Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The magic efibre rollout map - is it finally truthful?

Options
  • 23-03-2016 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Hi Reps,
    I noted with some excitement yesterday that Gort, Kinvara and Ardrahan, had gone from 6 months to 6 weeks on the efibre rollout map, however then I noted that the same seems to have happened for 100's of exchanges yesterday.

Is there anything you can do to check if the map is actually reflecting any marginally truthful information this time around...

..or are you just gearing up for another big advertising campaign where you point people to the map and tell them that if they sign up to a 2 year contract they will have efibre in a few weeks, and then chahge it back again to within a year, or 6 months or whatever takes your fancy!

thanks in advance!

Irishgrover

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Reps,
    I noted with some excitement yesterday that Gort, Kinvara and Ardrahan, had gone from 6 months to 6 weeks on the efibre rollout map, however then I noted that the same seems to have happened for 100's of exchanges yesterday.

Is there anything you can do to check if the map is actually reflecting any marginally truthful information this time around...

..or are you just gearing up for another big advertising campaign where you point people to the map and tell them that if they sign up to a 2 year contract they will have efibre in a few weeks, and then chahge it back again to within a year, or 6 months or whatever takes your fancy!

thanks in advance!

Irishgrover
    Hi irishgrover,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately the dates we provide on-line are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi Reps,

thanks in advance!

Irishgrover
    Hi irishgrover,

Unfortunately the dates we provide on-line are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.

Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,
    I understand that there are estimates, but the question I'm asking is, given the fact that the majority of your estimates have been false to date, is there any reason to believe that this has changed. I'm absolutely not looking for a guarantee, and I'm not asking about availability in my house, just asking about the truthfulness of the map.
     I am just asking is there any truth to the estimates this time around, or is it just more misleading false information similar to the last 10 or so map updates

Let me ask in a binary question, that you can only answer in a yes or no manner, to make it easier..

QUESTION "Has something changed that would provide any reason to believe that the information provided in the map is truthful?"
    And now you answer "Yes" or "No"

PS: In case you are not aware of it, you have updated possibly 100's of exchanges in the last 48 hours to "within the next 6 weeks"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Hi Pamela,
    I understand that there are estimates, but the question I'm asking is, given the fact that the majority of your estimates have been false to date, is there any reason to believe that this has changed. I'm absolutely not looking for a guarantee, and I'm not asking about availability in my house, just asking about the truthfulness of the map.
     I am just asking is there any truth to the estimates this time around, or is it just more misleading false information similar to the last 10 or so map updates

Let me ask in a binary question, that you can only answer in a yes or no manner, to make it easier..

QUESTION "Has something changed that would provide any reason to believe that the information provided in the map is truthful?"

PS: In case you are not aware of it, you have updated possibly 100's of exchanges in the last 48 hours to "within the next 6 weeks"

My local exchange, not too far away from you says expected live date March 16th, but I have been told here it's still in planning. Not sure why they update the map with incorrect information.

glineli wrote: »
    My local exchange, not too far away from you says expected live date March 16th, but I have been told here it's still in planning. Not sure why they update the map with incorrect information.
    simples....so their sales agents can convince people to sign up for 18 or 24 month contracts because efibre service is just weeks away.....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I work in the Sandyford Ind Estate, a 5 minute walk from Microsoft & SalesForce HQs.

2 years ago the map showed that the exchange was enabled and efibre was in the area.

We were among the first to be hooked up on our shiny new cabinet about a month ago.

Don't believe the hype!

• Advertisement

Hi Reps,

thanks in advance!

Irishgrover
    Hi irishgrover,

Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

I can assure you that this is our planned efibre roll-out irishgrover. I'm afraid there can be delays in the roll out and [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I understand this is very frustrating however unfortunately this is the most up to date information we have on this at the minute.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

I can assure you that this is our planned efibre roll-out irishgrover. I'm afraid there can be delays in the roll out and [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I understand this is very frustrating however unfortunately this is the most up to date information we have on this at the minute.[/font]

Thanks for getting back to me Pamela,
    obviously you'll understand that, based on the actual facts (repeated behavior of purposely misleading customers), I'll assume that the information in the map continues to be purposely misleading for commercial purposes, as your colleagues have admitted in other posts :-)

But to be clear, and maybe  you would be good enough to pass this onto anyone who cares....
    I am not frustrated that I do not yet have efibre, I am annoyed that you think it's okay to continuously lie to your customers, and con people into signing contracts.
    Every update that I have ever seen on the map is a false lie. 
    I know for a fact, and you know for a fact, that you changed 10s or 100's of exchanges to "next 6 weeks" in the last 72 hours.
    I know for a fact, and you know for a fact that less than 20 of these (if any) will go live in the "next 6 weeks".
    There is no relationship between your map and the truth, it's just very frustrating that you treat your customers with such contempt.

For example you state "I can assure you that this is our planned efibre roll-out" - this is, with respect, self evidently a lie that you are being paid to peddle. You have changed the map on at least 10 separate occasions in the last 2 years, and never met the published date. There is no way that a company can be so incompetent, repetitively, for over 2 years and not be aware of it. The only logical conclusion is deception.

thanks and enjoy the weekend

obviously you'll understand that, based on the actual facts (repeated behavior of purposely misleading customers), I'll assume that the information in the map continues to be purposely misleading for commercial purposes, as your colleagues have admitted in other posts :-)

But to be clear, and maybe  you would be good enough to pass this onto anyone who cares....
    I am not frustrated that I do not yet have efibre, I am annoyed that you think it's okay to continuously lie to your customers, and con people into signing contracts.
    I know for a fact, and you know for a fact, that you changed 10s or 100's of exchanges to "next 6 weeks" in the last 72 hours.
    I know for a fact, and you know for a fact that less than 20 of these (if any) will go live in the "next 6 weeks".
    There is no relationship between your map and the truth, it's just very frustrating that you treat your customers with such contempt.

For example you state "I can assure you that this is our planned efibre roll-out" - this is, with respect, self evidently a lie that you are being paid to peddle. You have changed the map on at least 10 separate occasions in the last 2 years, and never met the published date. There is no way that a company can be so incompetent, repetitively, for over 2 years and not be aware of it. The only logical conclusion is deception.

No problem irishgrover,  I'll be sure you relay your feedback to the relevant department.
    Again I'm sorry I could not offer you better news.

Have a good weekend :)

Pamela 

No problem irishgrover,  I'll be sure you relay your feedback to the relevant department.
    Again I'm sorry I could not offer you better news.

Have a good weekend :)

Pamela 
    Hi,
    you've given me great news --- < 6 weeks to efibre...
    the only problem is that we both know it's horsesh!t, but Eir think this is acceptable business practice :-)

Enjoy the weekend..let it be long and sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

glineli wrote: »

Ah sh!te, I'm moving house and was getting excited that our nearest cabinet was meant to go live on March 23rd, I've even spotted the Eir van there a few times this week, but sounds like I could be waiting a while so?!
    My gamer daughter is going to lose her sh!t! We currently have efibre so it's gonna be hard to revert back to snails pace again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

Very true .. For example im from annestown co.waterford and our efibre date was for september last year which it is now march 2016 ... This is not good enough all the people in rurual areas have to suffer with poor broadband speeds .. Not its estimiated for within 1 year i will believe it when i see it i will be probably on here next year and it will be the same old story

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Doing the same for my number despite 4km+ distance from cabinet and exchange. 

Enter your number here and it will tell you if your line supports efibre http://business.digiweb.ie/linechecker/

Example below 

Line Check Results For:0504-XXXXX

Exchange Code:  Unknown
    DSL Enabled:  Yes - 4 MB
    NGB Enabled:  No
    Fibre Enabled: No
    LLU Enabled: No

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

You won't get fibre at 4km the max range is around 2 or 2.5 km

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If there is any truth in the accusations being made against Eir on this thread, its worrying that they are allowed to get away with such practices.

jay93 wrote: »
    After 2km there's really no point in getting it. In some cases (depending on location of cabinet) ADSL2 is faster. 
    NIMAN wrote: »
    If there is any truth in the accusations being made against Eir on this thread, its worrying that they are allowed to get away with such practices.
    Hang on I'll show you in a second what it says. 

See http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/99074784

Note it now says 6 weeks for me and my neighbours.

NIMAN wrote: »

Yes, all my claims are factual.

For all those people who signed up or switched to eircom to standard adsl1/2 broadband/phone thinking they'll be upgraded to VDSL

Will eircom allow them to leave their contracts without penalty?

No longer saying the 16th Mar or 6 weeks

This is correct jay93to avail of the fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) you would need to be within 2KM's of the cabinet.  Its also worth noting even when a cabinet may seem close lines are not laid as the crow flies and may take different routes from the cabinet before it reaches your home.

Pamela 

This is correct jay93to avail of the fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) you would need to be within 2KM's of the cabinet.  Its also worth noting even when a cabinet may seem close lines are not laid as the crow flies and may take different routes from the cabinet before it reaches your home.

Pamela 

For all those people who signed up or switched to eircom to standard adsl1/2 broadband/phone thinking they'll be upgraded to VDSL

Will eircom allow them to leave their contracts without penalty?

No longer saying the 16th Mar or 6 weeks

Please feel free to PM me your account details and I'll check for an update on this Grab All Association, 
    I'm afraid eir would not waive any customers contract as efibre or broadband is not a guaranteed service, however I do understand your frustration with this.

Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement