Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warnings and Bans Getting a little too much

Options
  • 23-03-2016 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

I just received a warning because of a post in accommodation and property forum, by athtrasna for saying “Did you take a bite out of the salmon of knowledge testcount jes I hope not everyone thinks like that.. landlords should not be aloud get away with stuff like this..” Why does that deserve a warning in fairness.

I got banned a few weeks ago for saying women can be evil, and just this week in another forum people were saying that men are more or less wominsers and knock women down, which was stangely enough said by mods.. Seem to be a little hit and miss no.. One rule for you and one rule for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi Milly33,

Can you confirm that you have attempted to follow the first steps in the process outlined above? In other words, have you attempted to contact the mod(s) in question to resolve the matter via PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yep they said my a post was an attack

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

One of the Society & Culture CMods will look into this DRP for you.

Thank you

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi Milly33, I'll be looking into this for you. Can I just get you to confirm which mod action you are disputing? Is it just the warning in Accommodation & Property, or are there others as well?

• Advertisement

Hi Toots the accommodation one I suppose as the others are done and dusted.. Just seems a little OTT to put a warning in for that..

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Grand so, thanks for clarifying.

Hi Milly33, I've spoken to athrasna and agreed that we will reverse the warning. I'll send up a reversal request now, however it might be a day or so for the warning to come off your account.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That's reversed for you now. I'll leave this thread open for the moment in case the OP wants to add anything.

Hello Toots thank you very much for sorthing this out. I get I can make comments sometimes that arent great but just thought there was no need this time.. Thanks again to all Happy easter to ye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Marking this as resolved so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement