Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corporate bullying/discrimination/harassment

Options
  • 23-03-2016 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi. I am asking your opinion on this as it drives me absolutely crazy. Im working at this company for about half a year.
    In the first couple of weeks everything was going great. After that I noticed some if my work colleagues started making jokes or commenting while I was around so I could hear them.
    At first I thought I am being a bit paranoid about it but it seems its not that way and now I am being bullied by most of my colleagues.
    Not only that, but the upper management is aware of this and also making rants as well.
    For example, I was bullied while we were in a meeting with other 20 people and the manager started saying things out of the blue which had nothing to do with the line of work. Almost everybody started laughing and I noticed them looking at me and commenting etc.
    This is one example but it is happening almost every single day at work.

I don't know what to do and how to approach this since the upper management and hr know about this behaviour 100%. I kept logs for each day at work with everything that happened related to this.
    Besides being bullied I am also discriminated and treated differently in terms of work by being assigned to do things that lowers my performance and are prone to mistakes or failure.
    Without exagerating I am bejng treated as a garbage within the company. I cannot give more details bu I think you have an idea of the stress levels I am enduring every day.
    I must say that quitting this job is not an option as I am a foreigner here and it was hard eniugh to find this job which I enjoy except the problems from above. Nor do I have a medical card or GP for seing a psychologist.
    Should I contact a lawyer? The only reason I didnt is because I am not sure how will I be charged and money is an important factor for my family and me.

What would you do?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You need to lodge a complaint with your manager/HR using the companys anti-bullying policy, and supply all of the logs you have kept.

What sort of comments are being made?

Also be aware that you have pretty much no employment rights if you are in a company less than a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,969 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I can understand that you may not want to give specifics of the comments here, because that would identify you. But without some more idea we cannot really know if you are being treated rudely, or if you are mis-understandiing situations.

Are there any colleagues who aren't treating you badly? Could you try talking to them quietly, to see what they make of the situation and how to handle it?

Can you look for another job? There are some companies which are just toxic and the only solution is to leave - you might be in one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nozen

Stheno wrote: »
    You need to lodge a complaint with your manager/HR using the companys anti-bullying policy, and supply all of the logs you have kept.

What sort of comments are being made?

Also be aware that you have pretty much no employment rights if you are in a company less than a year.

As I said in the first post, upper management and hr is definitely aware of this as most of them bully me as well. Also, some of my collegues are 'involved' with management and making a complaint would eventually get me dismissed.
    I cannot provide more details due to privacy.
    What do you mean I have no rights?
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

nozen wrote: »
    As I said in the first post, upper management and hr is definitely aware of this as most of them bully me as well. Also, some of my collegues are 'involved' with management and making a complaint would eventually get me dismissed.
    I cannot provide more details due to privacy.
    What do you mean I have no rights?
    Thanks.

Employment rights such as being able to go to a lawyer and sue for constructive dismissal do not kick in until you are employed for a year by a company. Equally if you are on a fixed term contract it does not apply.

We can't really give you any advice here as what you may feel is bullying or harassment may not be so.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭zdragon

That's a really terrible thing.
    You really should stop this .

and also you should analise the past 6 months and see what led to this behavior.
    and try to address the cause so the boliles will not have a reason to do it.

• Advertisement

I can understand that you may not want to give specifics of the comments here, because that would identify you. But without some more idea we cannot really know if you are being treated rudely, or if you are mis-understandiing situations.

Are there any colleagues who aren't treating you badly? Could you try talking to them quietly, to see what they make of the situation and how to handle it?

Can you look for another job? There are some companies which are just toxic and the only solution is to leave - you might be in one of them.

I would give examples of what is happening but they are so on point that they could easily identify me.

I am not mis-understanding situations for sure. That's why I waited so long and gathered everyday logs so I can have some proof.

It would be extremely easy to prove this if audio recording wouldnt be illegal in this country.

I have colleagues whom I get along with and I tried to ask them about these situations but told me they dont know anything about. Even though I noticed some comments from them also but they are more conservative on the subject.

Bottom line, the company doesn't know the difference between professional stuff and personal stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Op, without some sort of example of the bullying you feel you are being subjected to, it is difficult to give advice. Reading you post, it would appear you feel you are being bullied by everyone, from the people you get on with to upper management and HR.

You will need to do some research, assess whether you are indeed being bullied or just being over sensitive to the usual rough and tumble banter in a workplace with many different personalities.

As stated already, you do not have the protection of the Unfair Dismissals Act until you have worked there for at least a year, they can terminate your employment pretty much without reason up to that point. But you do have the protection of anti discrimination law, having said that, without done examples of the "bullying", no one can tell you if you have been wronged.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,969 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bottom line, the company doesn't know the difference between professional stuff and personal stuff.

The company doesn't have to draw a distinction between professional and personal - especially if it's a family-owned company. It could well be that part of the company culture is that employees are friends outside work, and are expected to follow and discuss GAA, what their family did in the St Patricks day parade, etc etc. In one place I worked, there were even people who thought it was perfectly normal to share food at lunchtime: it took a little bit of education from us other foreigners to explain to them why the guy who happens to be Hindu didn't think that was a good idea!

If the colleagues who are supportive don't see any issue, then it may be that you are feeling over-sensitive.

As regards being assigned different work - are you sure that it's not the fact that you're the most recently hired person, and therefore the one who gets the worse jobs to do? That's pretty common. Or perhaps you were specifically hired as an assistant / labourer /etc, and are just being assigned the assistant jobs because of this.

You ask at the end of your post what I would do. The answer is that i would do everything I could to find a different job.

If you call a lawyer, you may get some compensation (one day), but to get that you would have to go through a lot more stress than you'r experiencing now.

davo10 wrote: »
    Op, without some sort of example of the bullying you feel you are being subjected to, it is difficult to give advice. Reading you post, it would appear you feel you are being bullied by everyone, from the people you get on with to upper management and HR.

You will need to do some research, assess whether you are indeed being bullied or just being over sensitive to the usual rough and tumble banter in a workplace with many different personalities.

As stated already, you do not have the protection of the Unfair Dismissals Act until you have worked there for at least a year, they can terminate your employment pretty much without reason up to that point. But you do have the protection of anti discrimination law, having said that, without done examples of the "bullying", no one can tell you if you have been wronged.

Thank you for the feedback. I know this situation makes me look paranoid but if I would be able to give you my logs you'd see I'm not.

The reason I opened this topic was to get an opinion from in these circumstances.
    Where I am 100% sure it is a case of bullying and discrimination. There is no doubt whether I am being bullied or not.

My questions are; what can I do? Wait until I get more logs? Speak to a lawyer?is it a waste if money? How much money woukd i need to pay just to asses my situation.
    Making a complaint within the company is out of the question.
    Is there any situation where recording would be legal? And so on..

As regards being assigned different work - are you sure that it's not the fact that you're the most recently hired person, and therefore the one who gets the worse jobs to do? That's pretty common. Or perhaps you were specifically hired as an assistant / labourer /etc, and are just being assigned the assistant jobs because of this.

You ask at the end of your post what I would do. The answer is that i would do everything I could to find a different job.

If you call a lawyer, you may get some compensation (one day), but to get that you would have to go through a lot more stress than you'r experiencing now.

There are new employees with no experience at all that are treated far more better in line of work than me. Favoritism is no. 1 policy of the company

The company is a multinational with offices around the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

If you feel you are being bullied, then you should log a complaint in line with your companies procedures. Keep a record of making your complaint in writing and any response from the company. If it is sorted out, happy days. If not then there is not a lot you can do other than going on stress related illness and making a claim for personal injury.

Anyone else know if the OP could claim constructive dismissal despite being employed less than one year if the bullying is in relation to their nationality? Or would the employer have to dismiss them for them to claim discriminatory dismissal?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The company is a multinational with offices around the world.

To be brutally honest with you, I find it difficult to accept that a multinational company would single out one person and bully them to the extent you describe. I can't help but feel there is some massive misunderstanding, or misinterpretation of a situation.

The company will have polices and procedures for such a situation. Rather than seek information from random strangers on the internet, use the company policies and procedures. Get a record of everything. Make your case in writing (not email) and keep copies of everything.

Don't bother about going the legal route, as others have said, because you are in the company such a short length of time, you have much less rights than others who are there longer.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    To be brutally honest with you, I find it difficult to accept that a multinational company would single out one person and bully them to the extent you describe. I can't help but feel there is some massive misunderstanding, or misinterpretation of a situation.

The company will have polices and procedures for such a situation. Rather than seek information from random strangers on the internet, use the company policies and procedures. Get a record of everything. Make your case in writing (not email) and keep copies of everything.

Don't bother about going the legal route, as others have said, because you are in the company such a short length of time, you have much less rights than others who are there longer.

Trust me, I have analyzed every single situation that happened since I am in this company. I spoke with my family and many friends about all this and they dont believe I am misunderstanding all this.
    I even has several discussions with an antibullying organisation here in iteland where I presented all my records and they said also there is gross misconduct and should reach a lawyer for this.
    The only thing I havent reach one is I am tight on money and I cannot afford paying a lawyer just to hear my case and then say there is nothing to be done.
    That's why I posted here, maybe there is some of you who has an opinion whether I would have a chance taking legal actions or its waste of nerves and money.
    Already this affected my mood as my stress and anxiety levels are over the edge. I just cannot move on to another job because it will hunt me for a long time. I lost all my confidence and affected my personal life to a point where I feel that I cannot go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I went through a bullying ordeal with a manager, was in a job 3 months and she went out of her way to make things very tough for me. Out of the blue they decided to let me go. I had to leave after 3 months. It was very unpleasant, I got a new job 10 days later but looked into Citizens Advice,who were rubbish, just newly qualified law students doing it for their CV. (That was my experience anyway)

As the posters say, less than a year gives you no rights whatsoever but I had a log of everything that happened, down to the meeting with manager and HR (manager hired me on her own and had done this to a few people) I got very good legal advice, brought the case and they settled with me for 3 months wages , the rest of my my 6 month probation. It will only get worse, protect yourself take good legal advice and get out of there.Life is too short to be letting it affect you.

The whole process really affected me, and my relationships it was very tough, even now its bittersweet looking back on it, no money is compensation for being treated badly in my opinion. I was really glad they realised she couldn't do that to that anymore to anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Trust me, I have analyzed every single situation that happened since I am in this company. I spoke with my family and many friends about all this and they dont believe I am misunderstanding all this.
    I even has several discussions with an antibullying organisation here in iteland where I presented all my records and they said also there is gross misconduct and should reach a lawyer for this.
    The only thing I havent reach one is I am tight on money and I cannot afford paying a lawyer just to hear my case and then say there is nothing to be done.
    That's why I posted here, maybe there is some of you who has an opinion whether I would have a chance taking legal actions or its waste of nerves and money.
    Already this affected my mood as my stress and anxiety levels are over the edge. I just cannot move on to another job because it will hunt me for a long time. I lost all my confidence and affected my personal life to a point where I feel that I cannot go on.

Op, friends and family will often tell you what you want to hear, which anti bullying organisation were you talking to? They also may not be giving you impartial advice and should at the very least explained the limitations of your position as en employee with less than 1 year of service.

There are posters here who have experience in HR, experience in bringing cases to tribunals and employers with experience of dealing with employee bullying related problems, but none can give you an opinion without first being given examples of the issues you have experienced. Different countries and indeed companies have different work cultures, favouritism is a constant in every working environment, managers have certain "go to" employees who they like/trust/rely on, and there are also employees who managers think are not up to the task. You may not like that but that is the same everywhere. Also, by giving you difficult tasks they may be seeing if you will "sink or swim", right now you are the best one placed to answer that.

You are not going to get advice here unless you give examples and unless you go see a solicitor, then you may be as well to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

In the vast majority of bullying cases, the best approach is to leave. You say it is not an option, but why not? Mental health and confidence suffer in an unhealthy workplace, but you can take a few steps, such as tidy up your cv and look to see what jobs are out there. Then apply- nothing to lose.

Diziet wrote: »
    In the vast majority of bullying cases, the best approach is to leave. You say it is not an option, but why not? Mental health and confidence suffer in an unhealthy workplace, but you can take a few steps, such as tidy up your cv and look to see what jobs are out there. Then apply- nothing to lose.

Think op posted that they are a foreingner, maybe they need a visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

"upper management and hr is definitely aware of this as most of them bully me as well."

This is not the same as contacting HR or Senior Management and discussing your situation with them, their comments made in discussion with their colleagues may reflect badly upon them, but once you open a professional conversation with them as HR professionals in a Multi-national company you should get a professional response. If you communicate clearly that you feel what you are experiencing is bullying then you put them under pressure to support you and resolve the issue.

If you want to stay and succeed at the company: I would advise scheduling a meeting with them to discuss your concerns "informally", be very clear on what you are experiencing an the effect that it is having on you. This then puts a responsibility on then to deal with the situation. They may ask if you want them to address this informally or formally. So HR folks will then take the people involved aside and have an informal discussion with them to resolve the situation. People normally take such a informal conversation with HR seriously as a last-chance as an accusation of bullying can be career-ending for anybody in management in a multi-national company.

Then depending on their actions or indeed inaction, escalating it to a formal complaint if that is appropriate. If you do intend to take this to court, you should follow your company's disciplinary procedure to the letter. It would strengthen your case if you have a full record or reporting the Issues to HR and working through the company process to resolve them before resorting to a legal route.
    "Without exagerating I am bejng treated as a garbage within the company."

On the other hand, if you really believe this, the only real option is to move on. Put your head down, ignore the problem people, work hard, but work even harder at finding a better workplace.

Depending on your industry, suing an employer may not be a good idea. Ireland is a small business community and word gets around very quickly, even well-run workplaces with good cultures avoid candidates that have taken previous employers to court. Not fair, but a fact of life.

Best of Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭hickory

You need to lodge a grievance with HR. You perceive there is harassment/bullying and you could be correct. However could this be a cultural difference?
    Irish people can be quite sarcastic but not mean bad by it. I know when I worked abroad I had to be careful with sarcasm as it wasn't understood. In my work when we were a small department we had a lot of joking and messing and wise cracks at each other, it was a very happy place to work. As we got to be a bigger department we had to stop this as we realised not everyone took it in the spirit it was meant in so we stopped but maybe this is the case in your work.
    I don't understand how you can pursue a legal route before making HR aware of your grievance, you may think they are aware but if they do not perceive anything wrong with the behaviour then they may not be aware. Legal route is very dramatic before you lodge a grievance. If you feel they are not dealing with your grievance then it is time to go legal

Thank you all for your feedback.

I have decided to go to court with this. Already spoke with several solicitors and after providing some examples from my logs, each of them agreed it is gross misconduct from colleague and especially upper management.

I will be making updates here, hoping that it would help others in situations like this.

It will be a long stressful road ahead but it already turned my life upside down. Might as well fight them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Thank you all for your feedback.

I have decided to go to court with this. Already spoke with several solicitors and after providing some examples from my logs, each of them agreed it is gross misconduct from colleague and especially upper management.

I will be making updates here, hoping that it would help others in situations like this.

It will be a long stressful road ahead but it already turned my life upside down. Might as well fight them.

just as a heads up and i dont want to put you down or make you feel bad but going to court is not an option unless you have exhausted the internal system ie raised a grievance with HR and followed the process.

it wont stand up in court, no solicitor worth their salt would take this case without advising you to approach the company first, you are not covered by unfair dismissals so have no case, the solicitor you have spoken too if they are telling you that you have case based on the same things you have said here.

the only thing i can think of is that you are taking a case for breach of contract or something but then again you have to speak to HR directly, im bothered/confused by this because i cant think of how you will take it to court before telling the company? or what law they have broken?

the simplest defence will be, well you never told anyone, how were we supposed to resolve the issue or protect you at work if you never told anyone.

you will lose and end up paying a solicitor a fortune for the pleasure.

please please please approach Hr first. if that doesnt work then take it further.

just as a heads up and i dont want to put you down or not but going to court is not an option unless you have exhausted the internal system ie raised a griveanve with Hr and followed the process.

it wont stand up in court and no crime has been committed. no solicitor worth their salt would take this case without advising you to approach the company first,

the simplest defence will be, well you never told anyone how were we supposed to resolve the issue or protect you at work if you never told anyone.

you will lose and end up paying a solicitor a fortune for the pleasure.

please please please approach Hr first. if that doesnt work then take it further.

I've been advised by solicitor to make formal complaints to head office under solicitor's legal supervision.

We will see how this goes and actions will be made accordingly.

I've been advised by solicitor to make formal complaints to head office under solicitor's legal supervision.

We will see how this goes and actions will be made accordingly.

formal complaints about what though?

about bullying?

a lot of company's will not engage with you if you have legal representation,

its considered bad faith.

i would recommend you ask your solicitor for his/her qualification to prove they know what their talking about because their advice seems very very off the wall.

formal complaints about what though?

about bullying?

a lot of company's will not engage with you if you have legal representation,

its considered bad faith.

i would recommend you ask your solicitor for his/her qualification to prove they know what their talking about because their advice seems very very off the wall.

I think I didnt express corectly. Sorry for my bad english form.

I will be going to HR and follow the company procedures but I will have legal advice in order to go by the books and not do or say things that would affect me in case we go to court

I will be going to HR and follow the company procedures but I will have legal advice in order to go by the books and not do or say things that would affect me in case we go to court

Will you be telling HR you have sought legal advice?

no i understood that.

what i am saying is, (i work in Hr and am a training and employment law specialist for a multi national)

I would not engage with you if you have sought legal advise, if shows bad faith.

in case your not sure:

Bad faith (Latin: mala fides) is double mindedness or double heartedness in duplicity, fraud, or deception. It may involve intentional deceit of others, or self-deception. The expression "bad faith" is associated with "double heartedness", which is also translated as "double mindedness"

if basically means you dont trust me to follow the procedure and have contacted an outside party to assist you instead of trusting the company procedure. if your contact is anything like mine, you are in breach of contract for not following procedure and contacting an outside party and making them privy to your employment contact and internal procedures.

it means you are only approaching the company with a view to sue, not to resolve the issue.

if what you are saying is true, (and the more i read the more i think its a bit of attention seeking posting and not true at all or has a hint of truth ie you are being picked on but wont do anything to stop it internally and would prefer a big drama) then you need to be very careful, the courts in Ireland are open and a case you are describing would be newspaper fodder in minutes.

no i understood that.

what i am saying is, (i work in Hr and am a training and employment law specialist for a multi national)

I would not engage with you if you have sought legal advise, if shows bad faith.

in case your not sure:

Bad faith (Latin: mala fides) is double mindedness or double heartedness in duplicity, fraud, or deception. It may involve intentional deceit of others, or self-deception. The expression "bad faith" is associated with "double heartedness", which is also translated as "double mindedness"

if basically means you dont trust me to follow the procedure and have contacted an outside party to assist you instead of trusting the company procedure. if your contact is anything like mine, you are in breach of contract for not following procedure and contacting an outside party and making them privy to your employment contact and internal procedures.

it means you are only approaching the company with a view to sue, not to resolve the issue.

No, I wont be telling them I have legal advice. I am considering the solicitor as a friend who gives you a piece of advice so you dont screw up things.

HR would have much more experience in dealing with this and will definitely turn it on me without hussle. That's why I didnt have the nerve to make any complaint since word will spread fast and I would be assigned to projects that are deemed to failure and be dismissed easily.

If you have experience in HR do you mind if I ask how is it ok to be dismissed without reason? Considering the fact that now I am performing above most of colleagues. So being dismissed on this reason would be rather strange.

More than that, if after the complaint, I am assigned to bad projectls that would lower my performance, I would be dismissed on these grounds. Wouldnt that be ilegal?

Im not sure about the unfair dismisal. Why is there a limit regarding how long I was employed. I have read the act and it does not say anything about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Op, going anon for this. I went through similar situation and unfortunately was not protected by employee law as I was not in a paid role. As far as I know bullying and victimization fall under health and safety act which is applied regardless. I brought my issues to my superior officer on several occasions and tried to access mediation at every stage and was prevented from doing so, my emails went unread and like you I had to contact external source to help. As I was not regarded as an employee the situation was considered a criminal issue and so was handed over to the gardai. I was never looking to sue or prosecute, I couldn't care less about that I just wanted it to stop. If all else fails and you believe your life is at risk don't hesitate to contact the gardai.

No, I wont be telling them I have legal advice. I am considering the solicitor as a friend who gives you a piece of advice so you dont screw up things.
    this is bad faith, you will be destroyed.
    HR would have much more experience in dealing with this and will definitely turn it on me without hussle.

this is also bad faith, you say HR will turn it on you, if you are being bullied HR will investigate and try to resolve the issue. If they dont then contact the EAT and take action.
    that's why I didnt have the nerve to make any complaint since word will spread fast and I would be assigned to projects that are deemed to failure and be dismissed easily.

this is your problem not your companies, complaints are confidential. word will not spread, my company has sacked people for taking about open investigations or disciplinary.
    If you have experience in HR do you mind if I ask how is it ok to be dismissed without reason? Considering the fact that now I am performing above most of colleagues. So being dismissed on this reason would be rather strange.

have you been dismissed? why would you be dismissed?
    if your performance is okay and you fit into the culture of the organisation why would you be dismissed?
    More than that, if after the complaint, I am assigned to bad projectls that would lower my performance, I would be dismissed on these grounds. Wouldnt that be ilegal?

what company has bad projects? if you are capable you should be able to full fill your role.
    Im not sure about the unfair dismisal. Why is there a limit regarding how long I was employed. I have read the act and it does not say anything about that.

Unfair Dismissals Acts 1977 to 2007, you have read the act? you cant have.

the second section after definitions of the act is :

Exclusions.

2.—(1) This Act shall not apply in relation to any of the following persons:

(a) an employee (other than a person referred to in section 4 of this Act) who is dismissed, who, at the date of his dismissal, had less than one year's continuous service with the employer who dismissed him and whose dismissal does not result wholly or mainly from the matters referred to in section 6 (2) (f) of this Act.

look im going to call you on this, your'e full of it, you say you read the act and there is nothing in it about being in employment for a year, its literally the first line of the first section of actual writing. (for anyone who's got a spare hour you can read it here: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1977/act/10/enacted/en/html)

i think you have exaggerated your claim and have a chip on your shoulder about the company. you have no trust in the organisation to resolve the issue you admit to not approaching HR because they would turn it on you.

Quit while you are ahead and start looking for another job.

• Advertisement

this is bad faith, you will be destroyed.

this is also bad faith, you say HR will turn it on you, if you are being bullied HR will investigate and try to resolve the issue. If they dont then contact the EAT and take action.

this is your problem not your companies, complaints are confidential. word will not spread, my company has sacked people for taking about open investigations or disciplinary.

have you been dismissed? why would you be dismissed?
    if your performance is okay and you fit into the culture of the organisation why would you be dismissed?

what company has bad projects? if you are capable you should be able to full fill your role.

Unfair Dismissals Acts 1977 to 2007, you have read the act? you cant have.

the second section after definitions of the act is :

Exclusions.

2.—(1) This Act shall not apply in relation to any of the following persons:

(a) an employee (other than a person referred to in section 4 of this Act) who is dismissed, who, at the date of his dismissal, had less than one year's continuous service with the employer who dismissed him and whose dismissal does not result wholly or mainly from the matters referred to in section 6 (2) (f) of this Act.

look im going to call you on this, your'e full of it, you say you read the act and there is nothing in it about being in employment for a year, its literally the first line of the first section of actual writing. (for anyone who's got a spare hour you can read it here:

i think you have exaggerated your claim and have a chip on your shoulder about the company. you have no trust in the organisation to resolve the issue you admit to not approaching HR because they would turn it on you.

Quit while you are ahead and start looking for another job.

Thank you for your feedback.

I will be destroyed because I have no clue how to deal with this and got a piece of advice from someone that would know? That's a bit over the edge.

Maybe I didnt get this right but you are saying it's bad faith to believe that the HR will find means to get ur a** kicked out of the company or turn it on you?

I think you work in the most perfect multinational I can think of.

I dont have a grudge on the company at all. In fact I enjoy it apart of these situations.

You see how this discussion had an easy turnover? You immediately 'attacked' what I said so that Im the one full of s**t and it's probably me who wants to be bullied and has a grudge on the company.

I bet if you would be in my company's HR you would destroy me easily.

The thing is I'm not the only one in the company that would complain about being discriminated but they dont have the guts to step up.

About the unfair dismisal act. You are right, I have read it some time ago and at that point I may have read through the lines and skipped this part.

Advertisement