Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 3

Options
  • 22-03-2016 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭

Releasing later this year, devs did an interview talking about Season 3

SPOILERS FROM SEASON 1 AND SEASON 2!!!

http://mashable.com/2016/03/22/walking-dead-season-3-telltale-first-details/#KyQzSlMBkZq5

It sounds like they know they had a lot of different endings at season 2 so instead of giving everyone a custom starting point, they will have a start with a different character that probably witnesses a few different endings and comments on them, my theory anyway.

I just hope Clem is still the main point of the story. I didn't even play the Michonne season yet but I'd probably pick it up asap if I heard Clem was in it.

I'll have to look back and see what options I chose at the end of Season 2 but I remember refusing to go into the compound and me, the baby and Kenny took off into the wilderness. It's mad in the 1st season, I was trying to kill Kenny any chance I could and now we're a tag team. He'll never replace Lee though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not interested in another character.

Clem or nothing, Telltale!

Needs more Wolf Among Us season 2 I think ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Christ, talk about milking the IP.

Also Season 2 spoilers in OP?

eDIT: I didn't see the warning, I'm immune to 10 points of Bold Text

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cormac... wrote: »
    Christ, talk about milking the IP.

Also Season 2 spoilers in OP?

Hence the warning
    SPOILERS FROM SEASON 1 AND SEASON 2!!!

Also the story isn't finished, it was open for season 3 at the end.

Oh I absolutely will get Season Three (when all the episodes have been released, so I don't have to wait in between) just based on the ending of #2.

I don't necessarily think they're milking this particular IP, because apparently Michonne was pretty good (?) and 400 Days was a pretty great filler between #1 and #2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Just played the first episode of the borderlands game and while I liked it I think because Borderlands has more of a open story scope to it, it was better. How did you guys find the walking dead

Some info

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2016/04/25/telltales-the-walking-dead-robert-kirkman-interview
    Season 3 of the Telltale series is really exciting to me just because the way that the timeline works, season three will actually be getting pretty close to where we are in the comics concurrently, like the books that are coming out now are roughly in the same time frame that season three will be in. There’s a lot of really cool, really exciting things coming that I don’t think people will expect.

I think, similar to the Michonne series, there will probably be some more comic book elements that will be working into things in some interesting ways. I don’t want to reveal too much, but it’ll definitely go hand in hand with the comics a little bit more than season two did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,965 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

astonaidan wrote: »
    Just played the first episode of the borderlands game and while I liked it I think because Borderlands has more of a open story scope to it, it was better. How did you guys find the walking dead

I finished playing Season 1 a few days ago and it was brilliant to play. You should give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Will be revealed on Sunday 12th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Needs more Wolf Among Us season 2 I think ;)

Oh man, c'mon Telltale, quit holding out!

• Advertisement

I'm getting a bit worried about the wording, sounding like you won't be controlling Clem but she'll be involved some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Cleeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmm

I wonder what the mark signifies.

Also Clem is missing half a finger like someone cut it off.

I wonder whether it follows the events in the comics/TV show and might be the Wolves?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Had no idea it will be available on iOS and Android!!! Awesome!!!

New info on season 3

https://telltale.com/news/2016/07/more-details-on-third-season-of-the-walking-dead-emerge-during-sdcc/

Also just realised my save file is on ps3 so won't be able to move my decisions. Anyone know of season 2 asked you to pick choices of you haven't played season 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    New info on season 3

https://telltale.com/news/2016/07/more-details-on-third-season-of-the-walking-dead-emerge-during-sdcc/

Also just realised my save file is on ps3 so won't be able to move my decisions. Anyone know of season 2 asked you to pick choices of you haven't played season 1?

If you hadn't played Season 1 or didn't carry over a save etc, Season 2 simply had a set of base choices it would proceed with as if you had played it. I presume it'll be the same for Season 3, if you don't carry over a save, there'll be a standard set of choices it'll pretend you chose.

Like choice matters in a telltale game :pac:

• Advertisement

Doodleking wrote: »
    Had no idea it will be available on iOS and Android!!! Awesome!!!

Oh god no. The thought of quick time events on an Android/iPhone seems horrendous.

Penn wrote: »
    If you hadn't played Season 1 or didn't carry over a save etc, Season 2 simply had a set of base choices it would proceed with as if you had played it. I presume it'll be the same for Season 3, if you don't carry over a save, there'll be a standard set of choices it'll pretend you chose.

Aw man, season 2 had a lot of different endings. I'm sure it will wrap them all into a similar starting for season 3 anyway as it looks like some years have passed so I'm sure won't be too bad.

Looking good

13781825_1253149661375575_3899816005710313264_n.jpg?oh=fc84785eab747cbf5ffd95fc0ceaed21&oe=5819370E

New engine better = No stuttering

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Interesting new game mechanic
    Anyone who accidentally smells Clementine's hat instantly becomes a walker

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

December... Clementine is now a teenager. :)

The first of five episodes will be available to purchase on Dec. 20 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Xbox 360, and the PlayStation 3. The episode will also be available to purchase for iOS and Android compatible devices. On Feb. 7, players who are interested in picking up the season pass disc can do so for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/22/13714098/telltale-the-walking-dead-season-3-release-date

Instant season pass purchase. Can not wait.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Instant season pass purchase. Can not wait.

Season pass is around €20 on the Canadian PSN store and you get Season 2 and Walking Dead Michonne for free

• Advertisement

Season pass is around €20 on the Canadian PSN store and you get Season 2 and Walking Dead Michonne for free

That's crazy, never played the michonne one. Is that like a sale deal or prerder deal?

Advertisement