Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Trade-in?

• 22-03-2016 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Am very tempted to buy the new iphone SE direct from Apple when it becomes available on the 29th March.
    My current iphone is the 5s, but it's only 16gb, so have run out of storage for photos etc on it.

I noticed a link on the Apple page offering trade-in quotes. I had to submit my IMEI & a few other details before being told that I could get a €135 Apple voucher in return for sending back my iphone (free postage).

I know that I'd be without a phone for a while, but does anyone have any experience of doing this? I really don't want the hassle of selling my phone privately.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Am very tempted to buy the new iphone SE direct from Apple when it becomes available on the 29th March.
    My current iphone is the 5s, but it's only 16gb, so have run out of storage for photos etc on it.

I noticed a link on the Apple page offering trade-in quotes. I had to submit my IMEI & a few other details before being told that I could get a €135 Apple voucher in return for sending back my iphone (free postage).

I know that I'd be without a phone for a while, but does anyone have any experience of doing this? I really don't want the hassle of selling my phone privately.

You would make more by selling it on the likes of adverts than doing it this way. There is no hassle at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

CEX would give you 154 in cash for it so I would not be taking the 135 for it thats for sure.

Advertisement