dutch so that will harm my chances"

Not sure if i should post it here or in the humor thread....

As you might know, Dick Advocaat lest his assistant role at the Dutch team earleir this week and is now being replaced by..... Ruud Gullit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Joel Campbell has joined Sporting Lisbon on a season long loan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Gavlor wrote: »
    ??

They've more of a selling point due to not having to deal with Alan Pardew on a daily basis too :D

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/767474568525180928

Valencia say Arsenal will have to meet Mustafi's buyout clause of £50 million.

Tony Pulis better expect a call about Jonny Evans so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Everyone knows the PL has TV money now and Arsenal more than most from their lack of spending over the last 15 years.

What is £200m sitting in a bank account.

Everyone knows the PL has TV money now and Arsenal more than most from their lack of spending over the last 15 years.

What is £200m sitting in a bank account.

In fairness 200 in the bank is worth 400 in the bush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Joel Campbell has joined Sporting Lisbon on a season long loan.

I think that's a good move for the player and Sporting. I wonder if that's the only deal we'll see between the clubs as it's been reported that Arsenal had scouts watching Sporting striker Islam Slimani in their game with Pacos yesterday. United and West Ham also said to have been watching too.

Pity no one made a move for Porto's 20 year old striker Andre Silva. Porto have announced they've tied him down to a contract until 2021 with a €60m release clause. This guy looks like the best Portuguese striker in a generation. He's starting for Porto now and has scored 6 goals in 5 games. He also got a 19 minute hat-trick in his debut for the U-21s last year as well. He hasn't played for the senior side yet but it shouldn't be far away at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

In fairness 200 in the bank is worth 400 in the bush

Arsenal to unveil the first Aboriginal player in the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Gotta feel for Arsenal fans with these clubs taking the mick with their prices cause they know how stuck they are, no way Evans is worth even close to that

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/767787875257741312

Yeah he's worth at least 50m if you're dealing with Arsenal. It's like everyone is trying to push poor Arsene over the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Clubs, especially premier league clubs don't need the money. So I wouldn't blame West Brom for wanting £25m for one of their starting defenders.
    I wouldn't pay that much for him though and Arsenal should be looking for a lot better than Jonny Evans!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Jonny Evans?

£25m?

Every time I think I'm used to the new inflated market, I get shocked by some outrageous fee.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
Advertisement