Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finnegan's Sandyford Route

• 22-03-2016 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering about the Sandyford Finnegan's bus. Tried searching this forum but mostly got info about the night bus.

Sorry for the barrage of questions but:

Is there any timetables online? their site is very poor with information.

Is there monthly/yearly tickets available and what's the fare? would be getting from Vevay Road.

How long roughly does it take? needing to be in Sandyford for 8:30am and leaving around 5-6pm.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Here is the relevant page on their website:
    http://www.finnegan-bray.ie/southern-cross-route

No timetables though.

You could always email them buses@finnegan-bray.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeah that was the page I was looking at. Will email them tonight. Must actually look at the stops and see if there's any timetables affixed to them. It's not looking like a reliable service at the moment though :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Vic_08

The service is showing on the TFI journey planner although it won't display a full timetable for the route.

It appears to be hourly, departing Bray Main Street on the hour.

AFAIR the route does start on Southern Cross via Vevay Rd but the journey planner doesn't seem to show that.

The standard of information for some of these services is awful, what sort of operator doesn't even bother to put their timetables on their own website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

It's definitely running anyway, it came through Shankill at 8.10am, that's probably too late for 8.30am in Sandyford would it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,836 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Here's the Sandyford Route timetable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Lana96

This Information is so helpful as the finnegans website is really lacking in information with regards to its daily route. Does anyone know how much it costs? I would be getting on at Cabinteely going to Sandyford... and is this bus reliable? on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lana96

I would also like info on the cost of a weekly / monthly ticket too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭danois

Lana96 wrote: »
    This Information is so helpful as the finnegans website is really lacking in information with regards to its daily route. Does anyone know how much it costs? I would be getting on at Cabinteely going to Sandyford... and is this bus reliable? on time?

I can't help with price. I used to only catch it as far as the dart station i can tell you that it's not at all reliable. It was late more often than not. It also broke down regularly. So much so I no longer even attempt to use it. It may have improved but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 robertsirl

3 euro bray to sandyford

arrived one minute early, and was only delayed due to the dublin bus chaos.

Advertisement