Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverfest 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

jbkenn wrote: »
    "That kayaking crowd" are a small adventure sports company called GetWest set up by Paul (not from Limerick) who has put his money where Limerick people put their mouth, knowing Paul as I do, whatever he does as his contribution to Riverfest he will give it 100%.

Hi Paul ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

"Putting money where Limerick people put their mouth"

I hope Paul doesn't consider this his business mantra or he will quickly find Limerick people will be very quick to put their money as far away from Paul's business as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Red King wrote: »
    "Putting money where Limerick people put their mouth"

I hope Paul doesn't consider this his business mantra or he will quickly find Limerick people will be very quick to put their money as far away from Paul's business as possible.

I would doubt he does, my point is Paul did something, all we do in Limerick is talk about doing something, or somebody else should do something, the options for using the river for water related activities are limited by the tidal nature of the Shannon, hence there is very little use made of the river, I crossed the river yesterday and even the swans were walking home the tide was out so far.

Have you any plan for river related activities?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Hi Paul ;)

Sorry to disappoint, not Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

zulutango wrote: »
    Jet-skiing and power boating is not the way to 'embrace the river'. If those ignorant things are blasting up and down the Shannon I won't be going near it. I don't think the people organising Riverfest have any idea about the river and Limerick whatsoever. What are the bets we'll have a big loud tannoy with some phoney Live95fm dj screaming at us all day long ..

Who said anything about power boats and them blasting up and down the river?? Could you direct us please?

• Advertisement

jbkenn wrote: »
    I would doubt he does, my point is Paul did something, all we do in Limerick is talk about doing something, or somebody else should do something, the options for using the river for water related activities are limited by the tidal nature of the Shannon, hence there is very little use made of the river, I crossed the river yesterday and even the swans were walking home the tide was out so far.

Have you any plan for river related activities?

Who is we? Speak for yourself, thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Hows the weather looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

bigpink wrote:
    Hows the weather looking

Too early to say

A week out the forecast is looking grim - cold, overcast and rain.

I hope it improves

Any idea is the village family zone or beibg run by a beer company?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

bigpink wrote: »
    Any idea is the village family zone or beibg run by a beer company?

Hasn't Riverfest always being run by a beer company, with it being in a more open location now in the park I'd say it could be a family zone.

I know one thing is certain that the new Jack Mondays will make a killing during Riverfest.

Hasn't Riverfest always being run by a beer company, with it being in a more open location now in the park I'd say it could be a family zone.

I know one thing is certain that the new Jack Mondays will make a killing during Riverfest.

Yeah good move i wonder is it just a shortbterm let get in for riverfest and summer

Yeah good move i wonder is it just a shortbterm let get in for riverfest and summer

Think they are there for the long term depending how good business is. My brother in law done a job recently for Pat the guy who owns Jack Mondays in the new place and said the way Pat was talking is that they are fully behind having two premises and not looking to get in for the quick buck and back out again.

Think they are there for the long term depending how good business is. My brother in law done a job recently for Pat the guy who owns Jack Mondays in the new place and said the way Pat was talking is that they are fully behind having two premises and not looking to get in for the quick buck and back out again.

Good to hear
    I went to the jack mondays by the treaty stone coffee was grand but wrap not even a side salad for 7 euros pure rip off and no customers in there not surprised.Strange place for a up market coffee shop
    Can see them moving fully to the park

Good to hear
    I went to the jack mondays by the treaty stone coffee was grand but wrap not even a side salad for 7 euros pure rip off and no customers in there not surprised.Strange place for a up market coffee shop

I think it does good business actually, I've often seen it packed at times when passing and empty other times, like most places it depends on what time of the day it is.

Must be doing something right to still be open and opening a second store especially after being hit bad by the floods two years ago.

Good to hear
    Can see them moving fully to the park

That'll never happen. Jack Mondays by the Treaty Stone is doing a roaring trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

It is nevsail watersports doing the limerick kayaking tours btw, saw they are doing free kayaking, sup & boat tours from hunt museum both Saturday & Sunday on their Facebook page.

Heard all the traders entry fees are more than doubled this year, meaning they have to up their prices to cover costs!! When you are being charged €6 for a burger or €3.5 for a coffee, ask why the council are allowing this non Limerick based events management company rip off Limerick people, whom ultimately pay the price!!

Plus any truth that the events management company have subcontracted the organisation to a 3rd party??

Any idea whats on for it yet?

Any idea whats on for it yet?

http://www.limerick.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/riverfest_limerick_2016_brochure.pdf

Found that on their Facebook page, seems to be a few things on and looks decent. I've never being to any of the Riverfest's before so wouldn't know how that line up compares to other years.

Looks the same as ever alto at least a few river things

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

i suppose it'll be the usual over-priced burgers and frankfurters ??

No bars advertised so that may be better for a family friendly area

Walked past tge village last night seems to be the same set up as the Galway Christmas Market with the wooden huts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

According to today's leader the price of having a stall has gone from approx €450 to between €1,100 and €1,700. That is absolutely scandalous for an event that doesn't even advertise properly.

Gougers. No surprise, just another part of the farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Anyone been to the village?
    What's there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Looks much much better than previous years, maybe the rise in price is a good thing if it means all the balloon and cheap tat stalls are now gone.

Walked around it quick exact same as Galway christmas market just smaller
    The beer tables have been given huge room but no cover at all
    Big glass german pint glasses really should be plastic
    Looks better in the park tho

• Advertisement

Walked around it quick exact same as Galway christmas market just smaller
    The beer tables have been given huge room but no cover at all
    Big glass german pint glasses really should be plastic
    Looks better in the park tho