Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator: Dark Fate **Spoilers from post 983**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭Marcus Rashford

That Sarah Connor Chronicles show was shaping up really nicely...the reveal with that Scottish singer (Garbage) was very interesting.

Terminator 2 is the best in my view, up there with the best action movies of all time.

Possibly the inflection point for special effects too. That movie is 28 YEARS OLD...unbelievable. It still looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

That Sarah Connor Chronicles show was shaping up really nicely...the reveal with that Scottish singer (Garbage) was very interesting.

When she hid as a urinal for god knows how long, allowing god knows how many people to piss on her before she killed her intended target? :p

The show was terrible. Summer Glau's character doing a perfect impression of a high school teenager at the start, until the reveal she's a machine, then is completely incapable of acting remotely like a human being.

The awful "arty-****" scene of a ton of swat team members being thrown into a swimming pool in slow motion "throw me now bro! it's my turn" - could imagine them all lining up for their go.

And the Jesus scene in the church. The woman who had her husband replaced by a terminator months previously but thought "something is a little off here.."

Shirley Manson's incredibly stupid hiding spot to kill 1 person.

The whole "lone man goes back to the 70s and somehow creates a portable time machine with 70s tech"

Didn't some non-flesh covered metal go through a time machine too? The hilarious tediousness of the robot having to reassemble itself and kidnap TOP TECHNICIAN man to regrow his skin in a bathtub.

The sillyness of special magical terminator killing bullets, and summer glau popping open terminator head cavities left right and centre.

Something hilarious about a Terminator submarine captain from Australia. He was probably called 'Skippy' or something terrible endearing. I forget...

So glad that was cancelled. And some people have the nerve to insist the movies after the second one are terrible...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Both T1 and T2 ultimately are love stories, just like most of Camerons over films (The Abyss, Avatar, True Lies, Titanic) with Aliens probably the exception.

Ripley and Newt and Ripley and Hicks are the love, different types of love, stories in Aliens.

The film has a happy ending with the Mam (Ripley), Daughter (Newt), Dad (Hicks), and Dog (Bishop) all surviving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Ripley and Newt and Ripley and Hicks are the love, different types of love, stories in Aliens.

The film has a happy ending with the Mam (Ripley), Daughter (Newt), Dad (Hicks), and Dog (Bishop) all surviving.

So it is!

Am i right in saying Newt and Hicks are dead in Aliens 3 with only Ripley alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Think one of the 27 available versions mentioned they died when they crash landed on the planet.

T1 is a kind of thriller
    T2 is all action
    Similar to how Alien is thriller/horror and Aliens is all action and 'Murica

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Both T1 and T2 ultimately are love stories, just like most of Camerons over films (The Abyss, Avatar, True Lies, Titanic) with Aliens probably the exception.
    Ehhh, no!

Maybe, Titanic is a love story, the others are action movies that happen to have characters who either were, are, or about to fall in love. Sub plots at best to the threat of humans with nukes in every case!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Both T1 and T2 ultimately are love stories,

He traveled through time to stop the Terminator but he couldn't terminate... his love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Bacchus wrote: »
    He traveled through time to stop the Terminator but he couldn't terminate... his love.

:pac:

Everyone knows it's a chick flick for men but we just can't say that ;):p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

When she hid as a urinal for god knows how long, allowing god knows how many people to piss on her before she killed her intended target? :p

The show was terrible. Summer Glau's character doing a perfect impression of a high school teenager at the start, until the reveal she's a machine, then is completely incapable of acting remotely like a human being.

The awful "arty-****" scene of a ton of swat team members being thrown into a swimming pool in slow motion "throw me now bro! it's my turn" - could imagine them all lining up for their go.

And the Jesus scene in the church. The woman who had her husband replaced by a terminator months previously but thought "something is a little off here.."

Shirley Manson's incredibly stupid hiding spot to kill 1 person.

The whole "lone man goes back to the 70s and somehow creates a portable time machine with 70s tech"

Didn't some non-flesh covered metal go through a time machine too? The hilarious tediousness of the robot having to reassemble itself and kidnap TOP TECHNICIAN man to regrow his skin in a bathtub.

The sillyness of special magical terminator killing bullets, and summer glau popping open terminator head cavities left right and centre.

Something hilarious about a Terminator submarine captain from Australia. He was probably called 'Skippy' or something terrible endearing. I forget...

So glad that was cancelled. And some people have the nerve to insist the movies after the second one are terrible...

I never got what all the fuss was about TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Dades wrote: »
    Ehhh, no!

Maybe, Titanic is a love story, the others are action movies that happen to have characters who either were, are, or about to fall in love. Sub plots at best to the threat of humans with nukes in every case!

Think i remember either reading or seeing an interview Cameron where he says as much. He doesn't just do Action flicks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

There shouldn't have been any other movies after part two tbh, Cameron in the chair or not, anything more has and will feel shoehorned. :(

TSCC Was entertaining, i actually enjoyed it a whole lot more than the modern movies, deeply flawed as it was, i just enjoyed the characters. Except Shirley Manson, she was terrible and can feck off :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I agree and that's why I have a soft spot for Salvation as it went away from the whole time travelling thing.

1, 2, 3, and 5 are pretty much the same story and you can only get away with that for so long, which is what 2 does.

Salvation at least tried something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭corkie

[IMBd] Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

With Linda Hamilton back playing Sarah Conner?

I though that character was killed of (reported dead) in one of the films?
    In Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Sarah Connor has died from acute myeloid leukemia in 1997 after a three-year battle with the disease. She is mentioned by John (Nick Stahl) and the T-850 (Schwarzenegger).

TSCC aside?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

corkie wrote: »
    [IMBd] Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

With Linda Hamilton back playing Sarah Conner?

I though that character was killed of (reported dead) in one of the films?

TSCC aside?

Cameron has said he's ignoring everything after terminator 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭corkie

^^^ Just re-scanned some of the thread! Thanks.

Also John Connor absent or maybe making a brief appearance, looks like it is going PC and have more of a female cast?

looks like it is going PC and have more of a female cast?

Yup, and as history has shown, its a winning formula in hollywood.... wait :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

it is going PC and have more of a female cast?

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Finally he's changed with the times and is giving us a strong female role in a Terminator movie. :pac:

WTF

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wish we could get a trailer soon so we can talk about that; this endless pearl-clutching 'cos there's wimmin in a Terminator movie is getting tedious.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wish we could get a trailer soon so we can talk about that; this endless pearl-clutching 'cos there's wimmin in a Terminator movie is getting tedious.

There's always been wimmin in Terminator, thats not the issue. But as you said, not much point going into it until more is revealed, but until then I'll remain sarcastically skeptical about what we HAVE seen.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,714 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The central plotline is that the characters Grace and Sarah are helping Ramos escape from a new form of terminator that is both liquid and solid endoskeleton - one that can split in to two different machines of whole liquid and whole solid metal.

That seems like a very creative touch for the new machine and should hopefully help bring back the long lost horror elements of the franchise.

Also according to those who attended the sneak peek recently there will be a James Cameron depiction of the future war at some point in the movie which I guess is what fans really want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Sorry if I missed this mentioned already, but any rumour on age rating etc? If its going to be 12's and all comedy, they can shove it.

Corvo wrote: »
    Sorry if I missed this mentioned already, but any rumour on age rating etc? If its going to be 12's and all comedy, they can shove it.

Going to be rated R apparently.

We were promised they were going back to basics with simple formula and good story and that was why Cameron was involved.

I was excited until yesterday when I saw that a scene was shown with two military transport planes colliding mid flight and the stalker terminator jumping from one to the other mid air.

*sigh*

I think we know where this is going with that. Major disappointment on the way in all likelihood.

They just can't tell a good story and leave the stupid OTT, CGI action sh!te out these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Going to be rated R apparently.

What rubbish?;)

What rubbish?;)

Probably based on what's in the public domain so far.

The trailer will be telling.

Loved the first one but it was really low budget the second one was a little silly in places but lets be honest it was the best movie in the franchise.

3 was bad the fourth one was painfully bad and the last one was prove that is can always get worse.

This franchise has already had two movies on par with Jaws the Revenge and Superman iv the Quest for Peace.

I find it hard to believe that Cameron would put his name to a mix of all the tat from the previous 3 movies.

Would be really disappointing.

I find it hard to believe that Cameron would put his name to a mix of all the tat from the previous 3 movies.

I think they are beating a dead horse at this point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

He put his name to Terminator: Genisys, and happily spoke praise in promo videos, I honestly find it hard to believe people hold his critical opinion in high regard these days :D

(Unless I'm misreading what you're saying)

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    He put his name to Terminator: Genisys, and happily spoke praise in promo videos, I honestly find it hard to believe people hold his critical opinion in high regard these days :D

(Unless I'm misreading what you're saying)

He didn't actively work on that movie though.

He is the Producer here.

You would expect something better than the previous 3 surely.

Could still happen. Just one or two things suggest it could be going the wrong direction....yet again.

My view is if this turns out bad it's time to bury it.

Advertisement