Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you change the parking light bulb on an E90? (pic)

• 23-03-2016 9:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭

Forgive me if this seems a little simple but it's a lot harder when you're trying to do it! The passenger side parking light went on my BMW E90 LCI and I'm trying to change the bulb - the manual is no use as it give's me an entirely different diagram. Also the local motor factors and the local Halfords were unable to help.

I've attached a pic of the back of the light housing. I am assuming the parking bulb is the one in the silver bulb holder but this is impossible to pull out, and it looks like the entire holder is screwed in with some weird screws?

Can anyone help...is it possible to actually pull the bulb out or do I need to unscrew the holder?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pic is on its side
    There is a wire clip holding everything in place, it's on the top of the silver bulb.
    This usually pushes to one side so bulb becomes free, you may have to pinch a section of it to make it able to move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

biko wrote: »
    Pic is on its side
    There is a wire clip holding everything in place, it's on the top of the silver bulb.
    This usually pushes to one side so bulb becomes free, you may have to pinch a section of it to make it able to move.

Hi Biko, I can't see any clips anywhere. The silver bulb seems screwed into the holder. The white plastic sticking out seems moveable but I can't get that out either :(

IMG_1418.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

Thanks but no joy, nothing will move :(

It'll have to be a garage or dealer job!

Strange. Maybe some e90 owner can help.
    I'll throw this into general Motors forum for better exposure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Access panel in the front wheel arch??

Elessar wrote: »
    Forgive me if this seems a little simple but it's a lot harder when you're trying to do it! The passenger side parking light went on my BMW E90 LCI and I'm trying to change the bulb - the manual is no use as it give's me an entirely different diagram. Also the local motor factors and the local Halfords were unable to help.

I've attached a pic of the back of the light housing. I am assuming the parking bulb is the one in the silver bulb holder but this is impossible to pull out, and it looks like the entire holder is screwed in with some weird screws?

Can anyone help...is it possible to actually pull the bulb out or do I need to unscrew the holder?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

LCI model so angel eyes yeah?
    Different set up to the pre LCI E90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭ShanE90

I'm not too sure from the pic if you have xenons or if it's the same in the LCI but I changed mine and it's a bit of a pain you need to take the wheel off and the wheel lining out to access the bulb, it's in its own little cover at the bottom of the headlight...and not really visible from the bonnet side either! Have a look at the video think it should be the same for E90s with xenons and LCIs...

http://youtu.be/72nuNNbIixE

Advertisement