Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 9.3 certain web pages zoomed in when loaded

• 22-03-2016 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭

I saw this in all the iOS 9.3 betas, and wasn't an issue with iOS 9.2.1.
    When some web pages are loaded now with Safari, they're zoomed in too much. I have to manually scale them back to fit the screen again.

This is especially noticeable in the "talk to.." section of this site...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=241

Noticed it too on a few sites like soundcloud too.

Anyone got this too?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

stoksyXL wrote: »
    I saw this in all the iOS 9.3 betas, and wasn't an issue with iOS 9.2.1.
    When some web pages are loaded now with Safari, they're zoomed in too much. I have to manually scale them back to fit the screen again.

This is especially noticeable in the "talk to.." section of this site...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=241

Noticed it too on a few sites like soundcloud too.

Anyone got this too?

Just updated air 2. No issues with your link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

dodzy wrote: »
    Just updated air 2. No issues with your link.

If I click on the link, page loads fine, but if I go into one of the sections like three or meteor that's when the pages are loading zoomed in.
    Have a look and see if it's the same...
    http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1367

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

If I click on the link, page loads fine, but if I go into one of the sections like three or meteor that's when the pages are loading zoomed in.
    Have a look and see if it's the same...
    http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1367

No issues, all good here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

When I open boards, it's zoomed into the top left corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

It happens for me too.

I've always had this though, as far as I know it's because the talk to me section isn't optimised for mobile devices. So it switches from the touch site to the normal boards one. Don't think they have a touch enabled version for that.

On other websites this could be the same unless they have a mobile version.

Some websites will load zoomed when there's no mobile version, but I always found it was down to how the website was coded as opposed to an iOS issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

If I go to the full site and to the talk to section it's zoomed in but I always use the touch site on my iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

DubDJ wrote: »
    It happens for me too.

I've always had this though, as far as I know it's because the talk to me section isn't optimised for mobile devices. So it switches from the touch site to the normal boards one. Don't think they have a touch enabled version for that.

On other websites this could be the same unless they have a mobile version.

Some websites will load zoomed when there's no mobile version, but I always found it was down to how the website was coded as opposed to an iOS issue.

Get what you're saying. But before the latest update to 9.3 all was working fine, never had this issue before. Assumed Apple changed something in Safari settings behind the scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Get what you're saying. But before the latest update to 9.3 all was working fine, never had this issue before. Assumed Apple changed something in Safari settings behind the scenes.

Have you tried to reset your cache setting under Settings -> Safari -> Clear History and Website Data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

The actual 'talk to' section works ok for me but clicking into one of the subforums shows it zoomed in. Suspect it's a vbulletin issue.

Advertisement