Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to airport journey time

Options
  • 23-03-2016 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Approximately how long would it take to get from Maynooth to the airport at 8am tomorrow? Would it be best to go via N4 or back roads to Dunboyne and on to the N3 given that I'm on the Moyglare side of town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

Hi, It should take about 45 minutes with light traffic but I would allow at least an hour if not a bit longer. Also I would take the back roads and keep the radio on to listen for traffic news. If you do hear of a problem on the M3/M50 you could always take the back roads to the airport.

When I take a journey like that I usually open Google Maps while I am getting ready to check traffic speed. If it look all green then everything should be OK whereas lots of Red means that I need to get out of the house quicker and to try an alternative route.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

Rathkenny wrote: »
    Approximately how long would it take to get from Maynooth to the airport at 8am tomorrow? Would it be best to go via N4 or back roads to Dunboyne and on to the N3 given that I'm on the Moyglare side of town?

The roads are empty this week with schools closed, etc. I would definitely go M4, M50. 30 mins or so. Drove to city centre from Maynooth all this week in 35 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Schools off and a lot of people use same time to take holiday from work, so traffic very light as work traffic os down and school trafic is non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Thanks a million for the advice. I'll go with the normal m4/m50.

Advertisement