Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re re-issued bill

Options
  • 23-03-2016 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there

I have an electricity account which had been issued with bills based on estimated readings for approx. 1 year.

I finally got an actual reading, and a revised bill has been issued - however the refund/credit amount is far smaller than I was expecting.

The different in units between the most recent estimated reading and the recent actual reading was 1211.  Units (according to the most recent bill) cost 0.1609c.  By my calculations that should amount to €194.85, and that's before VAT, so I was expecting a credit in excess of €200.

However, the credit amount on the newly issued bill is €132.  The amount shown as "due" on the online account is €292.  

The PSO levy and standing charges have stayed the same the whole period.

Instead of calculating the unit difference, and simply crediting that to my account, EI seem to have re-issued/re-calculated the bills since the last actual reading (April 2015) and there is now a blizzard of figures on the newly issued bill, which make very little sense to me, except that I seem to have got a far smaller credit than I was expecting.

Can someone possibly explain this to me?

Also, can someone explain the "due" amount of €292?  There has been no electricity used whatsoever for a period of almost one year, except for one weekend.

Thank you very much, and apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but honestly that new bill is just incomprehensible to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Good morning HeidiHeidi,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Customers are always billed from one reading to another. Therefore, meter readings will have to changed where an actual or customer reading is lower than the estimated reading or readings on file. In these cases, the account will have to be rebilled to the last actual or customer meter reading. This will ensure that we take into account any discounts, carbon tax (in the case of gas), price changes, P.S.O. levy (in the case of electricity), standing charges and of course V.A.T. during the period being corrected.

We can certainly check that you have been billed correctly. We will require the following information by private message to do so:
    • your full name as it appears on your account
    • your account number
    • the first line of your address
    • your contact number or date of birth
    • confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

PM sent. 

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hello again HeidiHeidi,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We have received your private message and we will respond as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement