Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator: Dark Fate **Spoilers from post 983**

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Stark wrote: »
    I thought the urinal scene was brilliant :)

:D It's just a bit too T3 jokes-above-logic for me. Like, it's funny to use a Terminator's abilities like that but it makes no sense that it would. It's goofy.

A big chunk of what I loved about DF was that it took itself seriously in the way TSCC usually did - I blame T3 for the decline of the whole franchise post T2 because once you make elements of the franchise's toybox running in-jokes rather than just the stuff that happens in it, I don't think you can go back and make people take it seriously again easily. You can't make the T800 as scary or cool as he was in T1 or T2 after T3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Remind me, what happened then?

They were never going to destroy Skynet, Arnie just spoofed John that there was a possibility just so he could get him into the bunker in the mountain and survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They were never going to destroy Skynet, Arnie just spoofed John that there was a possibility just so he could get him into the bunker in the mountain and survive.

Oh yeah, that was a decent plotline to end the film. Pity about everything else.

I wonder of they did nothing after T2 would Cameron be tempted back to make his own T3.

Always liked Salvation myself. It wasnt bad but it had so much potential to be so much more.

Genysis or however you spell it was my least fav. Just bollox with very little to enjoy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The end of T3 I think is the best thing about the franchise post T2.....it's just a pity about the previous 2 hours or so.

To that I would add the first chase set piece of Dark Fate. I was fully onboard the film before it totally shat the bed halfway through and later with its finale. But in terms of a start, it was pretty punchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Oh yeah, that was a decent plotline to end the film. Pity about everything else.

I wonder of they did nothing after T2 would Cameron be tempted back to make his own T3.

Always liked Salvation myself. It wasnt bad but it had so much potential to be so much more.

Genysis or however you spell it was my least fav. Just bollox with very little to enjoy.

I prefer Salvation to Genysis and Dark Fate but at this point it's more famous for what it was supposed to be as opposed to what we ended up getting.

It's interesting that Bale intervening and insisting John didn't die kind of ruined the film, only for John to be killed off in Cameron's return to the franchise.

I mean it's crazy when you think about it; McG had a better idea for John dying than Cameron did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I loved it at the time and it had a lot of cool ideas to explore, but increasingly I think it hasn't aged well. Not just effects wise, but because it had a weird schizophrenic tone and pacing, and some stuff, like a talking Endo and the secret urinal t1000, is too goofy to look past.

I wouldn’t be averse to a rebooted version of it with a lot less network interference and filler episodes though, I think it could be legitimately worthwhile. Those writers etc are all still around and working, Friedman even worked on DF.
    Whats the talking Endo? I remember the urinal alright! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats the talking Endo? I remember the urinal alright! :D

There's a bit where the baddy Terminator has lost all its skin so it strongarms a human to help it make more to disguise itself.

My memory's hazy but we're either shown or have it implied that it's still able to speak without a tongue or lips. I get that a Terminator's voice is probably electronic, it just struck me as a fair silly idea that they could be walking around like Skeletor chatting away goodo. The movies were imho pretty careful to have silent endos for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

There's a bit where the baddy Terminator has lost all its skin so it strongarms a human to help it make more to disguise itself.

My memory's hazy but we're either shown or have it implied that it's still able to speak without a tongue or lips. I get that a Terminator's voice is probably electronic, it just struck me as a fair silly idea that they could be walking around like Skeletor chatting away goodo. The movies were imho pretty careful to have silent endos for that reason.
    I actually didnt mind that bit with the skin it was an okay scene, it was like a throwback to when Scotty and McCoy gave the formula for transparent aluminium to the glass company guy in Star Trek. Plus we know the terminators have voice synthesizers not tongues and vocal cords, Arnie and the T1000 pretending to be John and his foster mother etc.

Advertisement