Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Installation No-show

Options
  • 23-03-2016 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I ordered the Eir home bundle (TV, broadband & phone) on March 2. I was told by the rep at the time that it would be installed within a week. However, I was then told that he shouldn’t have given me that time and it would actually be March 22 before it would be installed. I was given a time slot of 9-12.30 for yesterday.

So 12.30 came and went yesterday with nobody arriving. I didn’t even receive a courtesy call explaining the delay. I rang your customer service rep (1800 30 37 33) twice and each time she fobbed me off saying that he was just delayed and he should be there before 1.30 and then 2.30. I rang for the final time at 3.45 after he still hadn’t arrived and was told that she couldn’t even contact the agent to see what the story was. Instead, I would have to wait until the morning to get an update. She also told me that I could get an escalation appointment and I told her that I wanted an appointment for Thursday morning at 9am.

I had to leave the house at 4 and I finally got a call from the installation guy at 4.30. He was obviously just ringing at that time to cover himself and have it logged that he called at the house. It’s ridiculous that I was given a time slot for 9-12.30 and he calls at 4.30 saying he’s ready now. I had to take a day off work which was completely wasted.

I rang your rep this morning and after apologising, she told me that the earliest rescheduled appointment I could get would be April 6th! So I have to wait another two weeks because your contracted agent didn’t bother to show-up at the appointed time. That would leave me waiting 5 weeks for installation.

Can you please sort this out as it’s unacceptable that I have to wait another two weeks due to a no-show from you? Otherwise I will cancel my order.
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thomas[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

tp79 wrote: »
    Hi,

I ordered the Eir home bundle (TV, broadband & phone) on March 2. I was told by the rep at the time that it would be installed within a week. However, I was then told that he shouldn’t have given me that time and it would actually be March 22 before it would be installed. I was given a time slot of 9-12.30 for yesterday.

So 12.30 came and went yesterday with nobody arriving. I didn’t even receive a courtesy call explaining the delay. I rang your customer service rep (1800 30 37 33) twice and each time she fobbed me off saying that he was just delayed and he should be there before 1.30 and then 2.30. I rang for the final time at 3.45 after he still hadn’t arrived and was told that she couldn’t even contact the agent to see what the story was. Instead, I would have to wait until the morning to get an update. She also told me that I could get an escalation appointment and I told her that I wanted an appointment for Thursday morning at 9am.

I had to leave the house at 4 and I finally got a call from the installation guy at 4.30. He was obviously just ringing at that time to cover himself and have it logged that he called at the house. It’s ridiculous that I was given a time slot for 9-12.30 and he calls at 4.30 saying he’s ready now. I had to take a day off work which was completely wasted.

I rang your rep this morning and after apologising, she told me that the earliest rescheduled appointment I could get would be April 6th! So I have to wait another two weeks because your contracted agent didn’t bother to show-up at the appointed time. That would leave me waiting 5 weeks for installation.

Can you please sort this out as it’s unacceptable that I have to wait another two weeks due to a no-show from you? Otherwise I will cancel my order.
    Thomas
    Hi tp79, 

I'm really sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves.

Feel free to PM me your details ail and I'll check this for you.

Thanks 

Thanks 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tp79

Hi,

Do you have an update on this yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

Do you have an update on this yet?
    Hi  tp79,

I'm afraid Tracey is unavailable today.
    Can you PM me your details and I'll look into this.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Customer Service Guarantee

eircom operates a customer service guarantee. The service guarantee states that where eircom does not meet targets in relation to installation and fault repair customers may be entitled to a rebate as follows:

Installation: if eircom fails to install a line within 10 working days of eircom agreement to do so the customer can claim a credit of two months free line rental.

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/universal_service_obligation___what_it_means_for_your_phone_service.264.LE.asp#sthash.KmDSsG8a.dpuf

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tp79

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the PM. However, I stated in my original post that I already knew you had rescheduled the appointment for April 6th. I find this completely unacceptable given that you didn't show up for the original appointment that I was already waiting three weeks for. I don't see why I have to wait a full two weeks given it is your responsibility to honour the original appointment. I am now without broadband, phone and TV for the next two weeks.

I ask again why can I not have an escalated appointment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the PM. However, I stated in my original post that I already knew you had rescheduled the appointment for April 6th. I find this completely unacceptable given that you didn't show up for the original appointment that I was already waiting three weeks for. I don't see why I have to wait a full two weeks given it is your responsibility to honour the original appointment. I am now without broadband, phone and TV for the next two weeks.

I ask again why can I not have an escalated appointment?
    I understand your frustration completely tp79 and we are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately there is no appointment availability before the date you have now been allocated. I can arrange a credit applied to your account for the inconvenience caused however we would not be able to allocate you an escalated appointment.
    I'm genuinely sorry I could not offer you better news.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mobiletm

I ordered eir eFibre bundle a few weeks ago and was given yesterday Fri 2nd Feb 2018  by the Appointments team - usual set of textmsg and calls confirming that the technician/engineer would call between 9.30am and 5pm Fri 2nd Feb 2018 (tho' one message listed the time as 9.30am to 4.30pm). I took the day off work - 4pm arrived so, rang and was assured the technician/engineer would call me and was still down to call - 5pm arrived - same story - I called and was assured the technician/engineer would call me and was still down to call. I managed to get through to the Appointment Team this morning and have been re-booked for a visit two weeks time with the possibility of this date being brought forward. The eir Appointment team (who have always been helpful) have confirmed that they can only relay calls - they don't really have any executive function i.e. they are not in charge here. I am now un-sure if the technician is going to call in a weeks time or two weeks time or perhaps some other time.

Can I talk to someone in eir - who is in-charge - to simply find out when the technician is actually going to turn-up and finally set us free from our present dodgy Mobile broadband services - delivered through SIM dongles blowing in the wind outside our upstairs window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

mobiletm wrote: »
    I ordered eir eFibre bundle a few weeks ago and was given yesterday Fri 2nd Feb 2018  by the Appointments team - usual set of textmsg and calls confirming that the technician/engineer would call between 9.30am and 5pm Fri 2nd Feb 2018 (tho' one message listed the time as 9.30am to 4.30pm). I took the day off work - 4pm arrived so, rang and was assured the technician/engineer would call me and was still down to call - 5pm arrived - same story - I called and was assured the technician/engineer would call me and was still down to call. I managed to get through to the Appointment Team this morning and have been re-booked for a visit two weeks time with the possibility of this date being brought forward. The eir Appointment team (who have always been helpful) have confirmed that they can only relay calls - they don't really have any executive function i.e. they are not in charge here. I am now un-sure if the technician is going to call in a weeks time or two weeks time or perhaps some other time.

Can I talk to someone in eir - who is in-charge - to simply find out when the technician is actually going to turn-up and finally set us free from our present dodgy Mobile broadband services - delivered through SIM dongles blowing in the wind outside our upstairs window.
    Hi mobiletm, 

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your order. 

I'm afraid we can only advise on the information in the system and advise if an appointment is in place, a 3rd party company KNN then carry out the physical work on all orders.

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll confirm the appointment is in place for you?  

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement