Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singled out for infraction.

Options
  • 22-03-2016 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

I posted what has been termed an uncivil comment on an after hours thread. Spoke to the Mod in question as to how other comments were equally uncivil and received no infraction. I was told to report them myself.

Is this how it works around here? Different rules for different users?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi Internet Ham,

Can you confirm that you have attempted to follow the first steps in the process outlined above? In other words, have you attempted to contact the mod(s) in question to resolve the matter via PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Internet Ham

I did. Like I said above, I was told if I had a problem with another post I could report it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi IH
    I can look into this for you. Please forward to me your pm correspondence with the relevant mod along with anything else that you deem relevant.

PR

PM'd you there PR.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thanks.
    I have also contacted the relevant mod and think I have everything I need.
    Let me review and I will post again here tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement

Hi Internet Ham

Are you appealing your infraction or is this feedback about other posts that were not actioned?
    I cannot address other posters here but can move the thread to a more suitable location if that is what you want.

If you are appealing your infraction then please outline the basis of your appeal without referrring to other posts/posters.

Thx
    PR

The basis of the appeal is that for some reason the rules were upheld against myself and not others. How much clearer can I describe my issue? Why were the rules only applied to me and not to the poster whom I directed my comment at or the poster behind me who called the poster a dip****?

Forget it. I can see your point. My comment may have been uncivil but it was restrained considering what I was replying to. I was warned that the mod team on here was ridiculous and I have to agree the warnings were true. The crux of the issue is the rules were applied to me but to other posters there were no repercussions for similar unsavory remarks. So my question has been answered, that is how it works around here. You keep scratching each others backs.

The basis of the appeal is that for some reason the rules were upheld against myself and not others. How much clearer can I describe my issue? Why were the rules only applied to me and not to the poster whom I directed my comment at or the poster behind me who called the poster a dip****?

The rules are applied to all posters but the actions may vary depending on the situation. Now I have no idea whether the post you mentioned was actioned or not. Did you report it?
    I think you misunderstand how the site works. After Hours has many hundreds of posts a day. It is not possible for our VOLUNTEER mods to read every single post aswell as holding down fulltime jobs or studying. The mods rely on the users to self police the fora they are involved in thereby making the user experience more pleasant for the vast majority of posters who know how to have civil discussion (99% of users never end up in DRP).
    Forget it. I can see your point. My comment may have been uncivil but it was restrained considering what I was replying to.
    You are not a mod. You do not get to decide what is civil in the context of the site rules. Your role is to report the posts and allow the mods to do their job rather than dragging the thread down from civil discussion into a slagging match. If that is what you are looking for then this is not the site for you.
    I was warned that the mod team on here was ridiculous and I have to agree the warnings were true. The crux of the issue is the rules were applied to me but to other posters there were no repercussions for similar unsavory remarks. So my question has been answered, that is how it works around here. You keep scratching each others backs.
    I never reached a conclusion on this appeal but as you seem to accept that your post was uncivil then there is nothing more to appeal.

Please confirm that you do not wish to appeal further and I can mark this as resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No response from OP in over 2 weeks. Marking as resolved.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement