Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Cycling Kit orders (orders closed)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭marcofan

Masala wrote: »
    They not doing 1/2 zip or 1/4 zip jerseys??? Too bad...

we can do that no problem, if your going to order let me know and i can add what you want to the store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

marcofan wrote: »
    hi all items will be in boards.ie art work the verge images are just stock images

if you are unsure about sizing please go to the verge size table on the left hand side of the page or go to http://www.vergesport.com/ir-en/ each item in there will have a sizing chart

let me know if you have any more questions

Too much choice - I'm confused!! :o

Remind me which bib-shorts & SS jerseys were ordered the last time for reference? Can't remember if we went Core or Elite.

Thanks.

the first order was elite but i think most went with core the second time round i would highly recommend it against elite as you get a lot more bang for your buck, the fit on the 2 of them is the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

How long will the shop be open?

closing on Sunday the 19th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Could we get the closing date added to the thread title by any chance?

Edit: Had trouble loading the shopping basket on my laptop, but it worked fine on my phone if anyone else is having similar trouble.

marcofan wrote:
    closing on Sunday the 19th

Darn guess I'll miss out so

the store can be opened later during the year and if you want a 1 off we can do that but it will be more pricy as you will be caught for shipping from the factory
    dunworth1 wrote: »
    Darn guess I'll miss out so

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Is payment due when purchasing? (havent resisted yet)

yes you will be paying online when ordering
    godtabh wrote: »
    Is payment due when purchasing? (havent resisted yet)

• Advertisement

marcofan wrote:
    the store can be opened later during the year and if you want a 1 off we can do that but it will be more pricy as you will be caught for shipping from the factory

Interesting roughly how much extra would it be?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

marcofan wrote: »
    yes you will be paying online when ordering

I'm out unfortunately. I'm on holidays next week so dont have the money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Does anyone in north county Dublin/Drogheda areas happen to have a pair of bib shorts from the a previous order in large or medium I could try on for size. I've been putting off getting a new pair of shorts for long enough mine are see through and I can't ever figure out my size which always puts me off ordering

€39 is the couriers fee from the factory to you
    dunworth1 wrote: »
    Interesting roughly how much extra would it be?

marcofan wrote:
    €39 is the couriers fee from the factory to you

Ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Bump with thread title edit :D

Hurry up and close the orders off before I spend any more money that I haven't got!

Does anyone in north county Dublin/Drogheda areas happen to have a pair of bib shorts from the a previous order in large or medium I could try on for size. I've been putting off getting a new pair of shorts for long enough mine are see through and I can't ever figure out my size which always puts me off ordering

I take it that's a no

I take it that's a no

I have the bibs from the last order in large. You are welcome to try them if you are around Dublin 1 any weekday during normal office hours.

PM me if that works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

So does this effectively mean all future orders will be tied to verge then?

Hi Dav,

Any answer on this one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Jersey ordered! :D

I have the bibs from the last order in large. You are welcome to try them if you are around Dublin 1 any weekday during normal office hours.

PM me if that works for you.

Thanks Rogue Trooper, no way to get to town during working hours unfortunately. Maybe you could help me though if you dont me asking what heigh/weight/waste are you?

Im 6' even, ~80KG and a 34" waste.

Thanks Rogue Trooper, no way to get to town during working hours unfortunately. Maybe you could help me though if you dont me asking what heigh/weight/waste are you?

Im 6' even, ~80KG and a 34" waste.

I'm an inch shorter but almost 10kg heavier than you, with a 34"ish waist. The large is a good snug fit on me in every way except one - it tends to mash my nuts (can't think of a more eloquent way of saying that) a bit too much, so much so that I spend my life tugging at them (the shorts that is) in order to gain relief in the form of more ball room. And no, the straps are not too tight.

For this reason I have ordered a pair in XL this time round in the hope that they will afford more favourable ball room. However I hope they don't end up too big in other areas, which are damn near perfect.

Hope this has gone some way towards answering your question!

Hi all just a reminder this is closing tonight

Hi Dav,

Any answer on this one?

Sorry, I missed that earlier in the thread.

Verge and marcofan have been pretty good to us and people seem happy with the gear. I think that it's good we can support one of our own who in turn supports us. We don't have any sort of formal arrangement in place or anything, but as their own business has evolved to be able to offer this shop front service, it seems to me that it's easiest for everyone to make use of the improvements.

However, if folks want to try something else or look elsewhere, that's ok with me - it's you folks who'll be wearing the stuff :)

thanks to all who ordered, the order has now being accepted by production and will ship on the 15th of July so Dav will have it the following thursday/friday

thanks again

john

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

S**t just saw this thread now. I would like to treat myself to some boards gear. might just go to the site this evening and look at what might have been!

Good news! The order has been shipped and I should have it some time next week if all goes to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭camroc76

are they here yet ? are they here yet ?:)...

• Advertisement

Stuff arrived today, I've been too busy to get it squared away for collection, but I will have it ready tomorrow.

Advertisement