Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator: Dark Fate **Spoilers from post 983**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fcuk for the sake of saying fcuk just so you can say you made an R rated film.

This whole thing feels so contrived even that featurette felt like they were trying too hard with the cursing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Calhoun wrote: »
    Wonder if they have any press shots of him , pictures online don't do him much justice.

I am just curious how he has aged.

He's had a lot of rough times over the years. He's looked really bad at some stages.
    Hopefully this might put him on a good path again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Fcuk for the sake of saying fcuk just so you can say you made an R rated film.

This whole thing feels so contrived even that featurette felt like they were trying too hard with the cursing.

There's also very scientific time travel nudity, don't forget :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Now now. I expect nothing more than absolutley consistent appropriate positioning of arms and camera angles as per the first two films!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

"Robots dont curse"??...didnt he say fcuk you a**hole in the first one ?...hey buddy you got a dead cat in there or what ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Sarri_ball

It didn't go well for Jake Lloyd either

Very sad what drugs and early fame did to them both.

Poor Jake Lloyd. He suffered pretty harsh words from fans and critics over his portrayal as young Anakin Skywalker (I actually liked him in the role). He was bullied relentlessly in school too following its release.

Furlong doesn't look in good shape these days. Sad to see.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Man that video: obvious pandering with the contrived swearing, coupled with James "I shilled for Genisys" Cameron yapping about how great Dark Fate is.

Still, Linda Hamilton is the bad-ass I didn't know I wanted.

Slydice wrote: »
    Now now. I expect nothing more than absolutley consistent appropriate positioning of arms and camera angles as per the first two films!

Expecting that first Mackenzie Davis fight scene to work like Austin Powers so :D

No though, supposedly there's a decent amount of gore with the new Terminator cutting people apart in fights etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Here's the full Comic-Con panel.... Tim Miller is always good fun.. Linda Hamilton does rock consistently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

First trailer wasn't great at selling the film at all, just looked like Genisys Part 2. That featurette has some interesting scenes that do suggest a grittier, darker film....confirmation that it's r-rated on top of that has really peaked my interest again. Obviously, swearing and violence doesn't make a film, but for a film about ruthless killer robots sent from the future to exterminate people, it certainly has some sway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭leitrim4life

They deserve an Oscar if they can whip Ed furlong into shape for the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,714 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

pixelburp wrote: »
    Man that video: obvious pandering with the contrived swearing, coupled with James "I shilled for Genisys" Cameron yapping about how great Dark Fate is.

uggggh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

First trailer wasn't great at selling the film at all, just looked like Genisys Part 2. That featurette has some interesting scenes that do suggest a grittier, darker film....confirmation that it's r-rated on top of that has really peaked my interest again. Obviously, swearing and violence doesn't make a film, but for a film about ruthless killer robots sent from the future to exterminate people, it certainly has some sway.

Yes, The Predator who be in agreement with you there.

All we need now is Earl Boen for this and all the old gang will be back :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

uggggh

"It's all about the twist."

No it isn't. The trailer showed us that John Connor was a terminator.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

For anyone looking forward to this movie, you would do well to avoid watching or reading any fluff pieces about it, as huge plot spoilers are floating around forums and Youtube.

Venom wrote: »
    For anyone looking forward to this movie, you would do well to avoid watching or reading any fluff pieces about it, as huge plot spoilers are floating around forums and Youtube.

Yeah, and it's worth saying they're being spread out of spite by some unhappy campers so they won't be marked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I have decided to keep clear of much of the online stuff as yet again another film dragged into toxicity.

This thread though has got me hyped and ill just keep an eye on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yeah, and it's worth saying they're being spread out of spite by some unhappy campers so they won't be marked.

I think its more than just an unhappy fan or a blogger looking for clicks. The spoiler info comes in the form of on set audio recordings, which is not something that normally gets leaked to the media so something fishy is afoot.
    Personally, I'm not too bothered as the franchise has been awful since the third movie onwards but if these leaks are accurate and I believe them to be so, Dark Fate is going to be an absolute dumpster fire of a movie.

Venom wrote: »
    I think its more than just an unhappy fan or a blogger looking for clicks. The spoiler info comes in the form of on set audio recordings, which is not something that normally gets leaked to the media so something fishy is afoot.
    Personally, I'm not too bothered as the franchise has been awful since the third movie onwards but if these leaks are accurate and I believe them to be so, Dark Fate is going to be an absolute dumpster fire of a movie.

Hmm, spoilers I saw came from an advanced screening and they're more or less confirmed.

That said, I wasn't doubting their veracity, I think we're probably talking about the same plot point. I was just saying that if you're trying to avoid spoilers, take extra care because people are actively trying to make you see them, like it or not, for their own personal beef reasons.

Personally, the more I think about thing X happening the more I think it might be exactly what the franchise needs. I was interested for Mackenzie Davis' sake before, but between the spoilers and the SDCC footage I think this might turn out to be a genuinely good blockbuster. They did themselves no favours with that first trailer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I hope it is good but as it seems to be designed with purposeful agendas in mind right down to the look of certain characters and where it is set so I hope there is a good story under it all and we are not hit over the head with "women are powerful" and "Boarders are bad" style messaging as all you are going to do is polarize film goers in a similar manner to The Last Jedi.

• Advertisement

I hope it is good but as it seems to be designed with purposeful agendas in mind right down to the look of certain characters and where it is set so I hope there is a good story under it all and we are not hit over the head with "women are powerful" and "Boarders are bad" style messaging as all you are going to do is polarize film goers in a similar manner to The Last Jedi.

I'm afraid you're going to be very disappointed and that's not even taking into account the spoilers which will disappoint and baffle even more TBH.

The whole plot takes place within about a day and half long chase, so there's not really much room for exploring that stuff in depth.

I'm slightly bewildered though at how many people seem incredulous that crossing the US-Mexican border features in a Terminator movie. It's a feature of both the "real" previous movies.

I'm fairly intrigued by what I've heard of the story, but It's an action movie, execution is all.

The whole plot takes place within about a day and half long chase, so there's not really much room for exploring that stuff in depth.

I'm slightly bewildered though at how many people seem incredulous that crossing the US-Mexican border features in a Terminator movie. It's a feature of both the "real" previous movies.

I'm fairly intrigued by what I've heard of the story, but It's an action movie, execution is all.

It's a lot more than just Sarah getting her pic taken or tooling up across the border this time; it's a commentary on, y'know, the whole Trump thing with the wall and border controls.

In a Terminator film. :rolleyes:

It's a lot more than just Sarah getting her pic taken or tooling up across the border this time; it's a commentary on, y'know, the whole Trump thing with the wall and border controls.

In a Terminator film. :rolleyes:

I hope there's a cup of sugary tea handy when you find out how T2 handles post Cold War arms racing, gaslighting, uniformed authority features, and a frightened, shrieky waitress turning herself into a guerrilla warrior capable of staging a successful terrorist attack on a major defense contractor.

Regardless, we don't know how it'll be handled. They have to cross the border - with said known-terrorist and another woman who is also a criminal, will have no papers and can't exactly waltz though a body scanner - and the logistics of that can't be handwaved away anyway.

I hope there's a cup of sugary tea handy when you find out how T2 handles post Cold War arms racing, gaslighting, uniformed authority features, and a frightened, shrieky waitress turning herself into a guerrilla warrior capable of staging a successful terrorist attack on a major defense contractor.

Regardless, we don't know how it'll be handled. They have to cross the border - with said known-terrorist and another woman who is also a criminal, will have no papers and can't exactly waltz though a body scanner - and the logistics of that can't be handwaved away anyway.

T2 very lightly touches on the industrial militarily complex but really it's driving themes are; what it means to be human and all that entails, abandonment, emotional loss and that's pretty much your lot.

It's a loud brash sci-fi action franchise and not some deep rooted political thriller series.

Indeed we don't know how it will be handled but we certainly know how it will be framed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,714 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

In one of the clips on the trailer you see migrants escaping an obvious detention camp in the background when they are under attack by the rev 9.

So yeah, there will be political messaging but I don't mind the odd scene so long as we are not hit over the head over and over again with political propaganda. Then it just gets annoying.

Lots of movies have subtle messaging but not many go OTT with it to the point where it distracts. Be hoping the same here.

I don't want that when I go see a movie. I just want to be entertained. I can watch CNN whenever I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Surely not a movie with political undertones? I'm shocked and absolutely appalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 eldeniro

I assume all the people who don't like political undertones in their movies also hated the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy for its hammer-to-a-nail approach to political symbolism, especially in the latter two films of the series

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

This is an obvious box office flop. Might even flop worse than X Men

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Unearthly wrote: »
    This is an obvious box office flop. Might even flop worse than X Men

If it's opening in China / Asia, it won't flop. It really couldn't be any worse than Genisys and in a world where the Transformers franchise continues, you can't be sure of quality vs. box office.

Advertisement