Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Window - 2016

Comments

• CSF wrote: »
    No doubt you've been watching him studiously throughout his Villareal career

K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    K

No Mick, just no. You should know by now that you are not allowed to make any comment on any player that has signed for any team unless you have scouted them extensively throughout their career. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

astradave wrote: »
    No Mick, just no. You should know by now that you are not allowed to make any comment on any player that has signed for any team unless you have scouted them extensively throughout their career. :rolleyes:

But one is allowed deem someone a great signing, even if they haven't seen them apart from the very rare Spanish/European game and a YouTube highlight reel over some wack dance track?

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    But one is allowed deem someone a great signing, even if they haven't seen them apart from the very rare Spanish/European game and a YouTube highlight reel over some wack dance track?

How can you be absolutely certain that Mick has only seen them on a youtube highlight reel and a handful of games. I know I have seen Villarreal play about 20/25 times this season as well as watching the highlights of the other matches. .

You could also look at it a different way, which is for United signing an extremely highly rated young player in a position that they need recruitments in, getting it done as early as possible in the window, that can be deemed a great signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

CSF wrote: »
    No doubt you've been watching him studiously throughout his Villareal career

Hi CSF,

what is the minimum amount of minutes watched of a player necessary to be able to comment on their football ability?

Just so individuals aren't confused in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Ssn reporting medical completed

Great signing, good to get the transfers started early

I was at Malaga v Villarreal earlier in the season and have seen him on TV a few times since. he reminded me of Joseph yobo.... All action but a disaster waiting to happen.

How can you be absolutely certain that Mick has only seen them on a youtube highlight reel and a handful of games. I know I have seen Villarreal play about 20/25 times this season as well as watching the highlights of the other matches. .

You could also look at it a different way, which is for United signing an extremely highly rated young player in a position that they need recruitments in, getting it done as early as possible in the window, that can be deemed a great signing.

Mick's well able to speak and argue his opinion. He wouldn't have replied with just "K" if he knew the player well.

Apparently that Ukrainian wonderkid City were supposed to have signed is going to Dortmund. It'd make sense for City to let them have him if Aubameyang is going the other way...it wouldn't shock me if there was some "buy first" deal in place if City wanted to buy him in a year or two. It seems Hummels, Gundogan, Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan won't be Dortmund players by September. Absolute madness. They're lucky Reus is goosed with injury or you can be sue someone would snap him up after the Euros too.

Mick's well able to speak and argue his opinion. He wouldn't have replied with just "K" if he knew the player well.

Do you think CSF's piss take of a thankswhore reply warranted more than that from him? Its not up to CSF to judge how people form opinions. He can thankswhore all he wants, I'm sure we all do it in some form or another, but when you do, you are leaving yourself open to be called out on it.

Apparently that Ukrainian wonderkid City were supposed to have signed is going to Dortmund. It'd make sense for City to let them have him if Aubameyang is going the other way...it wouldn't shock me if there was some "buy first" deal in place if City wanted to buy him in a year or two. It seems Hummels, Gundogan, Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan won't be Dortmund players by September. Absolute madness. They're lucky Reus is goosed with injury or you can be sue someone would snap him up after the Euros too.

Tbf it didn't stop City buying Gundogan. Wouldn't be surprised if he has told his agent to spread a bit of news

• Advertisement

Do you think CSF's piss take of a thankswhore reply warranted more than that from him? Its not up to CSF to judge how people form opinions. He can thankswhore all he wants, I'm sure we all do it in some form or another, but when you do, you are leaving yourself open to be called out on it.

Well personally, if I knew about said player in question I'd rub the pie off my face and throw one back at the person who questioned it...as long as I knew the player well. But that's just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't think it's a stretch to say Eric Bailly is the best defender in the PL now

• Andre 3000 wrote: »

Says who? How do you know I haven't been watching him?

I just chose not to discuss with CSF as his post was only designed to piss take
    Why waist my time? "K" seemed more suitable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Charlie Taylor off to Liverpool

Pool fans- you're getting yourself the best left back outside of the Prem. Only 22 anorl

:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Dortmund are signing loads of young players this season. Ousama Dembele, Emre Mor and Mikel Merino have already been signed. It's the route they're going down this summer.
    It's worth pointing out that no sources in Germany are running with Aubamyang to City and some in England are reporting that City have no interest at the price quoted. He has 4 years left on his contract and Dortmund don't want or need to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Texas Jack wrote: »

Pool fans- you're getting yourself the best left back outside of the Prem. Only 22 anorl

Has it been confirmed?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed?

No but as good as done with our lunatic in charge

He's definitely had talks - looks like £3.5 rising to £5million

Ridiculous price

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

http://m.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/az/article/25955294/tottenham-hotspur-in-de-race-voor-janssen#voetbal/227/fixtures/

@ inforfun - He has scored a handful of goals in the past year. Is he good enough for Premier League and also, do you consider telegraaf reliable for footbaal info? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Says who? How do you know I haven't been watching him?

I just chose not to discuss with CSF as his post was only designed to piss take
    Why waist my time? "K" seemed more suitable

I'd guess you haven't been watching him. I'd be willing to bet on it if we could prove it. :D

You rarely spot in the La Liga thread and I've never seen you ever post about anything to do with Villareal outside of those games with Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

09_09_09 wrote: »
    http://m.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/az/article/25955294/tottenham-hotspur-in-de-race-voor-janssen#voetbal/227/fixtures/

@ inforfun - He has scored a handful of goals in the past year. Is he good enough for Premier League and also, do you consider telegraaf reliable for footbaal info? Thanks in advance.

That is a bit of a painful one for me.
    Product of the Feyenoord academy but wasnt offered a contract.
    Left fro Almere City in the Jupiler league and scored a lot there already, considering the team he played for.
    AZ picked him up for peanuts, only scored 6 goals till the winter break.
    Dont know what was in his turkey he had for Christmas but he just cant stop scoring since then. A hat trick against Feyenoord as well.

In recent internationals basically claimed his spot as Hollands starting centre forward with scoring 3 in 5.

So he basically has had a fantastic 2nd half of the season..... Is that enough to pay €15 million (rumoured asking price)?
    I guess for a premier league club it is peanuts.

He is more a Dirk Kuyt than a Robin van Persie as it comes to playing style.

Telegraaf is a bit hit and miss. The have some very good info at times but come out with complete rubbish as well.
    There was a time when i only rated www.vi.nl as reliable with transfer news but they are slipping as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'd guess you haven't been watching him. I'd be willing to bet on it if we could prove it. :D

You rarely spot in the La Liga thread and I've never seen you ever post about anything to do with Villareal outside of those games with Liverpool.

I haven't watched a La Liga game bar highlights all season. Doesn't stop me from knowing that Neymar would be a great signing for United. Or even Bruno for that matter as a closer to this situation thing.

What is it with people needing first hand accounts of players? I'm constantly told I know nothing about football (probably true :p) so me having seen a player and having an opinion is just as likely to be wrong as someone else's opinion going off that barometer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If you're not a football scout paid to go watch someone is your opinion on a player valid?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

inforfun wrote: »
    That is a bit of a painful one for me.
    Product of the Feyenoord academy but wasnt offered a contract.
    Left fro Almere City in the Jupiler league and scored a lot there already, considering the team he played for.
    AZ picked him up for peanuts, only scored 6 goals till the winter break.
    Dont know what was in his turkey he had for Christmas but he just cant stop scoring since then. A hat trick against Feyenoord as well.

In recent internationals basically claimed his spot as Hollands starting centre forward with scoring 3 in 5.

So he basically has had a fantastic 2nd half of the season..... Is that enough to pay €15 million (rumoured asking price)?
    I guess for a premier league club it is peanuts.

He is more a Dirk Kuyt than a Robin van Persie as it comes to playing style.

Telegraaf is a bit hit and miss. The have some very good info at times but come out with complete rubbish as well.
    There was a time when i only rated www.vi.nl as reliable with transfer news but they are slipping as well.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/az-in-afwachting-van-uitkomst-gesprek-janssen-met-spurs.htm

Here we go. It looks like this one has legs.We definitely need competition/back-up for Kane. Hopefully, he won't turn out another Soldado for us :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

It would be absoulutely pathetic if Dortmund sell Aubameyang and Mkhitarian on top of Gundogan and Hummells.You'd think they should at least try and keep their players and not bend over as soon as they get an offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I would think it would be a bad move for him. He is 21. He needs to play.

I know Spurs will play a lot of matches although that isnt really sure yet.
    2 first round exits for the cups and 4th place in the cl poule and that is the end of it.

He needs to go to a similar club but as the first choice striker. As long as Kane is there, he will not be 1st choice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It would be absoulutely pathetic if Dortmund sell Aubameyang and Mkhitarian on top of Gundogan and Hummells.You'd think they should at least try and keep their players and not bend over as soon as they get an offer.

Hummels and Gundogen were into the last year of their contracts and indicated that they wouldn't be renewing. Dortmund got €38m and €25m respectively for them. That's a long way from bending over as soon as they get an offer.
    Mikitaryan is also in the last year of his contract and is in contract negotiations. His agent is Minola so they're always going to be long and drawn out.
    Aubamyang has 4 years left on his contract and will be going nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'd love if United signed Mkhitarian, looks a super player and will be great business if the Arse can get it done.

Wenger clearly going to go all guns blazing to win the league in his last year in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd love if United signed Mkhitarian, looks a super player and will be great business if the Arse can get it done.

Wenger clearly going to go all guns blazing to win the league in his last year in charge.
    Heard they are aiming for 4th this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Heard they are aiming for 4th this year
    Just like the last two seasons?

• eagle eye wrote: »

So proof of this "bet" is because I don't personally post about it in an anonymous soccer forum?
    aaahh yes, the rules of the few :pac:

Oh yeah btw the great signing that is Bailly has just been confirmed as official by Man Utd
    Nice one

• Advertisement

Just like the last two seasons?

BURN :D

• Hi CSF,

what is the minimum amount of minutes watched of a player necessary to be able to comment on their football ability?

Just so individuals aren't confused in the future.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

This summer is going to be fun. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I think Bailly is the best defender ever and I am very happy he has signed for Man United.

So proof of this "bet" is because I don't personally post about it in an anonymous soccer forum?
    aaahh yes, the rules of the few :pac:

Oh yeah btw the great signing that is Bailly has just been confirmed as official by Man Utd
    Nice one
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion, I wasn't castigating you for having an opinion. I was just point out that I would personally be pretty certain that you haven't watched must of Villareal.

The reason for that is that you post a lot when watching games and I've hardly ever seen you post in the La Liga thread.
    Liam O wrote: »
    I haven't watched a La Liga game bar highlights all season. Doesn't stop me from knowing that Neymar would be a great signing for United. Or even Bruno for that matter as a closer to this situation thing.

What is it with people needing first hand accounts of players? I'm constantly told I know nothing about football (probably true :p) so me having seen a player and having an opinion is just as likely to be wrong as someone else's opinion going off that barometer.

Where in my post that you quoted did you see any criticism of anything?

30 million for a guy that cost 3 million 10 months ago

Oh dear

Have they learnt nothing

• Fingers crossed the Daily Fail writes an article about Bailly like the Martial one. Let the bitter squad lap it up....

So we can do this after the season :P

giphy.gif

Oh dear

Have they learnt nothing

I think it's fine to pay big money for a player as long as he is playing in a similar position to where you plan to use him.

Villareal normally play 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2 which have been Mourinho's preferred formations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I think Bailly is the best defender ever and I am very happy he has signed for Man United.

Just be sure you scouted him first before throwing out statements like that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Oh dear

Have they learnt nothing

A Leeds fan shouldn't be trying to lecture anyone about transfer prices to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

That's a great signing.

Who does he play for?

Unearthly wrote: »
    A Leeds fan shouldn't be trying to lecture anyone about transfer prices to be fair

Aww diddums

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    That's a great signing.

Who does he play for?

United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Leeds; Going nowhere as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Torres has done that to a few defenders over the years.

Quite similar to his pick pocket on Vidic a few years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The part where he went 1v1 and then fecked it up only to get reeeeaalllly lucky to get the ball back is fairly common these days alright. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Reports that Juve will sign Pjanic for €38m with Roma only getting €30.4m, that's a great price for him in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

€30 million for Pjanic is nothing he could go for double that

Advertisement