Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update Address/ Activating Mobile

Options
  • 22-03-2016 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi,

Trying to get a statement sent out to my new address but I can't update my address because my phone isn't activated (even though I use my phone number to log in?).

When I try to activate my phone, it tells me to input a seven digit code. I have no code and I don't have a clue when it was send out to me. So I input the code wrong 3 times (like the FAQ said to do) and it is going to send me out a new code, to the wrong address.

Went in to switch addresses manually at the nearest branch and they told me it was all online, but I can't do it because of this my phone isn't activated.

Is there any other way I can update my address without having to try and contact my old house to see if they get anything for me in the post?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Ninjavampire, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties updating your address. As you mobile number is not yet activated to receive codes, you can complete a 'Change of Address' form and return it to us. We have a very informative Sticky here which will provide you with all the information you will need and the link to the form itself. 

Once updated, you can then activate your mobile by requesting that the 7 digit code be issued to your new address. This will allow you to add payees and activate any future change of address within minutes. Just to mention, the last 4 digits of your telephone number which is required upon log in, is the number registered for contact only. 

We hope this helps and if you require anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement