Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning sickness and flying

Options
  • 22-03-2016 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm about 8 weeks pregnant and having a ****ty time with morning (lasting all day) sickness. Before we found out we had two trips booked,we are loosing about €600 on one because I will be too far gone (ova rather the baby). Going to London this weekend and I'm dreading the flight! Would cancel if we could but really don't want to be down more money.. Any tips? Our flight is at the worst time 🙈 for my sickness!
    Also is it ok going through the body scanners?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

I had to fly from London to Dublin at xmas I wont lie I did vomit in the airport and when I got on the plane I just asked for a sick bag (I didnt need to use it) On the flight home I just got sick in the toilet on the plane. The only thing is that its a short flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Your insurance should cover at least your half of the costs for the second trip as there is a medical reason why you cannot go. Have you tried all the old favourites like vitamin b supplements and ginger etc to help the nausea? If you are vomiting all day you should speak to your gp as you could quickly become dehydrated. I've been on tablets from 7 weeks due to all day vomiting ( not nausea) and am still on them now at27 weeks.

I had to fly at 12 weeks with my 2 yr old on my lap feeling very ill but it was a 2.5 HR flight so not too bad. I just made sure I had a sick bag with me at all times and knew where the toilets were. Security queue was the only thing that worried me really.

Advertisement