Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft word help

Options
  • 22-03-2016 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I am having a bit of bother and I tried googling but it is of no help to me.

I am trying to copy a chart from excel to word but it keeps coming up ok until I save and close the document. When I go to open it again i get this message

"Error! No topic specified."

The two documents are linked and I have successfully copied a few tables from the same linked document and they are ok, it is just charts from the document are bringing this message up. I am using "paste special" as well but still to no avail.

If anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

When you say you are using 'paste special' are you just posting the values or links? If you are just posting values then it should just be text in the document and shouldn't disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭EastTyrone

im taking a copy of the chart and using paste special to copy it into word. It copies in alright but when i save and close word when i open it up it will read "Error! No topic specified."

However I have since discovered that this will come up when I select to "update the document with data from the linked files"

If i click yes I get the error message, if I click no it will come up normally, however itis not ideal for me either to click "no"

So I am of the opinion it is an excel problem?

Advertisement