Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction

Options
  • 22-03-2016 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭

Received an infraction earlier which I feel was unwarranted. It was in After Hours, I had said that if an Irish woman wanted to move back to the Middle East with her husband and live like a savage that was her choice.

I asked the mod why I was infracted, and he explained that not all "migrants were savages" etc. I explained to him that my comment was in the context of women's rights in that part of the world. For example, getting stoned to death for adultery/being raped, not being allowed to drive.

In my opinion these ARE savage conditions for women to live under, I never called Muslims or anyone savages. So I feel agrieved that I was infracted and banned from posting.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi weldoninhio,

Can you confirm that you have attempted to follow the first steps in the process outlined above? In other words, have you attempted to contact the mod(s) in question to resolve the matter via PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

dudara wrote: »
    Hi weldoninhio,

Can you confirm that you have attempted to follow the first steps in the process outlined above? In other words, have you attempted to contact the mod(s) in question to resolve the matter via PM?

I did indeed, he pointed me in this direction.

I did indeed, he pointed me in this direction.

Reply from Mod: "You were asked "So the doctors working in hospitals? The lecturer in a university? Every single person who is even related to a migrant?"

With regards to sending all migrants home and followed it with "Yes, all of them. The Irish woman can choose if she wants to live like a savage with her hubby wherever his father came from or she can live in a civilised country."

Fortunately migrants aren't all savages and don't "live like a savage". You aren't welcome in the thread. If you have an issue with the card go to DRP."

My reply stated what I said in the OP here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hello weldoninhio, I will look into this with you.

Will you please forward me the PM conversation you had with the Mod in question?

Thank you.

PM's received, thanks weldoninhio.

Leave it with me while I chat with the Mod and investigate further.

• Advertisement

Received an infraction earlier which I feel was unwarranted. It was in After Hours, I had said that if an Irish woman wanted to move back to the Middle East with her husband and live like a savage that was her choice.

I asked the mod why I was infracted, and he explained that not all "migrants were savages" etc. I explained to him that my comment was in the context of women's rights in that part of the world. For example, getting stoned to death for adultery/being raped, not being allowed to drive.

In my opinion these ARE savage conditions for women to live under, I never called Muslims or anyone savages. So I feel agrieved that I was infracted and banned from posting.

Thanks.

Hello weldoninhio,

After review of the the thread in question and having a PM conversation with the Mod, my decision is below.
    Yes, all of them. The Irish woman can choose if she wants to live like a savage with her hubby wherever his father came from or she can live in a civilised country.

Above is what was said on thread.
    When you received an infraction, you changed your tune via PM and again here saying it was taken out of context.
    If you are going to make comments like above, it is solely your responsibility to make yourself very clear in what you are saying/trying to say.
    It came across in a way that all migrants are savages/live like savages and live in an uncivilised country, this is not on, under any circumstances.
    It is far too easy to say, it was taken out of context, this is what I meant to say after you have received an infraction.
    Your tone was borderline in parts of that thread in relation to migrants before the infraction, you were very lucky not to have been banned outright by the mods.

On reflection of thread review and above I will be upholding the infraction.

Take Care,

LEIN

Is it okay to mark this as resolved?

LEIN wrote: »
    Is it okay to mark this as resolved?

Yep

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement