Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork to Duncannon

Options
  • 22-03-2016 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. We've booked a week in Duncannon for later in the year.
    I just found out that One of our group will have to take public transport from cork on a Saturday evening. I'd pick them up from the bus/train stop.
    What would be the quickest and most efficient way of doing this? I see bus eireann run a service to Waterford. It then goes on to Wexford. Would that be a decent option? It seems to be a very long drive according to google maps. Are there any train stations close by?

While I'm starting the thread, any great things to do around Duncannon on a quiet family trip? Places to eat, walk etc? Outdoor markets or local food sales? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

In my view you'd be best going to pick them up in Waterford - get the Passage East Ferry over

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Best option is Dublin coach m9 service from cork to waterford quick enough run from Duncannon to Waterford by car then

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

Would suggest:
    Bus Éireann Expressway route 40: 14.40 ex Cork, arr. Waterford (Bus Stn) 16.55

Then Bus Éireann local route 370 to Duncannon, departs Waterford Bus Stn. 18.00 arriving Duncannon around 18.55

The bus pulls up in the centre of the village.

40 timetable
    370 timetable

There's no through ticket Cork to Duncannon but I think the ticket machines in Cork can issue a Cork-Wellingtonbridge ticket which may work out cheaper than separate Cork-Waterford and Waterford-Duncannon tickets.

Online Cork-Waterford single is around 15, monthly return around 18
    Waterford to Duncannon single is 8.80 and 15.50 for a return (can be bought from both the ticket machines in Waterford Bus Stn and from the driver)

Until 2010 it was possible to travel Cork to Campile by rail but the Waterford city to Rosslare port train was withdrawn.

Talking of Campile there is a memorial to the 1940 bombing in the village.

https://hookpeninsula.com/

Advertisement