Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Looks like hart is off to torino. I reckon thats a shock for him as i reckon he thought a premeir league side would of came in for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Johner wrote: »
    He needs to be a lot more consistent. I can't see Derby being too upset at losing him especially for the money. Good move for Hendricks though, let's hope he steps up and stays injury free.

Have to blame a mixture of injuries and the tenure of Clements for that with his chopping and changing approach which cost them promotion. I think I read under Clement the most consecutive starts he got was 2. Illogical for a proven international not to be given a run to gather confidence and momentum. Even if he is shaky when he gets a chance, let him breath and get an air of consistency, only way to gather form. And it wasn't as if he was playing bad when he did get the chance, 80% of the time he performed at the least adequately, at the most he was great. Clement hadn't a clue.

He was the maain man on the pitch against Hull when he started the P. Off second leg and helped them almost overturn the trashing they got in the first leg. No wonder they bought him.

Mike Phelan is a great man manager and will look at the failings of Clements on Hendrick last season and given the investment, no doubt he has a big part to play in the squad and probably first team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ricero wrote: »
    Looks like hart is off to torino. I reckon thats a shock for him as i reckon he thought a premeir league side would of came in for him

Will Torino be paying all his wages or will City be contributing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Joe Hart to Torino is a bloody odd one...would have thought he'd fancy a mid table English side over a mid table Italian side.

Good on him broadening his horizons I guess though.
    greendom wrote: »
    Will Torino be paying all his wages or will City be contributing?

Dare say it'll be heavily subsidized. No way Torino could come close to paying his massive wages.

<edit> Telegraph reckon Torino will only have to pay around 35% of his wages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Have to blame a mixture of injuries and the tenure of Clements for that with his chopping and changing approach which cost them promotion. I think I read under Clement the most consecutive starts he got was 2. Illogical for a proven international not to be given a run to gather confidence and momentum. Even if he is shaky when he gets a chance, let him breath and get an air of consistency, only way to gather form. And it wasn't as if he was playing bad when he did get the chance, 80% of the time he performed at the least adequately, at the most he was great. Clement hadn't a clue.

He was the maain man on the pitch against Hull when he started the P. Off second leg and helped them almost overturn the trashing they got in the first leg. No wonder they bought him.

Mike Phelan is a great man manager and will look at the failings of Clements on Hendrick last season and given the investment, no doubt he has a big part to play in the squad and probably first team

I wouldn't say he was great most of the time, Derby fans have always remarked on his inconsistency. McLaren used to like him a lot but a lot of fans didn't always want him starting games. He wasn't particularly held in huge regard for Ireland it has to be said until very recently, he always did ok for Ireland but never anything that stood out, he could be dropped for so and so match and there wouldn't have been much made of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Could imagine that if Hart does well in Italy with Torino, he could then get snapped up by Turin neighbours Juventus as a replacement for Buffon who has to be nearing the end of his illustrious career now at this point although has a few years before he gets to Van Der Sar retirement age.

Obviously Hart is not at Buffon level but just a thought if he does do well, he isn't as bad a keeper as some make out.

Interesting move though going to Italy if it does happen.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I wonder would City only agree to subsidise his wages if he went to a non-English/CL team? Avoid helping the rivals and all that.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Lads am i reading that yellow banner on SSN right

Joe Hart to Torino?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

GLaDOS wrote: »
    I wonder would City only agree to subsidise his wages if he went to a non-English/CL team? Avoid helping the rivals and all that.

That doesn't make much sense though...it's one thing if it's a top level club abroad VS a top level club in England, but the level of Torino is probably equivilent to Southampton, or Swansea, or Palace...he could have gone to one of those level clubs, helped directly take points off Man City's competition, and given City the advantage against the loaning club when they can't use their first choice keeper.

Unless there's some other kickback, like City getting first dibs on some up and coming Torino payer, this would look to be more Hart's choice than theirs. I'm guessing he just figured if he was going on loan, it might as well be somewhere nice, and a bit different, before he undoubtedly gets an English move in 6 months or a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Arsenal supposedly going to let Wilshire go out on loan reported on SSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd imagine Joe Hart will be scratching his head tonight, wondering why he's going to Torino when he was the best keeper England had according to the papers.

In truth he's a very average keeper, and I'd be surprised if any PL club even enquired.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I'd imagine Joe Hart will be scratching his head tonight, wondering why he's going to Torino when he was the best keeper England had according to the papers.

In truth he's a very average keeper, and I'd be surprised if any PL club even enquired.

Remember when David De Gea was having a sticky start to his Utd career the media werent long comparing him and Joe Hart,they had stories about how SAF turned down the chance to sign Hart and it was a mistake by SAF

Look at them now,one fella is one of the best keepers in the game and other fella is off to Torino

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Arsenal supposedly going to let Wilshire go out on loan reported on SSN.

Arsenal cutting down on the medical bills. I doff my hat to Mr. Wenger who probably ties his laces back together if they snapped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He has made a couple of errors and going off to Italy is probably the best thing he could do right now. He was an excellent keeper up until the Euros but those mistakes have raised a lot of question marks.

I'm sure there were enquiries and it's more likely that he just wasn't interested in talking to any of the clubs that came calling.

He will get it together at Torino or his career will be over. I think he will come back stronger from this and have a good career.
    Remember when David De Gea was having a sticky start to his Utd career the media werent long comparing him and Joe Hart,they had stories about how SAF turned down the chance to sign Hart and it was a mistake by SAF

Look at them now,one fella is one of the best keepers in the game and other fella is off to Torino
    That's because De Gea looked like an amateur at times when high curling crosses came in from his left side.

He sorted it out and has become a great keeper. He was lucky that he didn't lose his place at the time over it. If a few more of his gaffs had ended up in the net we might never have heard about him again.

This looking back with hindsight is nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ah he's better than an average keeper in fairness. Very good keeper imo, would walk into most Premiership teams. He's just unlucky that most of the top teams already have quality goalkeepers now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

It's probably the case but I never really understood the logic of it. It's like City saying "Joe, we don't rate you so we're happy to let you go....but not to a PL or CL rival in case you do well for them and make us look like plums..."

eagle eye wrote: »
    He has made a couple of errors and going off to Italy is probably the best thing he could do right now. He was an excellent keeper up until the Euros but those mistakes have raised a lot of question marks.

I'm sure there were enquiries and it's more likely that he just wasn't interested in talking to any of the clubs that came calling.

He will get it together at Torino or his career will be over. I think he will come back stronger from this and have a good career.

That's because De Gea looked like an amateur at times when high curling crosses came in from his left side.

He sorted it out and has become a great keeper. He was lucky that he didn't lose his place at the time over it. If a few more of his gaffs had ended up in the net we might never have heard about him again.

This looking back with hindsight is nonsense.

Torino is basically exile to be fair, they get 16,000 people in their stadium. There's no way he turned down a PL club, and City not willing to pay his wages at another PL club doesn't make sense as he could surely take points off their rivals unless they think he could make them worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hart is a very good goalkeeper, well above average. He was brilliant on loan at Birmingham and has been very good for City. I think he used to be overrated but now it's seems many underrate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

One club I'm surprised was never even linked with Hart was West Ham

They were linked with a lot of expensive strikers earlier in the window like Lacazette, so there's probably money there. Big expensive stadium they got for next to free as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Imo(united fan) Harte needs to get out of england and all the scrutiny, italy will probably bring the best out of him as everytime he misskicked a ball in england it was everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I find it very hard to believe people don't know how to spell his name.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I find it very hard to believe people don't know how to spell his name.

Have a hart, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

One club I'm surprised was never even linked with Hart was West Ham

They were linked with a lot of expensive strikers earlier in the window like Lacazette, so there's probably money there. Big expensive stadium they got for next to free as well.

Why? West Ham have two good goalkeepers already. I think Hart would find it hard to get game time there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And the Dutch version of Redknapp/Defoe has been activated once more.

Lens from Sunderland to Fenerbahce to join Dick Advocaat there.

3rd time for sure they join each other, might even be 4th.
    Too lazy to double check if they also worked together at AZ but PSV, Sunderland and now Fener i know for sure.

And to add to the farce that is going around at the Dutch national team.... Last week Gullit after all didnt join the coaching staff to replace Advocaat who left after just 3 matches.
    And yesterday the John Delaney of Dutch football did something very un-JDs, he resigned.
    And later that day Marco van Basten announced he is leaving the coaching staff
    Not sure if that is immediately or after the internationals on the program now.

And Danny Blind still doesnt get the message that no one wants to work with him and he refuses to just **** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Lets be honest, Joe Hart is the best goalkeeper at City by a distance (Head & Shoulders their best some might say :o ). There's a lot of nonsense being spoken about him - he's a very good keeper despite what happened in the Summer.

He simply wouldn't have played the number of games that he has played and had the success that he has had were he not very, very good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Lets be honest, Joe Hart is the best goalkeeper at City by a distance (Head & Shoulders their best some might say :o ). There's a lot of nonsense being spoken about him - he's a very good keeper despite what happened in the Summer.

He simply wouldn't have played the number of games that he has played and had the success that he has had were he not very, very good.

If he was so good why was he dropped by both Mancini and Pellegrini and then gotten rid of by Pep? Name me another top class keeper who is regularly dropped due to poor form.

If he was so poor then why did he keep getting back in? Twice in six years is hardly "regularly" and both Mancini and Pellegrini concluded that Hart was the best keeper available.

I'm not saying he's as good as De Gea or Buffon but he's a very good goalkeeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hart is being dropped cause he isn't good with the ball at his feet, the amount of goalies in the PL that struggle passing is so bad Sky showed Mignolet was 2nd highest iirc & he regularly kicks the ball straight out of play.
    He's better than Caballero for me who has never impressed much. He has dropped clangers in the last few months but so have De Gea, Neuer or whoever. He's better than most goalies in the league but who wants a goalie who they have to play & might not sign after it due to his high wages and fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Beefy78 wrote: »
    If he was so poor then why did he keep getting back in? Twice in six years is hardly "regularly" and both Mancini and Pellegrini concluded that Hart was the best keeper available.

I'm not saying he's as good as De Gea or Buffon but he's a very good goalkeeper.

Because Given, Willy and Pantilimon weren't any better than him?

I think Manchester City have some spare cash if they ever feel that they have a position of weakness in their team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just as an aside, I'm of the opinion that the man they have brought in to replace him is actually worse. I really don't rate Bravo at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/Fenerbahce/status/770563302887940096
    Jermaine Lens gone to Fenerbache on loan.

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/770578086437855232

Roma want Jack Wilshere on loan (hope they have a nice hospital there)

https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/status/770580937092501504

Spurs make enquiries about Sissoko.

Barcelona sign striker Paco Alcacer from Valencia on five-year-contract for £27.3m.

Munir gone the other way on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Loic Remy has joined Palace on a season long loan.

Lucas Perez has joined Arsenal.

Patrick Bamford has joined Burnley

Munir gone on loan from Barca to Valencia.

Fiorentina to accept €27 bid from Chelsea for Marcos Alonso.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/770592720251457536
    Joe Hart is in Turin,complete with Torino scarf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Hart deserves a lot of praise for making the loan move. It would have been easy to sit around, pocket his six figures a week, and wait for some opportunity in England to arrive. Instead he's shown he wants to play, and is willing to get out of his comfort zone to do so. Good on him.

Some time away from the British media to get his head together could well see Hart push on. He's a damn good keeper, but his concentration lets him down from time to time. At 29 he's still young for his position, if he can use this to focus on his game and less on his image he'll be playing for a big team in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

More English players should go play in Europe. It would do them personally and the English national team great benefit.

I know this isn't a new or unique viewpoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I think Hart deserves a lot of praise for making the loan move. It would have been easy to sit around, pocket his six figures a week, and wait for some opportunity in England to arrive. Instead he's shown he wants to play, and is willing to get out of his comfort zone to do so. Good on him.

Yeah I posted this when it was rumoured that he rejected Dortmund/Sevilla for Everton:
    This is why the England team will never be particularly good. They just refuse to go abroad, where they could learn different tactics, coaching styles etc, but no, he'd rather go to Everton than Borussia Dortmund. Of course, he could be settled now and Everton would mean he doesn't have to move, but as a whole, it's not very ambitious.

But obviously that story was a load of balls. Fair play to him, more English players need to follow suit.

I think Wilshere would do well to follow suit - Spain or Italy both look perfect for him. Just hope that both of them (or just hart if Wilshere moves to Southampton or somewhere like that) throw themselves into it. There's no point being there if you just speak to other English people. Learn the language, learn the culture, come back with different ideas and viewpoints having grown as a man.

I speak from experience - I moved to Ireland and have tried to learn Dub.

• Advertisement

Ryan Mason has signed for Hull. Good signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Aye Wiltshire might actually manage 90 minutes in Italy with the pace of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

By my count, City have 19 non-HG players over 21 in there squad, teams are only allowed to register 17.

Guys like Sane and Iheanacho dont count due to their ages.

Agüero, Sergio
    Bony, Wilfried
    Caballero, Willy
    Claudio Bravo,
    De Bruyne, Kevin
    Fernandinho,
    Fernando,
    Gündoğan, İlkay
    Kolarov, Aleksandar
    Kompany, Vincent
    Mangala, Eliaquim
    Nasri, Samir
    Navas, Jesús
    Nolito,
    Otamendi, Nicolás
    Sagna, Bacary
    Silva, David
    Touré, Yaya
    Zabaleta, Pablo

Take your pick from any of the above two to miss out or be sold/loaned.

Hard to see why they keep Fernando around when they've already evolved him into a Fernandinho

Toure, Bony, Fernando, Nasri and Mangala all possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Toure, Bony, Fernando, Nasri and Mangala all possible.

I'd guess Bony and Nasri would be easier to move on but all of the above are probably being offered around to whoever can afford them whether it be a loan or a permanent deal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Remy to Palace on loan.

My favorite player in Fifa Ultimate team the last two years so happy he's staying in the PL :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GavRedKing wrote: »
    By my count, City have 19 non-HG players over 21 in there squad, teams are only allowed to register 17.

Guys like Sane and Iheanacho dont count due to their ages.

Agüero, Sergio
    Bony, Wilfried
    Caballero, Willy
    Claudio Bravo,
    De Bruyne, Kevin
    Fernandinho,
    Fernando,
    Gündoğan, İlkay
    Kolarov, Aleksandar
    Kompany, Vincent
    Mangala, Eliaquim
    Nasri, Samir
    Navas, Jesús
    Nolito,
    Otamendi, Nicolás
    Sagna, Bacary
    Silva, David
    Touré, Yaya
    Zabaleta, Pablo

Take your pick from any of the above two to miss out or be sold/loaned.

Does De Byrne not qualify as HG from his time with the Chelsea youth team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Does De Byrne not qualify as HG from his time with the Chelsea youth team?
    No he signed for chelsea aged 21. you need to be there for 3 years before you turn 21.
    Plus he was barely in england 6 months while with chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Nasri linked with a move to Sevilla.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37223016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Chelsea in talks to re-sign David Luiz according to SSN!

• Advertisement
Advertisement