Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diesel car sputtering at about 2k rpm

• 23-03-2016 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what could be the cause before i go to my mechanic who always happens to find hundreds in extras each time I visit.
    Car is hesitating when accelerating around the 2k rpm. It's worse going uphill. Under 2k it's ok. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

screamer wrote: »
    Just wondering what could be the cause before i go to my mechanic who always happens to find hundreds in extras each time I visit.
    Car is hesitating when accelerating around the 2k rpm. It's worse going uphill. Under 2k it's ok. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Make, model, type?

Any coolant loss? Sounds a bit like the symptoms of an EGR failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭screamer

R.O.R wrote: »
    Make, model, type?

Any coolant loss? Sounds a bit like the symptoms of an EGR failure.
    Sorry seat Leon 1.9tdi egr has been mapped out
    No coolant loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Does it pick up again at any point?
    Could be air flow meter

Does it pick up again at any point?
    Could be air flow meter

Ah it does it stops when I get it moving a bit faster. It starts around 80kph and it goes around 90 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Diagnostics should be your first port of call. I reckon it's probably a maf (air flow meter) issue could also be a boost leak either. Any unusual smoke out the exhaust? Excessive black smoke on acceleration?

• Advertisement

No unusual smoke, no black or blue smoke either. I'll go get the diagnostics done. I'm just dreading it's the bloody turbo. Not worth fixing if that's the case. Cheers all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

I don't think it'll be the actual turbo itself but it could be a boost issue. Diagnostics should point ya in the right direction

Advertisement