Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitting everything in???

• 22-03-2016 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭

Looking for yer advice lads.4 of us are heading up the west to play the Atlantic coast challenge courses the 2nd week of April. Our only problem is how do we fit in all the gear.we would be travelling 4 to 5 hours to get up there so are reluctant to take 2 cars.we have tried to get a lend of a jeep or something that would have plenty of space but to no avail.i am just wondering is there anyone that has had a similar problem and what solution did ye come to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Are you bringing 4 trolleys also? one option would be to leave the trolleys behind and hire them each day?

Have you considered hiring an estate car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Pick the biggest car and try to put the four bags in, you'd be surprised what you can fit when you need too. As said no trolleys and if anyone has a carry bag rather than a cart bag, get them to use it.
    Luagage can be kept on the passengers knees and it's only a few hours, so it's no big deal if it's a bit cramped.

Had 4 people in my car, 2 bags in boot along with space for clothes bags, then in between the passengers on the back seat was the other 2 bags, one sitting in each foot well and resting against each other with the seat belt around them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Ronney

Its just a big game of tetris. Have done plenty of weekends away fitting 4 + Bags in a standard Saloon car.

Swap the tour bags for something smaller. Take out all the drivers, woods, rescues and brollies and stick them in the back window or on top of the bags.

If that fails renting a family wagon type car could be cheaper than the petrol from driving 2 cars (depends where your coming from)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Another trick is if you have removable heads on your woods/hybrids, take them off and the shafts take up no space. Then get a couple of Sunday bags and you've saved a huge amount of space.

A bag like this one:

87322403_l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Hiring a bigger car, removing heads from clubs, buying smaller bags, putting all the gear on your lap and leaving half of your stuff at home!!!

Lads, I'd just bring 2 bloody cars!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

Looking for yer advice lads.4 of us are heading up the west to play the Atlantic coast challenge courses the 2nd week of April. Our only problem is how do we fit in all the gear.we would be travelling 4 to 5 hours to get up there so are reluctant to take 2 cars.we have tried to get a lend of a jeep or something that would have plenty of space but to no avail.i am just wondering is there anyone that has had a similar problem and what solution did ye come to?

Would you not hire a roof box?

Google shows a number of sources:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=omeara+camping+hire&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=HGXxVoWbDYaoPoOshrgJ#q=roof+box+hire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Is it not the second week of July for the ACC. That's when I'm booked to play.
    Easy option is a roof box can fit 3 or 4 sets of clubs in most of them.
    Stick to carry bags if possible to keep the weight down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Dbu

beverly_hillbillies.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

mike12 wrote: »
    Is it not the second week of July for the ACC. That's when I'm booked to play.
    Easy option is a roof box can fit 3 or 4 sets of clubs in most of them.
    Stick to carry bags if possible to keep the weight down.

I think the OP is just going up to play the courses! No comp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Or take all the clubs out of the bags and lye them flat in the boot, plus the bags on top, bit of a pain but you be surprised at the room! and as mentioned leave the trolleys at home.. or if you have the dollars rent a roof box or try get a lend of one..

• Advertisement
Advertisement