Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech GS613 sensors How long do they last ?

Options
  • 23-03-2016 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Recently I've been having to Replace Aritech GS612/3 sensors. And again Last night the bleeding alarm went off again. Different Zone. This will be the 4th Sensor I've changed in about 4 months. How long do these sensors last?

Alarm was HKC 8/12 but we upgraded to HKC 1070. All the Windows have Aritech GS612/3 sensors. There Sensors were put in 11 years ago.

Is there a more reliable sensor to use ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

How are you identifying what sensors you are replacing?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

KoolKid wrote: »
    How are you identifying what sensors you are replacing?

Unhooking from the Zone and using a Multi-meter and check each of the sensors.

Gary

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try connecting the multimeter to the cables at the panel this will test the resistance on the entire loop. Also remove any end of line resistors.This will give a more accurate reading.
    Having said that there is no set life span on these devices. Some could be faulty after 5 years other could be still working perfectly after 15 years.

Try connecting the multimeter to the cables at the panel this will test the resistance on the entire loop. Also remove any end of line resistors.This will give a more accurate reading.
    Having said that there is no set life span on these devices. Some could be faulty after 5 years other could be still working perfectly after 15 years.

Just tested now very short run was at 4.3 holms on multi hit the sensor and went up to 1 and didnt come down for a while then went down to 3 and was bouncing around put new sensor in worked perfect

Did a walk test to check job done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

GE GS613'2 or Aritech 713's or Itec 323's as they have been labeled over the last 30 odd years are proabably the best inertia shock sensors on the market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The 612/613 have been rubish for a few years now. I mainly use HKC's sensors and don't have any issues with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

kub wrote: »
    GE GS613'2 or Aritech 713's or Itec 323's as they have been labeled over the last 30 odd years are proabably the best inertia shock sensors on the market

Not any more Kub. I've replaced a good few that were only a few years old. They certainly don't make them like they used too.

I also noticec that the 2 pins on the inside of the cover were very tarnished

The 611 & 711 are the only ones I have any problems with .I'd agree with Kub 613s are the best & most reliable I've found over the years.

Advertisement