Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad/Iphone connected to wifi but no internet (but have internet on pc)

• 23-03-2016 8:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is best posted here, or in the general computer forum. My laptop (windows 10) has wifi and is connected to the internet. My ipad and iphone are also picking up the wifi signal, but are not connecting to the internet. I don't know if it's relevant, but the email on my laptop is not connecting to the server to get new emails and I'm also having trouble with vuze/utorrent connecting to peers.

i've done nothing new to the computer. About 8 days ago I seemed to have mistakenly installed a (pay once the trial is over) upgrade of AVG, however I everything was still working fine until late Monday evening when vuze stopped connecting. Last night I removed the trial of AVG and reinstalled just the free version. Not sure if the phone & ipad were working before that, but last night when I went to bed they weren't. I did also install utorrent yesterday to see if that would work instead of vuze but no luck.

I tried resetting the network connections on the ipad, but that hasn't made any difference.

Any ideas on what is wrong & how I can fix it as it is going to drive me bonkers :(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Got home for work and noticed that utorrent had downloaded a programme during the day and that I could connect to email again. However ipad still not working. A bit of googling around and one thread said to change the DNS from 192.168.1.1 to 4.2.2.4 which I did and it's now working. I haven't tried the iphone yet. Not sure why it wasn't working, but just glad it is and hope it stays that way!

Advertisement