Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FS] Disc Cover for Mavic Ksyrium

Options
  • 22-03-2016 3:45pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭

unwanted reminder today that i need to move this on.

have a disc cover for a ksyrium elite bought from wheelbuilder in the US for sale. bought May last year, used for 3 races until i acquired a full disc. sat in the box since then. in perfect nick, has a full set of spare mounting hardware unused, plus the original set which has been used but in perfect working order.

ordered to fit a ksyrium wheel, . Ksyriums are pretty common though and come up pretty regularly for sale new and second hand, meaning this is a pretty cheap way to get a disc setup which offers almost all of the advantages of a full disc.

looking for 75 euros for the disc and two mounting sets . that's a fairly sizeable discount on what you'll pay to get one into the country, and given how little it was used is a pretty bargain price.

EDIT: Checked with wheelbuilder, will not work with Aksiums

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I'd be interested if I could be 100% it would work without modification on an Aksium. Their website seems to suggest so but it's not quite 100% confirmation - if anyone knows?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i've pinged wheelbuilder to ask them will it fit. will update soon as i hear, the automatic response said a reply within 48 hours

okay, reply from wheelbuilder. not going to work i'm afraid, the ksyriums are a deeper rim than the aksiums by almsot 10mm so neither the edges nor the mounting holes will line up correctly.

bit surprised as i thought they were the same. but anyway, least now can say 100% it won't work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Thanks Mossy, wouldn't have thought it was as much as 10mm but I've learned something. I'll hunt around for a Ksyrium in the meantime as I would love a wheel cover for the season ahead.

had to recheck the email when you said that, it's 5mm not 10mm, read it too early in the morning, but the outcome pretty much the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Just swap your Ksyrium with his Aksium.

Sorted.

bumping this as i realised over the weekend i still had it. still for sale

Advertisement