Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

axe bag sheath

• 23-03-2016 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hi looking for a sheath that i can molle attach to my back pack to hold an axe if anyone knows where i can get 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

May I ask why you'd want to carry an axe like that?

I'd always carry a hand axe in a pack with the head covered and as high up in the pack and near my back as possible.

Inside because its easier not to attract attention than explain to the authorities why you are carrying it and because its a heavy item located close to my back and high up in pack to keep the pack balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 survivaljunki3

Have no room in pack tbh and I carry water bottle on side of bag so axe on other side would balance it out abit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

hi looking for a sheath that i can molle attach to my back pack to hold an axe if anyone knows where i can get 1

Do you already have an axe/hatchet, because some of those for sale in Woodies come with sheaths with a large eyelet in them, which could be used to attach it to a pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

Have a look at an airsoft shotgun sheath they are cheap and easy to modify depending upon the size of your axe. Cable tie it to the molle but you would need spares. Paracord would work or bungy cord

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lostboy75

Or buy some kydex and try making your own. It's fairly straightforward. Loads of videos up on the tube. Would allow you to make exactly want you want. Option to add a tekloc, belt loops etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement