Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

David luiz back to Chelsea for 30 million being reported on sky sports!! WTF

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Luiz to Chelsea would really sum up this transfer window

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Bizarre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

:pac: FFS that's absolutely mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I really hope that happens. A floppy haired clown, Bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

To be fair City paid more for a poor man's David Luiz. He might work out for them as part of a 3 if that's where Conte is planning to go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The last few deadline days have been crap but im getting really wet for tomorrow, could be absolutely mental

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The last few deadline days have been crap but im getting really wet for tomorrow, could be absolutely mental

I usually laugh at people getting worked up about deadline day, it's nearly always a damn squib. Tomorrow could well be very interesting though!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Probably in the minority here but I think £30m for Luiz is good business by Chelsea. Mightn't be the most self-aware centre half going but what he brings in aerially and playing the ball from defence makes him worth the fee. He suits Conte's style of play perfectly also, great man to start a counter attack with his passing out from the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think it would be a bonkers thing for Chelsea to do. Luiz has had a very poor start to the season and only at the weekend against Monaco he gave away a ridiculous penalty to give Monaco the lead. I think L'Equippe rated his performance a 2 or a 3 out of 10.

It would be great for PSG. Marquinhos would be much better alongside Thiago Silva and Kimpembe looks a talented player for the future too. If Chelsea are crazy enough to fork out £30m plus then PSG should grab it and run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Nasri off on loan to Sevilla

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Matt Law, who'd be pretty credible on Chelsea news, is denying the Luiz story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Matt Law, who'd be pretty credible on Chelsea news, is denying the Luiz story.

So you're telling me Sky sources aren't reliable. :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looks like hendrick could be off to burnley rather than Hull.Burnley have been chasing him all summer. I think it would be a better move for him. He is far more likely to play at Burnley especially that mason has signed for Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Apparently Wilshire is considering loan move offers from Watford,Palace,Bournemouth,Sporting Lisbon and Benfica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Looks like hendrick could be off to burnley rather than Hull.Burnley have been chasing him all summer. I think it would be a better move for him. He is far more likely to play at Burnley especially that mason has signed for Hull.

BBC reporting medical tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/AndyBayes/status/770728991577767936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

JPA wrote: »
    Chelsea in talks to re-sign David Luiz according to SSN!

If this is true, it strengthens my belief that transfer fees in the main are BS, and are frequently being used to launder and imbezzile money by various individuals.......pure circus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Less than an hour to Jim White Day. Can't wait! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Less than an hour to Jim White Day. Can't wait! :D

God what an unbearable man. I'll still be fixated on the transfer goings on though because I think it'll be a busy one.

• Advertisement

Jim White disappeared up his own arse a good few years ago now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Apparently Wilshire is considering loan move offers from Watford,Palace,Bournemouth,Sporting Lisbon and Benfica

Watford would be a great fit. Will never be injury free sadly. Really had the potential to be a world class midfielder in my judgement. 24 now so a good season with luck on the injury front and will be back in Arsenal first team next season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

BBC 5 Live on the red button for me. They have the transfer news without all the Sky BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I said it in the Chelsea thread but I am expecting a busy day tomorrow for Chelsea.

Alonso will be confirmed pending a medical and I do expect us to sign a CB and maybe even a CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Nigel de Jong from LA Galaxy to Galatasaray.
    Witsel to Juve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Spurs possibly chasing Sissoko from Newcastle, and Toon sniffing around Markovic...I could see both happening.

• Advertisement

83e91ec2e0e0ec0d0558a37784e437ca.png

Konoplyanka to Schalke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bruno Martins Indi to Stoke on season loan.

Sissoko leaves French training camp to meet Spurs.

Bony at Stoke for a medical.

inforfun wrote: »

Joins a list of strikers that joined a v. big club, knowing they wouldn't play, and went backwards...

13 PL sides have set new club transfer records this summer - it could be 14 Mane's clauses would take him above Andy Carroll if they are triggered

https://twitter.com/TimesSport/status/770907972927193088/photo/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'll be following this on BBC I think. I can't stand Jim White, he really hams it up, the fact it's known as "Jim White Day" sums the whole thing up as a mess really from presentation point of view.

I'll just take the confirmed transfers as they come, please and thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

razorblunt wrote: »
    I'll be following this on BBC I think. I can't stand Jim White, he really hams it up, the fact it's known as "Jim White Day" sums the whole thing up as a mess really from presentation point of view.

I'll just take the confirmed transfers as they come, please and thank you.

Worse is when Sky show him coming into Sky HQ, in his casual clothes, on the phone (to nobody) and proclaim, "Jim White is in the building"

Who cares? At the end of the day he's just an annoying hun cúnt!! Transfers will happen even if he's not around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

kfallon wrote: »
    Worse is when Sky show him coming into Sky HQ, in his casual clothes, on the phone (to nobody) and proclaim, "Jim White is in the building"

Who cares? At the end of the day he's just an annoying hun cúnt!! Transfers will happen even if he's not around!

Ah jaysus don't take it so seriously alot of it is tongue in cheek, he's a bit full on sure but alot of it is just play acting and he knows everyone else is in on it.

price690 wrote: »
    Ah jaysus don't take it so seriously alot of it is tongue in cheek, he's a bit full on sure but alot of it is just play acting and he knows everyone else is in on it.

Play acting or not, as I said, he's still an annoying hun cúnt and I stand by that! I feel sorry for whichever bint is sat next to him that has to laugh at his 'jokes'.

Leicester City
    Pete O'Rourke @SportsPeteO

Leicester City have agreed to meet Adrien Silva's £38.5m release clause at Sporting. #LCFC #SportingCP #DeadlineDay
    10:29 AM - 31 Aug 2016

192 192 Retweets

price690 wrote: »

It's like being a WWE commentator...

Dickerty wrote: »
    It's like being a WWE commentator...

The WWE is probably less staged than SSN on Deadline Day :p

Leicester City have agreed to meet Adrien Silva's £38.5m release clause at Sporting

Feels a TINY bit panic buy, the Champions should not be having to over-pay on deadline day like this. But they are not the first...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

inforfun wrote: »

Good loan deal for them, hopefully they get a few more deals done today have backed them for a top 10 finish ! Think they will be one of the most active clubs today.

How do you think Marins Indi will do in the premier league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Lord TSC wrote: »

Very odd move but fair play to him for taking it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Feels a TINY bit panic buy, the Champions should not be having to over-pay on deadline day like this. But they are not the first...

He looked very good during the Euros. If I were Leicester I'd rather overpay by a few million than not have him.

Good loan deal for them, hopefully they get a few more deals done today have backed them for a top 10 finish ! Think they will be one of the most active clubs today.

How do you think Marins Indi will do in the premier league?

Of all the defenders his age that came through at Feyenoord he always worried me most when playing.
    On his day he can handle/boss any forward but he needs a partner in CD who keeps him awake for the full 90 mins.

If anyone asked who i like to see back at Feyenoord the most, BMI or Stefan de Vrij is will always be De Vrij. Still, wouldnt mind BMI back either.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Very odd move but fair play to him for taking it on.

Maybe it's what he needs. Get away from the constant scrutiny, and in a fabulous setting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Maybe it's what he needs. Get away from the constant scrutiny, and in a fabulous setting...
    Have you ever been to Turin?

Have you ever been to Turin?

Nope, brother was there and said parts were a bit industrial, but I doubt Joe will be living in those parts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Hendrick now having medical at Burnley. Not Hull.

Who now? 😉

Joe Hart. He's a goalie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Advertisement