Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator: Dark Fate **Spoilers from post 983**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

My view is if this turns out bad it's time to bury it.

Time to stop exhuming and haphazardly reanimating the rotting corpse, you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Just pretend the last 3 movies didn't happen and it will be grand ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,496 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

He didn't actively work on that movie though.

He is the Producer here.

You would expect something better than the previous 3 surely.

Could still happen. Just one or two things suggest it could be going the wrong direction....yet again.

My view is if this turns out bad it's time to bury it.

Producers do many things; I mean sure, he's not Executive Producer which really would equate to having no input, but I wouldn't automatically assume Cameron has an active hand in the production.

If he was willing to go to bat for Genisys and sing its praises, he's obviously more than happy to do whatever it takes for some sweet submarine money to fund his ocean voyages.

I honestly think James Cameron, director, checked out of Hollywood years ago.

Give me hope! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,496 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Naw :D Hope is only ever dashed, whereas at least in having no expectations, if the final film turns out to be decent it'll be a pleasant surprise :)

These days though, all I ask of Cameron is a BluRay of The Abyss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I was excited until yesterday when I saw that a scene was shown with two military transport planes colliding mid flight and the stalker terminator jumping from one to the other mid air.

My curtains have just caught fire.

Seriously, why not just revert to the almost horror like atmosphere of the first movie, or even the more low-key action of the second (low key in comparison to the more recent Michael Bay like pish)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Just pretend the last 3 movies didn't happen and it will be grand ;)

I'm actually fine with the timeline of T3 and Salvation (genuinely not that bad of a film).

Genisysis or however it's spelt tried to mess with the timeline and brought back Arnie for that feel good nostalgia factor and it was awful.

Have a feeling this will be the same TBH.

A follow up to Salvation would have been better, completely focusing on a future war this time taking it's que from the depictions in the first two films and not daytime action like Salvation largely was.

I mean, that's all fans really want at this stage.

Corvo wrote: »
    My curtains have just caught fire.

Seriously, why not just revert to the almost horror like atmosphere of the first movie, or even the more low-key action of the second (low key in comparison to the more recent Michael Bay like pish)

I don't mind action sequences. I liked the action in T2. Yes it's always absurd but not so absurd that it leaves you with your head in your hands. For that reason T2 was highly entertaining.

But it had a really good story you could follow and characters you can invest in.

It's when the step up is made to a not good story AND literally stupid CGI action where you genuinely can't follow what is going on that I can't stand.

Hopefully this one is not like that.

Just give us a good (hopefully darker) story, good characters and not OTT prolonged action sequences that contribute nothing to the narrative.

And another thing - no attempts at goofy comedy.

"I'm going to see terminator for the crack one liner comedy dialogue" - said NOBODY, EVER.

Glasses-Terminator-3.png

It can't be too much to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I don't mind action sequences. I liked the action in T2. Yes it's always absurd but not so absurd that it leaves you with your head in your hands. For that reason T2 was highly entertaining.

But it had a really good story you could follow and characters you can invest in.

It's when the step up is made to a not good story AND literally stupid CGI action where you genuinely can't follow what is going on that I can't stand.

Hopefully this one is not like that.

Just give us a good (hopefully darker) story, good characters and not OTT prolonged action sequences that contribute nothing to the narrative.

And another thing - no attempts at goofy comedy.

"I'm going to see terminator for the crack one liner comedy dialogue" - said NOBODY, EVER.

Glasses-Terminator-3.png

It can't be too much to ask.

"Talk to the hand"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

T2 worked as well as it was feasible for Skynet to send a Terminator back to kill the Mother and also the young John.

It starts to get a unrealistic when it keeps sending Terminator's back at various times after that.

• Advertisement

Was kind of up for this but hope seems futile unfortunately :(

Best to go in to it with low expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Trailer at this youtube video at 14:00 Ireland time tomorrow:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,635 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That poster works.

Better effort than the first image they put out.

Also Cameron's name/involvement going to feature heavily up to release date by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

that poster invoked a little Indie film vibe for me...

2 minute countdown on the trailer
    Slydice wrote: »
    Trailer at this youtube video at 14:00 Ireland time tomorrow:

Well.. I'm Hyped! :)

Well at first blush it looks to be getting back to basics anyway, a straightforward "cat & mouse" chase narrative, which is welcome after the labyrinthine nonsense of Genisys. The CGI looks pretty rough though - here's hoping that's WIP.

Looks like the teenage girl is the target, but we don't get a why, so bonus points for the trailer not spoiling everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was great.... love the music.

• Well then, that was great!
    Hard tell what role Arnie plays but I'm ok with that. Keep some secrets.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

A little bit meh, for me. Like they could call it The Terminator Awakens.

Rehash the greatest hits and bring back the original gang for the oldies watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Not sure what to make of the trailer. Not sold on the cast yet to be honest.

EDIT: What I mean by that is the "new" cast members not the oldies :)

• Dades wrote: »
    A little bit meh, for me. Like they could call it The Terminator Awakens.

Rehash the greatest hits and bring back the original gang for the oldies watching.

This is not at all what the trailer suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

Hmmmm....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

This is not at all what the trailer suggests.
    It does to me. YMMV!

Add a dash of Logan in too, for good measure. :)

OK

OK

SO

Possibly yer man might be 2 terminators who can merge as one. With a solid structure body and liquid structure body. Maybe he can wirelessly control both and is actually just one. My guess is two tho..

Yer wan. So she says she's human .. but like.. under the skin we're seeing some armour.. then looking closer, it looks like she's riddled with lines on her skin that look like they were surgical... so guessing she was operated on to put in the armour.

She starts in LA. Not sure where the terminator starts.

Mexico
    - the girl seems to be Mexican.
    - looks like we have the first fight in a Car assembly plant in Mexico
    - onto the train.. up to the border i guess to get into the US
    - caught by ICE (American border control I think?).. I'm guessing because..
    - looks like fight whiledetained in the cage places where the US was .. (think they stopped) separating children from their parents

Then stuff happens and..
    - looks to be two US Army C-5M Super Galaxy aircraft gonna crash into each other and a bit of a mid air fight.

Looks like the Connors are out of the fight. Maybe their future is gone. But looks like the technology gets developed.

I wonder if Judgement Day is gone. Maybe the machines are doing the surgical stuff on humans and mind controlling or something.

Hrmmm Dark Fate...

If this doesn't contain some kind of "passing the torch" arc, then I'll eat my hat. Not saying it's a good or bad thing, but it absolutely gives off that air & standard practise in these kind of movies featuring the older, greyer original cast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Dades wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I got from the trailer. There'll be set pieces which remind you of the set pieces from that film you love and a couple of faces you recognise. (Oh and JAMES CAMERON is involved!!11!1).

Otherwise it doesn't look like anything yet.

But that's alright. Doesn't look bad yet either. Looks fine.

Advertisement