Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Serge Gnabry to Werder Bremen is a done deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Johner wrote: »
    Serge Gnabry to Werder Bremen is a done deal.

I always got the feeling that he would develop into a quality player with regular first team football so I would hope that Arsenal have a buy back clause inserted into that deal because the 4.5m price being mentioned (excluding add ons) seems seriously low in the current climate. However the rumors already say that He could be Bayern bound if his season at WB goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

I always got the feeling that he would develop into a quality player with regular first team football so I would hope that Arsenal have a buy back clause inserted into that deal because the 4.5m price being mentioned (excluding add ons) seems seriously low in the current climate. However the rumors already say that He could be Bayern bound if his season at WB goes well.

I thought Bayern were buying him and loaning him to Werder Bremen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

According to BBC, it's a permanent deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Hendrick now having medical at Burnley. Not Hull.

Think Burnley are a better club for him, More stable and they seem to have a great team spirit , i think they will stay up this season and hopefully Hendrick can play a big part in that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Mmmmmm. Love that swagger on Natalie. Walking around the sky studio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then who will be the transfer sensation this evening? Anyone fancy Messi to Middlesboro or James to WBA?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Think Burnley are a better club for him, More stable and they seem to have a great team spirit , i think they will stay up this season and hopefully Hendrick can play a big part in that

Deal is now confirmed.

Luis back to Chelsea raised a laugh.
    Surprised Mark Hughes didn't try bring in Joe Hart.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wilshire looks like he's off to Bournemouth.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

hadepsx wrote: »
    Luis back to Chelsea raised a laugh.
    Surprised Mark Hughes didn't try bring in Joe Hart.

How long is Butland out for? Think he is a better keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Luiz set for a medical at Chelsea, that one didn't take long.

Still think it's a good signing for them, going to be interesting to see if he plays in defence or midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

How long is Butland out for? Think he is a better keeper.

Should be back after international break or not long after anyway.

Was talk of him playing the last 2 league games for stoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Jim White is on at 9PM tonight lads !!!!!! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jim White is on at 9PM tonight lads !!!!!! :O

Perfect, I now know when to avoid Sky Sports News.

Cheers. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Really since they stopped the reports from outside the grounds because of the dildo incident there is no compelling reason to watch the coverage.

Here's a reminder of that incident ;)

37786.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mark Pougatch (I presume) with the usual gang of hanger-ons from 7 PM on the BBC red button and 5live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I would have thought it was lad shouting Fcuk her in the meow that ended up with them being pulled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

hadepsx wrote: »
    Mmmmmm. Love that swagger on Natalie. Walking around the sky studio.

Ahhhh Natalie Sawyer is something is. I could almost forgive her for supporting Brentford.

Marcos Alonso to Chelsea is official now.

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Ahhhh Natalie Sawyer is something is. I could almost forgive her for supporting Brentford.

Such a babe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cuadrado confirmed back to Juventus.

Loan player number 32 to leave so far. Probably be another one or wo join him. Mizaga will be gone soon I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

And the Luiz deal comes full circle.

It'd take a lot of proof for me to not believe that transfer was purely some form of dodgy dealing. Not really surprised at all that he's back there.

Luiz, brilliant. Hope he comes back.

His agent deserves a medal.

All above board too I'm guessing..

Joe Hart. He's a goalie.

I was watching the Sky show at lunch and they had a reporter in Torino. They said nobody in Italy knew who Hart is - not even his nation or position.

I wonder who they ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I was watching the Sky show at lunch and they had a reporter in Torino. They said nobody in Italy knew who Hart is - not even his nation or position.

I wonder who they ask.

Juve fans who know a good keeper when they see one probably. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

SantryRed wrote: »

It'd take a lot of proof for me to not believe that transfer was purely some form of dodgy dealing. Not really surprised at all that he's back there.

Could be the difference in Chelsea winning the title and not, by which I of course mean some bird brained blunder of his costing them dearly,as he is apt to do.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Lord TSC wrote: »

Had a guided tour of the physio's room no doubt.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I wonder who they ask.

Most Italians probably remember him as the keeper who tried to psych out Pirlo in the shootout at Euro 2012 - only to get done by his Panenka peno.

I'm pleased to hear Hendrick got his move to Burnley. Hopefully he's a regular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

20m for a two year loan deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Another one that might have gone under the radar: Giuseppe Rossi to Celta Vigo.

Can't help but wonder the player he could have been had it not been for all the injuries he's had. He's a great player on his day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFA46TFQOwP99hs1bY8vpe91uERGDCOOrK2u1nMEh_azAGSKmK

Beefy78 wrote: »

Stunner, Jonnie Douglas is a lucky man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cuadrado to Juventus is a three-year loan deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cuadrado to Juventus is a three-year loan deal.

"Juventus Football Club can today confirm that an agreement has been reached with Chelsea for the loan of Juan Guillermo Cuadrado Bello until 30 June 2019, for an annual consideration of €5 million.

Juventus has the right to acquire the player on a permanent basis, or will be obliged to upon the achievement of agreed team results during the loan period, for a fee of €25 million, payable in three financial years, minus the loan fees already paid.

Should Juventus achieve certain sporting results during the player’s contract of employment, the club will owe Chelsea an additional €4 million in contingent payments. "

seems no English club wants to sell a player outright to Juve after #PogbaGate :D

You would think Chelsea can be safe in the knowledge though they wouldn't have to pay 100 million to buy him back in a few years! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Come on Everton. Do the right thing and buy Sissoko... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

An interesting one to me, as I never heard of the lad, is Oliver Burke from Forest to Leipzig in Germany for 13M pounds. Brave move for the lad I suppose, lot of money for a xfer that went under the radar.
    Luiz back to Chelsea.... all above board, nothing to see here...... move along...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm surprised Robbie Brady didn't get a move in the window.

• I'm surprised Robbie Brady didn't get a move in the window.

Norwich have 20 million price tag on him
    I'm raging he hasn't moved

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

And official now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,025 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Norwich have 20 million price tag on him
    I'm raging he hasn't moved

Can understand it alright though, he'll be key to them getting back up asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Was it ISIS do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

This deadline day will be remembered for these words

"season long loan" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

getting back to PL is worth more than 20 million for Norwich and no doubt Brady will only get better so not much risk in that regard. Astute decision. Brady seems a grounded guy, will know the benefits of a bit of stability from another season with the club and pretty probable they will bounce back up although Saturday was a bit of a shock result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like Balotelli has joined Nice. Looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Looks like Everton will be spending 72m on Bolasie,Sissoko & Williams all possibly on big wages with little resale value. Did get great money for Stones but he was probably on low wages. Poor business.

Have Norwich signed anyone? Looks like Naismith moving they look a little light upfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Come on Everton. Do the right thing and buy Sissoko... :pac:

£30m

ha... hahaha.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Does anyone know much about Didier Ndong, who Sunderland have signed for a club record £13.6m? Can't say I've ever seen him kick a ball.

• Advertisement
Advertisement