Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4tb hard disk not fully recognised under Windows 10?

Options
  • 22-03-2016 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some advice please. I just bought a Seagate 4TB 3.5" Hard disk. I'm running Windows 10 on my desktop. I understand I have to set the drive up as GPT instead of MBR to see the full size. However, even though I do this it only shows up as 1.6tb. I've tried seagate's own tool and AOMEI partiton assistant.

I suspect the problem could be that I have the drive in a USB dock. Is this the issue? Does it have to be initially connected to a sata port on the systemboard to be recognised correctly?

Has anyone setup drives this size in Windows 10 recently and how did you get the full capacity recognized please :)

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is this your main HDD?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

It's not my main HDD. I use a 256GB SSD for the OS. Hopefully some other Boardies are using large drives this size, really wanna get this sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Got this sorted, just connected the USB directly to the systemboard and was able to use the seagate tools to initialize the drive as GPT :)

Advertisement